Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

More Brandy!
    hello world, hows tricks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Panthro wrote: »
    More Brandy!
    hello world, hows tricks
    I've been off work until tomorrow, started watching Oz, nearly finished season 2, what a show!

Must stop watching it and get organised, hoovering and such :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

D'Agger wrote: »
    I've been off work until tomorrow, started watching Oz, nearly finished season 2, what a show!

Do not start season 3!!

Do at some point of course. It's a one day job though.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Do not start season 3!!

Do at some point of course. It's a one day job though.
    Unfortunately I know I won't be able to stop myself :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Enjoy the show Daggs

Berlin is not happening :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm totes jelly of people that get to watch Oz for the first time.

Afternoon chaps.

/signals barman for a pint of plain

How goes it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

You on the Box Set? Been looking for a good bargain on the full series box set.

Oz is deadly, used to be on TG4 at all hours so it was.
    I would be a bleary eyed pup landing into Construction Studies class the following morning, awww youth!

Tis nearly Thursday, woooo!

(BARMAN! I'll have what that beardy buck in the corner is having, he looks like he's seen stuff....all kinds a stuff...ain't that right....beer cat! )

Passenger wrote: »
    You on the Box Set? Been looking for a good bargain on the full series box set.

Here you go. I have the same set, tis very pwetty.
    Oz is deadly, used to be on TG4 at all hours so it was.
    I would be a bleary eyed pup landing into Construction Studies class the following morning, awww youth!

Tis nearly Thursday, woooo!

(BARMAN! I'll have what that beardy buck in the corner is having, he looks like he's seen stuff....all kinds a stuff...ain't that right....beer cat! )

I have seen many, many things.

Alot good, some not so good, the black schtuff makes it better though.

Hows tricks P?

Not too bad now BCat, living the dream in Claremorris, the gateway to Castlebar...!
    The lady is wanting to get a dog, stuffs getting real haha!
    How's yourself? How's the wedding craic working out?

• Advertisement

Barna77 wrote: »
    Enjoy the show Daggs

Berlin is not happening :(

Ah gutted man, logistics or price? Let me know if you plan on going in the future I can forward on details of where I stayed etc. - worked out pretty cheap.
    I'm totes jelly of people that get to watch Oz for the first time.

It's my first time watching it in order - saw loads of episodes here and there when it was on TG4....although I don't know how because Panthro's definitely older than me and I was rarely left up late :confused::pac:
    Passenger wrote: »
    You on the Box Set?

Amm....kinda :pac:
    Not too bad now BCat, living the dream in Claremorris, the gateway to Castlebar...!

Wish I could get a dog :( Get a German Shepherd or a newfoundland like this guy I saw on reddit yesterday - all the awws

Too much fur DAgg!

Alls gravy mate, everything booked/decided upon.

Just need to come up with the cash moneh to pay for the bloody thing now!

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Only watched 2 episodes of Oz, so far. :o Had the box set for a few weeks...

And it's Friday thank fúck
    Ah gutted man, logistics or price? Let me know if you plan on going in the future I can forward on details of where I stayed etc. - worked out pretty cheap.
    The money I'm afraid.
    After Paddy's week and road trip in April the bank will be in a poor state. My mates going to Berlin decided to stay a bit longer than a weekend, so I dropped out.

I'll give you a shout if I go sometime, cheers :)

If anybody wants me I'll be twiddling my thumbs at work.....:pac:

If anybody wants me I'll be twiddling my thumbs at work.....:pac:
    I feel like I just drank a bottle of dreamy sleepy nighty snoozey snooze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Jaysis that Nespresso shop on Duke Street is the dogs bollox!

Slattsy wrote: »
    Aren't they a bit much for a coffee shop though?

Don't get me wrong, the nespresso section in BT in Cork is nice and the staff are lovely but when I went there I was asked loads of questions and it was kinda off putting

'Welcome to the nespresso club D'Agger'

Cool, now shut up and give me 5 boxes of the black pods there please :pac:

• Advertisement

I thought it was class. Had about 4 espressos.
    The shop is cool. Coffee is so hipster now they may aswell make the pods out of gold and it'll sell!

Been buying whole beans lately and using the French press a lot the past 2 months. Great for the weekend or if people are over but really missed that quick shot in the morning before work.

I thought it was class. Had about 4 espressos.
    The shop is cool. Coffee is so hipster now they may aswell make the pods out of gold and it'll sell!

Been buying whole beans lately and using the French press a lot the past 2 months. Great for the weekend or if people are over but really missed that quick shot in the morning before work.
    They are quite cool but very hipsterish....or just OTT for what is effectively where I go for my coffee, I'm just a simple Kerryman I guess! :D

Found myself using the nespresso alot this week having a few days off from work, very handy for a quick cuppa in the morning too I have to say, the things ready to go nigh on immediately after turning it on & the coffee is so much nicer than the Philips senseo I had beofore

I'd urge anyone with a liking for coffee to buy fresh grounds and use a French press.

Mmmm coffee.... not now.

And it's time to enjoy House of Cards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I love them as well I don't know why. However if we're in a rush I'd always go into BT as I find its faster to get my capsules and get out.

Now if only they'd open one in Limerick or at least sell the capsules in BT Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I watched the rugby with the aul fella today. Saw that BBC was on instead of RTE. What's this, I thought.

"I wanna see what the English fellas are saying" says he.

"Keeping an eye on Britain, eh? Good man" says I.

