Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED light and USB socket Q.

Options
  • 02-01-2014 12:01pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭

usb-plug-socket-600x462.jpg

Anyone know where I can get these in Ireland ?

Edit : removed LED Q - read the stickies

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

horgan_p wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get these in Ireland ?

No, but I got one of these MK units in Eurosales in Sandyford:
    USB.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Very neat, are they part of an socket circuit or separate supply, mcb/rcbo rating?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

robertxxx wrote: »
    Very neat, are they part of an socket circuit or separate supply, mcb/rcbo rating?

I linked mine off a local socket as this was convenient. Nothing wrong with using a lighting circuit if it suited. An RCD would not be a requirement as the output is only 5V

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Resurrecting a zombie thread , but only cause I found my answer , just ordered and fitted one of these :
    https://ie.mobilefun.com/45980-encharge-uk-power-socket-with-usb-charging-wall-plate-white.htm

nice and shallow so fits into the existing back box. delivers 2A so it'll charge an iPad or a phone quickly. Expensive enough , but worth it to me.

Advertisement