Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 Filming Starts on Jan 6th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The BBC have released the first teaser trailer for season 8, and it's the most ludicrous example of the format I've ever seen. It's barely worth posting but sure what the hey, it's embedded below. A single shot in shadow :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

pixelburp wrote: »
    The BBC have released the first teaser trailer for season 8, and it's the most ludicrous example of the format I've ever seen. It's barely worth posting but sure what the hey, it's embedded below. A single shot in shadow :rolleyes:

Just saw this a few minutes ago. Disappointed with it, waste of a video.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

tumblr_n61j8cBFKq1tobi0to1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

This a fan made video but I thought it looked good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Great shot of Capaldi and the TARDIS

309417.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

They are getting some great mileage out of that space suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For anyone who has played the (excellent and genuinely hilarious) PC game 'The Stanley Parable', they might be intrigued to know the Narrator from it, one Kevan Brighting has joined the cast for some vocal work. I hope his work involves the same sort of snarkiness he employed in the game.

Filming the final block of episodes at the moment

Definitely still using the old sonic

I'll let the picture speak for itself :D

312263.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A feature-length first episode called "Deep Breath"

• Advertisement

'feature-length', presumably meaning 80-90 minutes? Although according to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts, the term means anything over 40 minutes, so here's hoping it's more towards the hour and a half.

I am still a little worried about the idea of a spikier, more unlikeable Doctor. Feels like something that could go either way.

Spoilering this as I'm not sure if it's common knowledge or not
    Been known for a while but the new teaser is raising eyebrows

This is based on the whole thing of Clara not being sure of The Doctor anymore
    Matt Smith is in the first episode, he has a phone conversation with Clara and reassures her the stranger in the TARDIS is indeed him, rumour.. but in the time of the doctor he makes the call just before Clara enters the TARDIS just before the regeneration scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

another trailer

looks good! 7 weeks tomorrow

Anyone else think that sounded more like Davros than an actual Dalek? It'd be pretty sweet to see him finally return (maybe minus his creations)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    Anyone else think that sounded more like Davros than an actual Dalek? It'd be pretty sweet to see him finally return (maybe minus his creations)

Yeah it definitely sounded like Davros at the start then became more Dalek by the end.

Evolution of the Daleks Davros?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, that was my thought too Penn.

Well for comparisons sake, here's Davros' introduction from his sole appearance in the new series (thus far?), as played by Julian Bleach. This new voice definitely has that same raspy voice of Davros. Kinda excited now, as he was a pretty good villain, very underused.

‘Doctor Who’ Scripts Leak Online, BBC Begs Internet to Avoid Spoilers.
    The premiere episode and four others have surfaced online

BBC Worldwide made a plea on Monday for anyone who might have read five leaked “Doctor Who” scripts to “not share” them or any spoilers with fans.

No spoilers in link

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

God help anyone who spoils anything on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Charles Dance is The Master :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Charles Dance is The Master :eek:

Fan-made trailer. Looks very good in some places but shockingly poor in others (where the arrow hits the tree in front of him is laughably bad).

Take everything in that trailer with a huge dose of salt.

An unedited, B&W and CGI lite version of episode 1 has been leaked

So beware of spoilers folks!

I'd say Moffat is doing his head in at the moment
    Rumour is he was really pissed off at the entire plot for the Christmas special being leaked.
    Now the scripts and an entire episode have leaked...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm really hoping someone doesn't inadvertently spoil it for me, I'd understand Moffat being pissed about it.

Would I be alone in thinking anyone trying to post it here get a ban, or mod warning? Am too stoked about this new series to have it "ruined" by a substandard leak :(

Moffat and co must be absolutely raging about this..

Most of the major Dr.Who forums have issued a blanket ban on discussing the scripts and the episode
    They're both copyrighted material so I'd say usual boards rules should apply

It is very easy to find sadly it is up everywhere.

Just to the question of how long the running time it as a feature length episode it's 75 minutes.

I won't be watching.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

The Master wrote: »
    Most of the major Dr.Who forums have issued a blanket ban on discussing the scripts and the episode
    They're both copyrighted material so I'd say usual boards rules should apply
    Well offhand there are exceptions to the rights-holder of copyright, and one of those is a good faith discussion of the copyrighted material in question:
    ie cannot post ad-verbatum the texts, but can safely discuss the concepts behind them.

Something special on BBC1 at halftime in the World Cup Final tonight.

That will roughly be between 8;45pm and 9;00pm tonight!

First full trailer would be my guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Whelp, guess I'm watching BBC rather than RTE tonight.

• Advertisement

Into Darkness :eek:

Trailer.

Advertisement