Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The card game?

There is a new forum here that is doing games. Looks like a bit of fun so I signed up.
    There are free spots if anyone wants to be super nerdy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I am none the wiser after reading a couple of threads on there. I have no idea what that is about.

Werewolf is a card game where there are two or three teams, everyone gets a role and tries to figure out who the Werewolves are.

Werewolf is a card game where there are two or three teams, everyone gets a role and tries to figure out who the Werewolves are.

Yeah that is it but it is transferred to an online format. Not 100% on the ins and outs but you essentially try to throw suspicion away from yourself while trying to figure out who is who. There is a lynching every evening by the villagers and a werewolf kill every night with other nuances which I don't really understand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I am none the wiser after reading a couple of threads on there. I have no idea what that is about.

Playing dumb eh? Classic Werewolf behaviour
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Yeah that is it but it is transferred to an online format. Not 100% on the ins and outs but you essentially try to throw suspicion away from yourself while trying to figure out who is who. There is a lynching every evening by the villagers and a werewolf kill every night with other nuances which I don't really understand :)

Could there be a situation where the villagers lynch a wolf, only to find out they've lynched a genuine villager. Extra shame points for that.

I'm not making light of the game btw seems interesting but never know how they function / originally get going without being heavily driven.

:D

Oh I see. Sounds fun but I don't think I'd be reliable enough to check in regularly.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Could there be a situation where the villagers lynch a wolf, only to find out they've lynched a genuine villager. Extra shame points for that.

I'm not making light of the game btw seems interesting but never know how they function / originally get going without being heavily driven.

Villagers seem to be lynched regularly enough :)
    There are extra nuances that are different in each game.

It wouldn't be realistic without cruel injustice :)

How's everybody as we head for December then? Christmas shopping to get knocked out of the park next week while the wages are in.

Oh....other big news from a Gentlemens POV - Bought my first bottle of Creed aftershave the other day. Green Irish Tweed, got a 75ml bottle so hoping it'll last ages, only going to wear it when attempting to make an impression....which is rarely :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Misread and thought you said you bought your first kettle. :o

Misread and thought you said you bought your first kettle. :o
    No that monumental purchase happened a few years back - went for a see through one and it still entertains me

All.The.Bubbles.

• Advertisement

went for a see through one and it still entertains me

All.The.Bubbles.

Do you have a TV?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,913 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

On the way back from the flicks there, there was a broken bottle all over the floor of the bus. Shard of glass inches long sticking up from the floor. I'd no idea 'til I sat down but it could have went through my foot.

I hate London.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

On the way back from the flicks there, .
    Wizard movie?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,913 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Wizard movie?

Allied.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Allied.

Any good?

mzungu wrote: »
    Any good?

Decent enough. A bit underwhelming. I thought Doctor Strange was a lot better.

Do you have a TV?

I do yeah, I make tea before I use it for Chromecasting stuff :)

Tonight is the night.
    Sopranos season 1 episode 1.
    Expectations are high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Tonight is the night.
    Sopranos season 1 episode 1.
    Expectations are high.

Im very, very jealous tbh.

• Advertisement

3% on netflix seems like a good show after watching the first 2 episodes.

I watched the first season but never came back to it after that. Must give it another go.

Westworld turned it all the way up to 11 with episode 9 that's all I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Jetlag I hate you

Serves you right for travelling off this beautiful isle Barna :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

It was worth it :D

• Advertisement

Morning all. This thread has gone very quiet!

Highly recommend the Canaries at this time of year. 23 degrees in December is a nice break.

Myself and Mrs RM were in New York for 4 nights, last week.

My first time there.

Amazing place, will definitely go back.

In this morning for 24 week scan.

All good in the hood, nugget is kicking away and everything is as it should be thank god.

I have been to the US 7 or 8 times but I never managed to get to NYC.

I have been to the US 7 or 8 times but I never managed to get to NYC.

There is just so much to do and see.

Highpoint for me was a bus tour around Harlem.

We met Franco the Great (check out his stuff online, brilliant artist and still going at 84) then went to a gospel mass.

It was unlike anything I've ever experienced, just pure joy and happiness, it would do your heart good.

That was followed by a soul food lunch in The Cotton Club then a performance by an elderly lady singing gospel and soul songs for an hour, it was indescribable.

Morning all. This thread has gone very quiet!

Highly recommend the Canaries at this time of year. 23 degrees in December is a nice break.

Went to Tenerife in October and got burned to shít, had a blast though, highly recommend!

How's everybody shaping up for the Christmas, any TGC festive cocktails worth trying? Twists on common classics like the Irish coffee etc?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

3% on netflix seems like a good show after watching the first 2 episodes.

Just finished the first series, dips terribly for one episode but then picks up again afterwards. There are some fantastic shows on Netflix when you go digging, Babylon being a recent favourite, among others. Incredible amount of dross too, but the either the standard is improving or my luck at finding stuff is.

