Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Printer - Colour

Options
  • 02-01-2014 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

I am on the look out for decent printer.

Colour, ability to print photos a plus, and if it can print double sided even better.

Would prefer laser over inkjet if the price is right.

Anyone got a suggestion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

I have an Epson Workforce Pro

Currently €224 There's a free 3 yr extended warranty if you register with Epson

Review

It's a bit dear to buy and the first set of inks will cost a bit (the originals don't print a lot) but after that ink lasts a long time and it's fast and good quality, although photos won't be as good as a dedicated photo printer

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Thanks, might get one of these myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Farmer wrote: »
    I have an Epson Workforce Pro

Currently €224 There's a free 3 yr extended warranty if you register with Epson

Review

It's a bit dear to buy and the first set of inks will cost a bit (the originals don't print a lot) but after that ink lasts a long time and it's fast and good quality, although photos won't be as good as a dedicated photo printer

Thanks for this, a bit high on the price side but temping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Those Epsons are great printers but you need to watch out the ink doesn't dry in them.. Make sure to regularly run the maintenance on them if you don't print every couple of days, I've had two of them block up and you can't replace the print head on them. In saying that, that's a common issue with most inkjet printers.. But the Epson Workforce is by far one of the best inkjets around, very cheap to run too..

I went back to laser myself after getting a damn good deal on a printer, dirt cheap to run.. toner does 12,000 pages and cost me around €40 to replace!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Are colour laser printers worth the money? Or would I be best sticking with an inkjet? (sorry OP for hijacking your post!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Got this Brother one yesterday and it's fantastic.

Reduced from €200 to €130 in Argos. It's €180 in Harvey Normans and €199
    still in power city. It has Fax capabilities, as well as the ability to print A3 and duplex. Also scanner built in. Wifi was dead handy to set up with the touchscreen panel and it works with AirPrint so you can print from portable devices.

Harvey Norman price matched it for me so I didn't have to go as far as Argos for it.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9126734/Trail/searchtext%3EBROTHER+PRINTER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I have that brother one.. For general home use its Grand, print quality isn't the best though n printing on a3 can be a pain. I paid €110 for it in pc world a couple of months ago..

Laser vs inkjet.. Depends what u print, I have both.. I've an inkjet photo printer for photos/scanning and I use my laser for day to day printing.. Lasers tend to give much better print quality, are faster and unlike inkjet you've no hassle with ink drying out etc.. But inkjets are better for photos, lasers don't print edge to edge.. I work from home so print a good bit. The Epson mentioned above is a good compromise,

• Registered Users Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Currys/PC World have a Brother A3 wireless all in one printer for €120

I have a similar model to that and find it very good for all round use. The original ink cartridges can be expensive (aren't they all) but I use the refills/re-manufactured cartridges and I find them okay.

If it has a fault its just very light with the machine casing, drawer, some moving parts etc all in plastic but I suppose most printers are like that these days. Anyhow I bought my printer about 4 years ago and it has got a fair bit of use but I never had any bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tesco had great prices on Epson printers XP 205 for €18 & XP 305 & 405's
    for €20.
    Sale started 27th Dec so at this stage, not sure where they still have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Tesco had great prices on Epson printers XP 205 for €18 & XP 305 & 405's
    for €20.
    Sale started 27th Dec so at this stage, not sure where they still have them.

Had a look around my local Tesco (Oranmore), but no sign if these. Pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 JohnnyBoyxxx

my kids got me a Samsung SCX-5737FW multifunctional laser printer from Exdemohut for less than €230. Its perfect for my small office. I know they retail for over €600 elsewhere. I had an epson 1290 for 7 years, which i liked a lot, before this one, but i don't think I'd ever use inkjet again after using my Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Power city have the brother printer in post 7 marked down to €99 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I have one of these and the photo quality is brilliant. I have it 7 years and it's still going strong. There is probably a newer model but I couldn't recommend it highly enough for printing photos.

http://www.canon.ie/For_Home/Product_Finder/Printers/Inkjet/PIXMA_iP4200/

We have an Epsom printer which cost the same it doesn't come near it in quality.

Advertisement