Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Tell the dentist to fúckin' do one - everything in moderation, same with everything else

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Sunday morning naps are the best

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Thinking of buying a rucksack for Ryanair flights and for this trip. I'd no idea they were so expensive!!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Sunday morning naps are the best

Had an unreal hour long power nap at 6pm yesterday, the weekend had me bate!
    Thinking of buying a rucksack for Ryanair flights and for this trip. I'd no idea they were so expensive!!

I really want a Jasper Conran holdall bag from Debenhams with the last while but if you look at the price here you'll see why I'm holding off

Have a one4all card that'd cover it but I think I could maybe put it to better use.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

D'Agger wrote: »
    I really want a Jasper Conran holdall bag from Debenhams with the last while but if you look at the price here you'll see why I'm holding off

Have a one4all card that'd cover it but I think I could maybe put it to better use.

Is it made of adamantium or something? Much better ways to spend that card, I agree.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's a luxury purchase and I don't normally allow myself to get them, I like practical things that I can use and will last me

That said, there are worse investments than a leather travel bag. Comparing it to other leather holdalls, it has sidepockets which you don't normally get and the zip is double sided. Got a leather washbag in Vegas so I think getting this would leave me with two long lasting pieces of travel apparel.

Also, it's very classy looking :)

But yes, I'm still thinking it through, need to upgrade my PC at some point so that might be a wiser investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Hmm I have an Adidas one and I've used it for traveling for years now. And still in good nick.

No designer :pac:

Barna77 wrote: »
    Hmm I have an Adidas one and I've used it for traveling for years now. And still in good nick.

No designer :pac:
    I've an aul over the shoulder golf bag that's perfect with regard to size, comfortable shoulder strap, side pockets etc. but it's getting tattered at this stage

I've an aul over the shoulder golf bag that's perfect with regard to size, comfortabel shoulder strap, side pockets etc. but it's getting tattered at this stage

Same as mine. The mother works in a pharmacy and got it free there. Worth about €7 and it's last the best part of a decade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've one of these, which I've used for camping, etc, in the expectation it might have to take a bit of abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How are the men?

Settling into the new job now, and enjoying it so far. Have a fair bit to try and get to terms with, but I feel I'll manage it quickly enough.

Any news?

Knex. wrote: »
    How are the men?

Settling into the new job now, and enjoying it so far. Have a fair bit to try and get to terms with, but I feel I'll manage it quickly enough.

Any news?
    Nice one Knex ked, welcome to the working world :D

6months to settle I always say, then 6 months to a year to decide if you're happy or not :pac:

Nice one Knex ked, welcome to the working world :D

6months to settle I always say, then 6 months to a year to decide if you're happy or not :pac:

That was literally how my last job in Dublin staged out :pac:

You wise man, D'Aggs.

That was literally how my last job in Dublin staged out :pac:

You wise man, D'Aggs.
    Yeah I'm glad to be settled now but it really does take 6 months to get everything figured out and into a routine!

If my routine of coming into work and having a second breakfast at half 10 was to be interrupted or god forbid, forbidden, then I'd be on recruit Ireland in the drop of a hat :D I loves me porridge/granola

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I saw a bus poster for a new Liam Neeson film today. I think it's going to be a while before there's a poster where he isn't carrying a gun.

There was a time when I would have disagreed with this but you're bang on the money.

I've had about 2 weeks worth of work to do since the start of January so I've been bored out of my skull. The only guy who was taking the study participants' blood pressure has left causing everything to grind to a halt.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I saw a bus poster for a new Liam Neeson film today. I think it's going to be a while before there's a poster where he isn't carrying a gun.

Not if the American gun lobby has it's way. Some people aren't too happy with him for bashing their ownership laws. There were cries for manufacturers to withhold their guns from any films involving him.

Yeah, some Americans wrote him a letter about being afraid to visit Europe. The gun debate gets very polarised.

Snow gone, Kev?

There was a time when I would have disagreed with this but you're bang on the money.

I've had about 2 weeks worth of work to do since the start of January so I've been bored out of my skull. The only guy who was taking the study participants' blood pressure has left causing everything to grind to a halt.

No wonder these streets have been so clean!

Did pull ups in the gym on Saturday and my arms are still hanging off me, thankfully it's a beautiful day down in Cork, who doesn't love a good monsoon every now and again :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yeah, some Americans wrote him a letter about being afraid to visit Europe. The gun debate gets very polarised.