How's everybody shaping up for the Christmas, any TGC festive cocktails worth trying? Twists on common classics like the Irish coffee etc?

Started into the Christmas batch of homemade cider last night; smooth, dry and pretty strong. For a long drink, current favourite is lime, green apple, gin, tabasco and lots of ice. God bless the nutribullet and healthy living ;)

smacl wrote: »
    Started into the Christmas batch of homemade cider last night; smooth, dry and pretty strong. For a long drink, current favourite is lime, green apple, gin, tabasco and lots of ice. God bless the nutribullet and healthy living ;)

Sounds refreshing! I won a bottle of baileys so going to hoof into that Christmas day after dinner, although I'm enjoying the vino of late, the aul wine fuziness is great in the cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm well stocked here, expecting a crowd for dinner on Christmas Day.

Bought some Redbreast for myself, never had it before but heard nothing but good things.

My homebrew dark ale has shaped up well. Bottled it about 3 to 4 weeks ago but tasted it about a week and a half ago and it tasted a bit young. Moved it from that room to a warmer area and it has sorted itself out well.

Had many different whiskys from many different countries in my time. Including many whisky tasting evenings and whisky festivals.

And I always end up coming back to Red Breast for whatever reasons. It is by a long way my fave.

Do not even have to drink it to enjoy it. Sometimes just cup my hands over the top of the glass and place my nose in and inhale the smells and aromas and I feel relaxed and "home" regardless of where I actually am.

Happy Xmas folks.

Hope everybody had a good Christmas

The food was delicious, the mother outdid herself with the baileys cheesecake this year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Howye gents. Allahu Akbar and whatever you're having yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Tired. But that's what comes from a new position at work, I guess. :pac: I'm a trainer now, although I haven't officially done any training yet. I also own a motorbike now, cause why not. :P

How about you, TBO, any craic?

Nice. What bike?
    Had 2 stints as a biker in my life. A 3rd has not been ruled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Stigura

Christ, I'm f**king bored! I'm sure the internet used to be fun and interesting :(

Kev.OC wrote: »
    How about you, TBO, any craic?

Went to see Cirque du Soleil the other night. Very impressive, I must say. Wouldn't be into shows much and virtually knew nothing about it before hand. Such a very fine margin for error with acrobatic stuff, yet it was flawless.

How's the bike?

Nice. What bike?
    Had 2 stints as a biker in my life. A 3rd has not been ruled out.

2002 Honda VFR800.

Regarding stint 3;

200_s.gif
    :P

Went to see Cirque du Soleil the other night. Very impressive, I must say. Wouldn't be into shows much and virtually knew nothing about it before hand. Such a very fine margin for error with acrobatic stuff, yet it was flawless.

How's the bike?

Yeah, I've caught pieces of it on TV over the years, and I'm not sure if that'd be my thing, but it is super impressive all the same.

She's heavier than my last one, substantially, but by God does she move! There is serious acceleration...up to the speed limit, of course, after that I wouldn't know... :pac:

I would love a Buell or a HD VRod

Did any of you watch Bagpuss when you were kids?

Did any of you watch Bagpuss when you were kids?

Watched but never loved. More into Rhubarb and Custard, and Willo' the Wisp but that's not today or yesterday either. Then came Captain Kremmen and cartoons got properly fun.

Watched but never loved. More into Rhubarb and Custard, and Willo' the Wisp but that's not today or yesterday either. Then came Captain Kremmen and cartoons got properly fun.

I don't know any of those. You're probably a few years younger.

Been watching Bagpuss with my little boy. He is loving it while I am getting pangs of nostalgia. Only 13 eposodes were made surprisingly.

Camberwick Green is next on the list.

I don't know any of those. You're probably a few years younger.

Been watching Bagpuss with my little boy. He is loving it while I am getting pangs of nostalgia. Only 13 eposodes were made surprisingly.

Camberwick Green is next on the list.

Maybe a year or two younger but not much, 51 in a couple of days myself. Could never tell the difference between Camberwick Green and Chigley. I suspect the were both suburbs of Trumpton ;) More into the serious stuff like Doctor Who. Really enjoying the various new series with the kids. Oh, and Jackanory, loved Jackanory.

...Bagpuss...
    ...Rhubarb and Custard, and Willo' the Wisp...Captain Kremmen...
    ...Camberwick Green...

I have never heard of a single one of those. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Stigura

Bagpuss? F**k me, I was on Pussycat Willum and Lennie The Lion! (Black and white TV. Big, clunky wheel on it. Programmes only came on a couple of times a day)

Looking back, Lennie cracks me up. He was a ventriloquists dummy. Only, the bloke was so f**king bad at it, we kids never really got it. We just accepted that it was some bloke talking to the lion ~ then answering for him! LOL-1.gif

Advertisement