Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBMC skin?

• 02-01-2014 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭

Whats everyone using, im still on aeon nox, ostensibly because the icon based menu versus text looks better to my eyes, but its a bit dark and moody.

Anyone got any recommendations for another good skin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Cyrus wrote: »
    Whats everyone using, im still on aeon nox, ostensibly because the icon based menu versus text looks better to my eyes, but its a bit dark and moody.

Anyone got any recommendations for another good skin?

Change the colour and make it brighter :)

I've tried many but always come back to Aeon Nox as it's the most customisable. Check out the GIT version which is a more featuresome version (has one or two bugs though, was never finished), there are lots of mods for it on the XBMC forum, like colored media flags, rotating extra fanart, modified views etc
    https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox
    http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=142

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

I used Transparency! for years and recently changed to Neon. I've never liked the Aeon skins, they always seem so promising until I mess around with them and little things always put me off, the limited support for TV show banners for example.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Aeon MQ 5, nice and sexy and LOTS of customisation possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Ive tried all the skins out there and settled on one to use on our different xbmc setups around the house...

Quartz... mainly because its very kid/wife/mother in law/user friendly, anyone can pickup the remote and find what they want to view in seconds without all the bells and whistles of other skins.

It may not be the flashiest skin and is a ripoff of the apple tv user interface to some extent, but it is a low resource hog on older pcs and the raspberry pi and it just works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Using Aeon MQ 5 myself for the last few months, don't see myself going back to Aeon Nox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

seklly wrote: »
    Using Aeon MQ 5 myself for the last few months, don't see myself going back to Aeon Nox

What's your set up in mq5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Was happy enough with Aeon NOx but must admit Mq5 looks nice.

Contemplated switching/trying it out earlier but not sure whether I could be bothered doing it now and then redoing when Gotham is out.

Anyone using it with a stable pre-release Gotham?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Cyrus wrote: »
    What's your set up in mq5?

Pretty standard at the moment, also have a MY MENU section on the home screen which contains icons for the apps I use, YouTube, TED Talks etc.

Advertisement