Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 Filming Starts on Jan 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Not sure if it should be spoilered and i don't know how to spoiler images so don't click if you don't want to see - but its here! The new costume.

Love the coat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I say good luck to anyone who thinks they can avoid seeing the Doctor's new garments between now and autumn; I think it's fair enough to post images.

It's a damn fine coat all right, very classy & refined look all round, especially the collar by the looks of things; although the refinement is somewhat ruined by the silly pose :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

At least he's not waving the feckin screwdriver around. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wibbs wrote: »

...yet; I'm sure there's a version out there with him brandishing his new screwdriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Wibbs wrote: »

Or doing that odd hand pose thing that he did before.

Love the new suit. Anyone else reminded of Jon Pertwee thanks to that flash of the lining?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Love the new suit. Anyone else reminded of Jon Pertwee thanks to that flash of the lining?
    Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

3rd Doctor was the first thought that came to me when I saw the outfit. Should be interesting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

*sits waiting for the next guy to do a Tom Baker* :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

BBC link to article.
    A bit, stage magician - looking for a rabbit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Don't like it :P

Looks exactly like something Smith would have worn
    If fact re-colour the post regeneration Capaldi action figure and you're sorted

But the man is more important than the clothes, roll on EP01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Manach wrote: »
    BBC link to article.
    A bit, stage magician - looking for a rabbit.
    Commenting on his outfit, Capaldi said: "He's woven the future from the cloth of the past. Simple, stark, and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100% Rebel Time Lord."

Is it wrong that that quote made me shiver just a little bit? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

New outfit in action, no spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭T-Bird

The Master wrote: »

The middle pic 5th row down on 1st page :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

In the first three rows on page one, Capaldi looks like he's going to rip someone's face off!

In a few pics on page two, he looks like he's singing into an invisible mic, as one would do in the shower. :)

Jenna Coleman just looks magnificent, as usual. What a hottie.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Is that his own wedding ring that Capaldi is wearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Looks like Dracula.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Right, so I'm off to Cardiff for a couple of days next week, what are my chances of finding a location shoot in progress? :)

Seriously, though, I'm probably going to head to the Doctor Who Experience, anyone been to it/is it worth a look? I can't pass up a chance to get close to a dalek or two!

follow #dwsr on twitter for the latest location sightings

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

Like the new outfit. As an aside, kinda wished Matt had kept the tweed throughout... he wasn't in the second one long enough to restablish it has his own imo... like it would have been more of an impact to see Capaldi stagger around in the tweed one post regeneration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

blastman wrote: »
    Right, so I'm off to Cardiff for a couple of days next week, what are my chances of finding a location shoot in progress? :)

Seriously, though, I'm probably going to head to the Doctor Who Experience, anyone been to it/is it worth a look? I can't pass up a chance to get close to a dalek or two!

I'd definitely go to the Doctor Who Experience. I went with my wife a couple of years ago. Just like the show, it's kinda aimed at kids, but has more than enough for adult fans as well. My wife was delighted that she got to 'fly' the Tardis! :) Well worth it...

J.

• Advertisement

Two new alt versions of the new costume in action

Dark Shirt

299207.jpg

Hole-y jumper

299208.jpg

They're certainly getting use out of that orange spacesuit; that must be the umpteenth time it has been dragged out from the TARDIS cupboards!

Capaldi spotted using a sonic
    Looks to be the same one Matt used
    Darn no new toy this year

300080.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Master wrote: »
    Capaldi spotted using a sonic
    Looks to be the same one Matt used
    Darn no new toy this year

300080.jpg

I'm sure it'll get destroyed in an interesting way in the first episode :)

I'm sure it'll get destroyed in an interesting way in the first episode :)

They're currently filming ep 3 and 6, that's when the pic was taken
    I need new toys god damn it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ben Miller to play the villian in Gatiss-penned episode.
    According to lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffatt, Miller will play a “storming villain”. He added: “With Capaldi in the TARDIS, we knew we needed somebody special to send everybody behind the sofa."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I read a tiny snippet of dialogue a few weeks ago. I think I'm going to be very happy with Doctor 12.

:)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I read a tiny snippet of dialogue a few weeks ago. I think I'm going to be very happy with Doctor 12.

:)
    Oh? intriguing! Do tell, what was it that made it particular?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh? intriguing! Do tell, what was it that made it particular?

I read it on my phone and now, as usual I can't find it in a search. Flip. It was from one of the fans that follow them around and they'd filmed a bit from afar. General gist to follow:
    He was being very rude to someone. Asking if their face always looked like that or summat.

I love Capaldi anyway, ever since I first clapped eyes on him godknowswhen, so I'm predisposed to liking his Doctor. Is it August yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I love Capaldi anyway, ever since I first clapped eyes on him godknowswhen, so I'm predisposed to liking his Doctor. Is it August yet?

He's the kind of actor that even though you think you won't be able to get Malcolm Tucker out of your head, he'll demolish that within the first episode.

Advertisement