The films Taken really showed Europe in a bad light. It made Paris look like a death sentence for anyone stupid enough to travel there

• Advertisement

I'm in the UK 4 years today exactly. Time flies.

The films Taken really showed Europe in a bad light. It made Paris look like a death sentence for anyone stupid enough to travel there

Yeah I'm fairly certain Albanians weren't happy with their portrayal as dirty sex trafficers in it. That said, if you're taking the movie Taken seriously then that's half your problem right there :pac:
    I'm in the UK 4 years today exactly. Time flies.

Which part of the UK are you in ACD? Enjoying it, miss home or both?

Hove I am guessing from the location description under his name :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

I'm not bitter or twisted or anything. But I'm just de-f*cking-lighted that Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams have gotten done over their plagiarism of "Got To Give It Up" by Marvin Gaye.

F*ck them and their ill-fitting rhymes and nonsensical songs, to be honest. Stick that one in your pipe and blur it. :P

I'm in Brighton & Hove at the moment. I moved to Oxford initially, then up to Manchester and finally down here in January 2014. On the whole, I do like it. There are things I miss about being back home though, mainly friends.

Snow gone, Kev?

Yep, t'was only the one morning, thankfully.

Anyone have any plans for the weekend/Paddy's Day?

Hove I am guessing from the location description under his name :pac:

Ah here that'd take powers of observation and I don't need them now I'm no longer a mod :pac:

I'm in Brighton & Hove at the moment. I moved to Oxford initially, then up to Manchester and finally down here in January 2014. On the whole, I do like it. There are things I miss about being back home though, mainly friends.

Ah nice one, Manchester is supposed to be good spot to live in, know nothing of Brighton & Hove other than their not a bad aul football team and Carlos Texeira is on loan from Liverpool there :)

Friends & a good aul fry up would be my issues.....the fries probably being on top, you can skype friends....you can't skype a fry up :pac:

Were you a mod?

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Anyone have any plans for the weekend/Paddy's Day?
    A friend is coming on Friday, for the whole week. It's going to be mental....

• Advertisement

Were you a mod?
    Not really, more of a sheriff see

Happy Friday! :D

Don't forget mothers day on Sunday gents :D

Posted my card earlier this week.

Happy St.Patricks day y'all :)

Everybody alive?

• Advertisement

Hump day feels like Monday. Should be a day off mid week every week.

Hump day feels like Monday. Should be a day off mid week every week.
    I'd prefer a daily siesta tbh

I'd prefer a daily siesta tbh

God now. I'd never recover and be able to function and be productive after it each day.

Wednesday off is a great idea. Or even a half day.

I've been drinking non stop since Friday, called it an early night yesterday. I think I'm actually happy to be working today. Liver -and wallet- needed a break

God now. I'd never recover and be able to function and be productive after it each day.

Wednesday off is a great idea. Or even a half day.

Don't be so weak Knex :pac:

A daily nap would be epic...I've always said that if I owned my own company I'd have a nap room with a couple of hammocks & bean bags, I'd come to work an hour earlier if I could take a mid afternoon nap
    Barna77 wrote: »
    I've been drinking non stop since Friday, called it an early night yesterday. I think I'm actually happy to be working today. Liver -and wallet- needed a break

Yeah but surely you have a sore soul today? aka the fear

I'm halfway through season 5 of Oz....going to have to fill the void when it's done and yet for the life of me, I can't get into House of Cards - there's something about it that doesn't keep me going back

• Advertisement

Latest series of House of cards has been an epic disappointment. Time to start the Sopranos.

Yeah but surely you have a sore soul today? aka the fear
    The hangover is kicking in :(

I have to catch up on HoC, Better call Saul and TWD. That will be my Sunday recovery treatment.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah, the new season of HoC wasn't up to much.

I can't get into season 2, watched the first 3 episodes but haven't gone back to it in well over a month...just not drawing me back

Lufthansa have just cancelled my flight tomorrow.

That's a balls. Pilots on strike, something like that?

Basically. Now I've to pray I don't loose too much of my holiday while sorting a different flight. German punctuality my rectum.

Now arriving a day later. Ruddy unions.

Paddy's celebrations continue, north of the border

And flights delayed on cancelled suck

Now arriving a day later. Ruddy unions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement