Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Routes from Cork to Nottingham or Leeds?

Options
  • 02-01-2014 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Can anyone help me on routes I could use to get to Nottingham or Leeds from Cork City?
    Would appreciate any help cause I don't have a clue.
    Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Cork to East Midlands tomorrow 8.30 would do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

Yep cork to EMA is your best bet and a bus from airport to Nottingham for only a few bob. Info on EMA airport website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

In the UK I prefer the train to the bus - but I don't know which would be faster for you.

UK Rail journey planner.

Birmingham Airport rail station is "B'ham international" You probably need to change in B'ham New St. to get to N'ham or Leeds.
    Rush hour ticket prices, before 10am, can be expensive. May be cheaper to pre-book.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

local bus from airport about 1 pound

nice countyside

Rainbow 5 linking Nottingham to Loughborough

that was east midlands,theres a tourist desk that will print out local bus time
    the journey does not take long

http://www.stapleford-notts.co.uk/bus_timetables_stapleford_beeston_ilkeston_long_eaton_derby_nottingham_bus_timetables.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

OP, you should fly straight to Nottingham East Mids Airport from Cork. A return flight with Ryanair is generally no more than €50-60. The Skylink bus goes every half hour from outside the airport terminal, it's only £8 return and it takes you straight to the centre of Nottingham (Friar Lane near Market Square) in less than 30 minutes.

Where as if you fly to Birmingham, you'll need to take the train to Nottingham, changing at B'ham New Street. Which costs you £25 one way.

Flying to EMA and busing it Nottingham is a no brainer. I do it three times a year. I'd be paying a lot more in the end to fly to Birmingham, not to mention the longer journey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement