Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennels - Cork

• 02-01-2014 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and the wife are going away for a weekend at the end of January with my folks and my sister and her husband. They are the usual babysitters when we go away, so it seems Rufus needs a dog hotel for the weekend.

Anyone know of any kennels in or near Cork City?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

Hello
    would also be interested as need to go away for work from a friday to wednesday, the weekend I can get someone for but its the weekdays that are difficult.

I've gone back through other previous posts
    I'm not sure I can use names of places but there seems to be a very big difference in cost.

Personally I did use one outside Douglas, up Maryborough hill and then out 10mins drive into the country.... it was fine, it was only for 2 nights about a year ago...but you had to bring your own bed, I don't mind that, but the bed came back covered in white hairs... from the dog she was sharing the kennel with... so not sure if mine slept in the other one's bed or they were both in it.... it also took ages to clean....

one in youghal is 12a night and seems nice from the website
    one in ovens is 17 a night, also seems to be well run based on previous comments/threads
    Togher daycare and kennels, you have to do assessment before they'll take you for kennels and that's around the 20euro range....

Has anyone used a dog walker? Someone that would come into the house during the day and take the dog out for an hour? flatmate can let her out in the mornings and again after 6 but if she had a good walk mid day maybe that would be enough for the 3 weekdays....

If anyone knows someone they can recommend doing this that would be great, my main concern is of course giving my spare key to a stranger and letting them into my house....

(I live near the Lough)

Thanks!
    Cate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

There's a lady on the main Douglas Rd, Del I think is her name and she takes in dogs, they stay in her house with her. She does grooming too.

I've only gotten my fella groomed by her but she loves dogs, he didn't want to leave the place, usually there'd be non stop whinging about being left in a strange place.

I can pm you the number if you're interested :).

Thanks a million that would be great, really close to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Me too as well.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bluejelly

I have used a dog walker who is based in ballincollig over the last 12/18months. Lovely girl who is also a dog trainer & can stay in your house, very reasonable.

PM me if you want her details.

• Advertisement

thanks that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ss94

Hello guys, im new here. I ve googled this post... And U ve already helped me soooo much... Im looking for a dog sitter and I live in Bandon road... 5 minutes from Douglas rd so could U pls pm me the details of that lady, pls?

bluejelly wrote: »
    I have used a dog walker who is based in ballincollig over the last 12/18months. Lovely girl who is also a dog trainer & can stay in your house, very reasonable.

PM me if you want her details.

HI again
    Just wondering if you can send on these details by PM if you don't want to put it in the thread, I left a PM last week for you but I'm not sure you got it
    thanks
    Cate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

cate3may wrote: »
    HI again
    Just wondering if you can send on these details by PM if you don't want to put it in the thread, I left a PM last week for you but I'm not sure you got it
    thanks
    Cate
    Last Activity: 07-01-2014 14:22 .
    It's in their inbox but they have not been on site under their account basically.

Advertisement