Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 Filming Starts on Jan 6th

• 02-01-2014 10:29am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So filming to begin this Monday January 6th.

Pretty much guaranteed a leaked shot of the new costume by lunchtime.

Hopefully we get an official pic before then and not a blurry camera phone one.

Thoughts for the new season?

Rumors of The Master returning and that the actor has just been cast

Talk of one of Clara's colleagues joining the TARDIS crew.
    It would be lovely to have a season of 2 teachers from Coal Hill school traveling with an older doctor like we had in the beginning

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd very much like all of that. Moffat Master sounds pretty awesome to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

I think James Nesbit would make an interesting master (have a look at his role in jekyll)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bazkennedy wrote: »
    I think James Nesbit would make an interesting master (have a look at his role in jekyll)

Oh god no.

I only watched that recently. Face meltingly awful. :pac:

I heard that rumour about the second teacher. I approve.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Master wrote: »
    Talk of one of Clara's colleagues joining the TARDIS crew.
    It would be lovely to have a season of 2 teachers from Coal Hill school traveling with an older doctor like we had in the beginning

Rumour and mutterings suggest that we've already met this potential second teacher; that he's the one, in the 50th anniversary story, who goes into Clara's classroom, to let her know she has a message from her Doctor.

As for the costume, I suspect the BBC will make an official announcement and photo release of the new Doc posing in his threads in and around the time of the first exterior shoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

This I would like very much, plus it would be a nice homage from the first of the next 13 to the first of the original 13.

Not very excited by the rumour about Episodes 1 and 2 here (*yawn*): http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-8-2014-what-we-know-52507.htm. I do like the notion that "it's time for the old beast to snarl at you for a bit", though, and am really looking forward to seeing what Capaldi does with the role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

I would have liked to Simm do a little more as The Master against a different Doctor to 10.

But if not it would be nice to at least get a regeneration scene, I think Simm said he would be up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Rumors of The Master returning and that the actor has just been cast
    Why are you speaking about yourself in the third person?
    When do you start filming? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

flazio wrote: »
    Why are you speaking about yourself in the third person?
    When do you start filming? :D

Confirmation that filming has begun this morning :D

Really hope the beeb put out an official pic soon and it's not another newspaper shot like when Matt's costume was revealed

EDIT - current filming location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Confirmation that filming has begun this morning :D

Really hope the beeb put out an official pic soon and it's not another newspaper shot like when Matt's costume was revealed

EDIT - current filming location

If you magnify in really close you can see Peter Capaldi having a sneaky fag behind the portaloo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Strax, Jenny and Madame Vastra all spotted on set today filming so defo a Victorian era episode to come, plenty of pics on twitter already

• Advertisement

Doctor Who Official @bbcdoctorwho

Filming has started on the new series of #DoctorWho! Full story and exclusive first pic of the new Doctor very soon… http://t.co/Yg74PDSQxE

Groovy!

287700.jpg

Still in Matt's costume, nothing new really.
    As with the other recent docs probably won't choose a costume till the end of episode 1

As I said in the OP I think the beeb have really missed a trick here
    This should have a been a proper high def pic of him in his new outfit
    I hope the reveal isn't spoiled by a blurry camera phone pic or an odd angled paparazzi shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Perhaps he's keeping the clothes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Just for most of his first episode, I'd bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Peter Jackson has said that discussions over him directing an episode were “getting serious”.
    Excellent. Maybe he'll visit Middle Earth :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Orion wrote: »
    Excellent. Maybe he'll visit Middle Earth :D

He was originally only supposed to do one episode, but now it's three one-hour specials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

flazio wrote: »
    Perhaps he's keeping the clothes?

Nah, no chance of that. Each Doctor has that ceremony of choosing their new outfit when we see them regenerate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

He was originally only supposed to do one episode, but now it's three one-hour specials.

I'll wait for the extended editions with the 12 extra minutes of sonic screwdriver swashbuckling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Here's more info on the new Doc:
    "New job, first day, slightly nervous…"
    from DigitalSpy

• Advertisement

Some shots from Ep 1

288757.jpg
    288758.jpg
    288759.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given we know the first episode to be set in Victorian times, I wonder if perhaps that'll sway the costume choice of Capaldi's Doc? His last incarnation wore what he found in a locker room from a modern-day hospital, so perhaps! It'd certainly continue the trend of Doc number ... uh, whatever number he is... being a more traditional one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Here's a Youtube clip, spoiler free!

Ah, the glamour of working in TV, eh? :)

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    Given we know the first episode to be set in Victorian times, I wonder if perhaps that'll sway the costume choice of Capaldi's Doc? His last incarnation wore what he found in a locker room from a modern-day hospital, so perhaps! It'd certainly continue the trend of Doc number ... uh, whatever number he is... being a more traditional one.

I doubt it'll be too Victorian. Smith's last costume (since he met Clara) was very Victorian. Chances are they'll go for something different this time.

I doubt it'll be too Victorian. Smith's last costume (since he met Clara) was very Victorian. Chances are they'll go for something different this time.

True enough, didn't think of Smith's last costume - in my mind he'll always be in that tweed jacket, too-short-trousers-with-braces combo :)

I tell ye what though, only Doctor Who can make me excited about a flippin' wardrobe choice.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Maybe he'll just go around in various types of jammies. :pac:

Can't wait for him in a batman onesie.

Pedantic nerd alert

New logo that has turned up on some of the toys being shown around

290005.jpg

As opposed to the old/current one

290007.jpg

The H is now slanted!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Less serify also. <conspiracy>Which must mean we've seen the last of the weeping angels. </conspiracy>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looks a bit more "old school" to me :)

Advertisement