We can all sleep easy in our beds tonight, knowing that the aul fella has our backs. And of course, Ireland won. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Morning all. How were the weekends? Little fella has his first birthday tomorrow so we had a small party on Saturday. Otherwise I did two 5km runs and started on House of Cards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Morning all. How were the weekends? Little fella has his first birthday tomorrow so we had a small party on Saturday. Otherwise I did two 5km runs and started on House of Cards.

I watched the rugby with the aul fella today. Saw that BBC was on instead of RTE. What's this, I thought.

"I wanna see what the English fellas are saying" says he.

"Keeping an eye on Britain, eh? Good man" says I.

We can all sleep easy in our beds tonight, knowing that the aul fella has our backs. And of course, Ireland won. :pac:

Better commentary from the BBC anyway I always find, Ryle and his over enthusiasm can be quite annoying at times
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Proud pappa PR! :) Hope you'd a good time!

Hoping to hit the gym tonight and start back on the hard road for the next 6 weeks. Should be okay to go back to football Friday...maybe Wednesday, I'll see how it goes. Either way, looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Better commentary from the BBC anyway I always find, Ryle and his over enthusiasm can be quite annoying at times

Tommy BoooooOOOOWWWE!!! :D

Had a quiet weekend myself and watched 5 episodes already. No binge at all.

And it's happening, I'll be on the move again in May. Looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I agree, although some of mates think it a cardinal sin to watch the game on BBC.

@PR, enjoy, Sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Anyone else take a snow day today? Roads here (in Nenagh) were shocking this morning, not a hope I was risking the well-being of myself or the new car on them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Going on my first ever long haul flight in a few weeks. Any advice anyone?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Don't sit too close to the toilet....poooh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Going on my first ever long haul flight in a few weeks. Any advice anyone?

How long haul are we talking here?

11 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

11 hours.

Every 2 and a half hours, get up and walk around the cabin for a bit. Helps your circulation, especially in your legs.

Most flights now have an absolutely excellent selection of films/tv-shows. Both classics and new releases. Indulge like f*ck.

Avoid alcohol. It will dehydrate you. Stick to water and/or soft drinks. Stay hydrated. Ditto for coffee.

Chewing gum to keep the ears from popping.

Bring a hugely brilliant book. Gives you a nice break from films or is essential if films are not your thing.

Bring an Mp3 player or similar and have it fully charged and music can really help with the boredom of the flight too.

Bring fruit with you as well. Apples and bananas. Great source of fructose and hydration and are all natural.

Enjoy your flight.

Thank you for flying today with Cunni-Lingus, the airline that feels best when we're going down. ;)

That's brilliant, ta!!

Excellent advice Jase!

Had an 8 hour flight lately - Aer Lingus had a great selection of movies but next time I think I'll put a few seasons of a show on a tablet as time seems to melt away moreso watching a series I find. Also, if you're picking a movie on the flight - don't base your choice on the length of the movie....like good 'ole D'Agger here did

3 hours of Transformers 4 made that 8 hour flight seem longer, Watched Zodiac and Full Metal Jacket on the way back - and the flight was over before I knew it! :)

Also, happy hump day y'all

Excellent advice Jase!

Had an 8 hour flight lately - Aer Lingus had a great selection of movies but next time I think I'll put a few seasons of a show on a tablet as time seems to melt away moreso watching a series I find. Also, if you're picking a movie on the flight - don't base your choice on the length of the movie....like good 'ole D'Agger here did

3 hours of Transformers 4 made that 8 hour flight seem longer, Watched Zodiac and Full Metal Jacket on the way back - and the flight was over before I knew it! :)

Are there screens on the backs of the seats then? I'm flying with the Germans. Need to maybe get a new bag and sort out a few other odds and ends as well.

Hump day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Excellent advice Jase!

Its mad how that film causes that. I remember being about half way through it and feeling like id watched a few full series

Depends on the airline. Some of the older planes have shared screens so you will only get a kids movie (Delta to Atlantic - worst flight ever) whereas the more modern planes have the full entertainment system.

hump day = Wednesday. Get with the lingo ;)

I inferred hump in it's other meaning.

Its mad how that film causes that. I remember being about half way through it and feeling like id watched a few full series

My dad interrupted me during the flight to ask me a question, said 'sorry to interrupt'

I replied, 'No hassle, this thing's nearly finished anyway' as I paused it

There was 55mins left....

Pathetic movie, and the sooner Michael Bay is stopped from making movies, the better. Guy's an asshole :mad:
    I inferred hump in it's other meaning.

Course you did you durty animal :pac:

I remember growing up seeing action films being marketed as being "action-packed". Michael Bay has somehow managed to make massive robots blowing each other up as exciting as an episode of Emmerdale.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Michael Bay - bad.
    Travel - good.

I thought some airport security checkpoints frown on fruit, etc. At least, Dublin's US emigration seem to as their Department of Agriculture don't want ye importing stuff.

Michael Bay - bad.
    Travel - good.

I thought some airport security checkpoints frown on fruit, etc. At least, Dublin's US emigration seem to as their Department of Agriculture don't want ye importing stuff.
    The yanks could benefit from the introduction of pink lady apples....smuggle those

My dentist warned me off the pink ladies. Really bad for your teeth apparently. Similarly oranges.

Afternoon all. Mental morning but going karting after work :)

My dentist warned me off the pink ladies. Really bad for your teeth apparently. Similarly oranges.

Afternoon all. Mental morning but going karting after work :)

Oranges are basically the only fruit that I actually like!

• Advertisement

No oranges? You're killing me now

Advertisement