If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hdmi problem

Options
  • 02-01-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,

bought a 32" phillips from you a few years back. Over christmas all 3 hdmi inputs failed. Have tried with different devices but same result. Scart is fine.
    I've googled but can't seem to find an explanation, have you any idea why all of them would go at the same time? And if its fixable at all?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

tinner777 wrote: »
    hi,

bought a 32" phillips from you a few years back. Over christmas all 3 hdmi inputs failed. Have tried with different devices but same result. Scart is fine.
    I've googled but can't seem to find an explanation, have you any idea why all of them would go at the same time? And if its fixable at all?

Thanks for your help
    the short answer is, I've no idea ( and I know thats not much help!) Honestly I have never heard of a Philips losing all HDMI inputs - which model is it and I'll have a dig? HAve you tried a firmware update and factory reset?

Come back to me with a model number and we can hopefully see where we can start to solve this - however it may need to go for service..

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

hi,

Thanks for your help
    the short answer is, I've no idea ( and I know thats not much help!) Honestly I have never heard of a Philips losing all HDMI inputs - which model is it and I'll have a dig? HAve you tried a firmware update and factory reset?

Come back to me with a model number and we can hopefully see where we can start to solve this - however it may need to go for service..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    model 32PFL5604H/12

tried reset and updating firmware, no joy. How much would a service cost?

thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

hi,

Thanks for your help

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    model 32PFL5604H/12

thanks
    Again I hate saying this - But I honestly dont know - it depends on what the issue is and if/what parts it may need - there is normally a minimum estimate charge of approx £40 - where are you based and I'll see if I can get someone local to you to look at it as it may be awkward (and expensive) to get it back to us in Belfast.

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks again and keep us posted

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

hi,

Thanks for your help

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    model 32PFL5604H/12

thanks
    Again I hate saying this - But I honestly dont know - it depends on what the issue is and if/what parts it may need - there is normally a minimum estimate charge of approx £40 - where are you based and I'll see if I can get someone local to you to look at it as it may be awkward (and expensive) to get it back to us in Belfast.

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks again and keep us posted
    fair enough John, given its age i'll prob be in the market for something new, have you anything like this 
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Samsung UE32F5300AKXXU 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Slim LED TV (100Hz CMR, SMART, Dual-Core, Wi-Fi in store?[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I'm not really sure about that model.

The one that we would stock closest to that would be the Samsung UE32F5500 which is £299.95.

This is only available to collect in-store at present and I'm waiting on new stock to arrive.

If you like to keep your TV's for a number of years, then I would totally suggest spending the extra £50 and going for the Panasonic TXL32E6. The What Hifi 32" TV of the year. 

http://www.whathifi.com/review/panasonic-tx-l32e6b

This is simply stunning and is well worth the extra spends. Delivery on this would be £12.99.

Hope that helps but keep us posted.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.