Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Controller - Issues?

Options
  • 02-01-2014 12:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just want to get an idea about the Xbox One controller and how people are finding it?

To be honest, I'm just off the phone with MS support regarding my Day One controller. Although the buttons are all working fine, the controller housing feels like it has been put together very loosely indeed. Insetad of feeling very sturdy and like a single unit, my controller feels like the back could easilt come off with litthe force.

In addition, I got a chance to play on a standard (non-Day One) controller. I play Killer Instinct alot, and I found that the D-pad was not registering down-right or down-left with any consistency. Anyone that knows fighting games will know that this is a game breaker as many moves require a transition between down to downforward to forward. In he KI training mode, you can see what directions ar being pressed and it shows the diagonal directions are rarely being picked up.

Has anyone else have issues with theirs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Pal had to send his off (at his own expense) to MS all boxed up and padded as per their instruction , same issue as you regards the housing , the one that came back wasn't much better and in a bubble wrap envelope ffs :eek:

Not sure when the policy changed but when I got my slim 2 years ago they sent me a paid UPS box and choice of pick up time for the controller, and I got back a new one in its proper packaging a week later, maybe it's because it's a day one controller they now do this but pretty shocking none the less.

Over all I like that the new one is so light but it definitely feels very cheap and I would not like to drop it even once. The 360 pad feels 100 times more robust.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I mentioned identical housing issues back in the xbox one tour thread, I assumed/hoped it was just because they were demo units

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

My controller wasn't lasting with batteries initially. Needed to use it with the cable plugged in. Managed to fix itself with the 3rd set of batteries but now the headset won't work using the same Day One controller. I can hear people but they can't hear me. Works fine in a friend's controller.

Just off the phone (1 hr 11 mins!) to XBox support and they scheduled a replacement. Told me to phone UPS, mention it's a Microsoft repair and I'd get it paid for. UPS haven't a clue about such a thing and are saying I need to pay. Bastards! Also, I'm going to be without a controller for ages it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Told me to phone UPS, mention it's a Microsoft repair and I'd get it paid for. UPS haven't a clue about such a thing and are saying I need to pay. Bastards! Also, I'm going to be without a controller for ages it seems.

You shouldn't have been told that. Assuming it was set up properly you should have an email by now with an address for you to ship the controller to. But as mentioned above you will have to fork out for postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

You shouldn't have been told that. Assuming it was set up properly you should have an email by now with an address for you to ship the controller to. But as mentioned above you will have to fork out for postage.

Yep, you're spot on. Got talking to them again, kicked up a bit of a fuss and managed to get 2 free Xbox Live months. Still doesn't make up for the fact that we have to pay to ship the controller ourselves.

First guy assured me I'd have a new controller within a week of today. Not really doable unless I pay high prices to get a courier to get my controller to Czech Rep fast. Through An Post I'm not hopeful that I'll see my new controller within 3 weeks.

The third person I spoke to genuinely came up with this as an alternative; Send off controller, then buy a new controller in a shop. When I receive the replacement, bring the new controller back to the shop saying it was faulty/didn't want it. Great...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

My brothers broke, MS said he'd have to pay to ship it to Czech Republic. I told him to get onto them again and complain, eventually they said bring it back to the store. He ordered online from Gamestop, brought it into GS in Blanch, they swapped it there and then for a new controller (though not a day one edition).

Advertisement