Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 Filming Starts on Jan 6th

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hee hee. Looked awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

No question, I'm super excited - certainly can't wait to make my patented episode thread ;) - I still can't shake that slight apprehension that the new series will disappear too far down the 'darkness' tunnel; a brooding, tortured Capaldi sounds epic on paper, I'm just not yet sold on it being a good idea...

Still though, roll on August 23rd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

That trailer looked amazing! I don't like wishing my summer away but 6 weeks and counting!!!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Has anyone watched the un-edited leak of the first 2 episode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Oh my god, I'm so excited! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Just a gentle reminder from the forum charter thread ;)
    SPOILERS

*yoinked from the TV forum*

1. If a thread title has the word "Spoilers" in it, then it is OK to discuss the most recent episode (or older) without using [ spoiler ] tags.

2. If you have news about a future episode (from spoilerfix, ausiello etc.), then most people don't want to know (no, really - they prefer to be surprised by major plot developments and twists).

3. If you feel it should be posted anyway, please use [ spoiler ] tags (to give people the option of reading them or not). Also contextualise the spoiler by saying what it's about outside of the spoiler tag (Spoiler about Season Finale, Spoiler about Character Exit, etc.)

4. Links to interviews, show news etc. are OK (people can decide on whether or not to click them).

5. Posting Youtube clips of "next episode" promos is also OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Doctor Who series 8 episode 1 to be screened in cinemas around the world!

I'm guessing Day of the Doctor did better than expected for them to run the series opener in the cinema.

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/doctor-who-series-8-episode-1-to-be-screened-in-cinemas-around-the-world
    Will I get to see anything extra in the cinema?

Yes, there will be additional content in cinemas, which will also be made available at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

There's a good interview with Peter Capaldi in todays Sunday Times magazine. Including pics of him in full costume. I'm sure a pdf version will leak online soon enough but its still in the shops as I post this.....(and decent newsagents usually give away the magazine for free by tonight / tomorrow morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Vue in Liffey Valley will be screening the first episode, its on their website ascoming soon. Tickets in sale tomorrow i believe, nothing on Cineworld yet but Cineworld UK are showing it so i presume It will show in Cineworld Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I wasn't that excited about seeing the 50th in the cinema - sure what's Doctor Who without a sofa to hide behind? - but for this first episode I think I might be tempted to go see it... verrrry tempted

pixelburp wrote: »
    I wasn't that excited about seeing the 50th in the cinema - sure what's Doctor Who without a sofa to hide behind? - but for this first episode I think I might be tempted to go see it... verrrry tempted

The atmosphere in the cinema was electric, its definitely worth it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

pixelburp wrote: »

You missed out man. I saw it in a screen in Eirtakon. 15 year olds listening to my old war stories of watching Syl McCoy. The room erupting when Mr Baker appeared. Nice memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jenna-Louise Coleman

Possibly major spoiler link

The Mirror.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm ok with that. Not a fan of Clara to be honest.

Just for those interested in such things, filming for this year's Christmas special has begun! No idea what the setting will be, but presumably if it ties into season 8's finale at all they'll stagger the more spoilery shooting for as late in the broadcast run as possible.

Advertisement