Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Superthread] Mayweather vs Pacman **NO STREAMING REQUESTS**

Comments

efb wrote: »
    A few rocked Manny

when exactly was manny "rocked"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Manny was never rocked EFB. Outboxed....but never rocked. Mayweather doesn't have the power to stop top level fighters. He hasn't legitimately knocked anybody out in donkeys years.

He doesn't need it anyway. He outboxes everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Back under your bridges guys.

The scorecards validate me

the scorecard was never argued back under your bridge good sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nobody disagrees with the outcome, we're just sick of your brown-nosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

People will not remember Mayweather as a great

They will remember him as a boxer/coward who only agreed to fight boxers after their prime and as a scared little man

No they don't EFB. I cant claim that Mayweather rode in on a unicorn and then say "The score cards validate me!" because its not relevant. He wasn't rocked. Stop being a child.

Brown nosing whom???

The overhead right, the uppercut and the right hook rocked Manny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It wasn't a fight for high octane excitement but it was a master display of skill, knowledge and ring craft by Mayweather.

None of the competitors can you honestly say gave it their all and left it all in there? made for a poor spectacle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Do sky feel obligated to try to brain wash people with their bull?
    Phrases such as Ultimate masterclass, mayweather could step up five gears, a whooping, etc
    Complete nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

They will remember him as a boxer/coward who only agreed to fight boxers after their prime and as a scared little man

I just came on here, read your post, your post only... And im gone again.

Wtf !!

Clueless

None of the competitors can you honestly say gave it their all and left it all in there? made for a poor spectacle

It was never going to be a spectacle. Mayweather is too good to let that happen. Box clever, win rounds. That's the name of the game. It was never going to be a classic. Just a demonstration of how good Mayweather is.

I gave my score after every round - didn't see too many do that - Mayweather did exactly what was required of him. This isn't the movies

Brown nosing whom???

The overhead right, the uppercut and the right hook rocked Manny.

Haha good one. Your lips would have to be surgically removed from Mayweather's backside, we get it, you like him. Don't need to remind us five times on every page, it's petty and your embarrassing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

The rules allow Mayweather win fights (probably not an accurate word) like this so good luck to him. But surely throwing single shots and winning rounds by scoring with one or two jabs cannot be categorised as genius.

• Advertisement

Why, if you don't have to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Another nail in the coffin of the sport of boxing to the casual fan.

Its not hard to see why most casual fans are switching to UFC for the past few years for their regular events. These size of boxing PPV events wont happen again as there wont be any boxing stars as the size of mayweather of pacman unless something drastic changes. Boxing is just not as exciting to the casual fan as UFC is, no one can deny it.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Lands what?
    He barely landed a punch in the whole fight.
    At least pacquio tried to land a few punches

You were obviously drunk. Landed what ? From the first bell he landed at will

Its not hard to see why most casual fans are switching to UFC for the past few years for their regular events. These size of boxing PPV events wont happen again as there wont be any boxing stars as the size of mayweather of pacman unless something drastic changes. Boxing is just not as exciting to the casual fan as UFC is, no one can deny it.

So what's the ppv numbers like???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Kirby wrote: »
    Aggression is scored. But you have to land punches and Mayweather never lets his opponents do it.

I meant aggression on its own, separate to landing punches. Google tells me this is "effective aggression."

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    The rules allow Mayweather win fights (probably not an accurate word) like this so good luck to him. But surely throwing single shots and winning rounds by scoring with one or two jabs cannot be categorised as genius.

Out manoeuvre your opponent, maximum reward for minimum effort. He landed some class shots what do ye want- it's not Hollywood

Boxing is fine. It has rules and like any sport, there are the occasional few who exploit them. UFC isn't immune to that. There are plenty of spoilers in UFC who win ugly.

In an ideal world, Floyds extreme ducking and showing of his back and his elbowing/head pushing would be stopped. But they aren't. So he's entitled to do it. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I sincerely hope you're either hammered or drunk off lack of sleep efb. Complete ring coming out of ya.

Anyway Im off to bed. Roll on Canelo next week!

The one good thing to come out of tonight is, I've learned what Jim Watt's boards username is. :)

Like football I always prefer style over gruntwork

When ye have judged international fights lads come back to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You were obviously drunk. Landed what ? From the first bell he landed at will

I'm stone sober.
    Mayweather didn't land any major punches

Mayweather is 38 hardly in his prime. Mayweather takes your prime away from you whether your 18 or 36

Like football I always prefer style over gruntwork

Floyds way of fighting is a lot more akin to Chelsea than Arsenal mate. Defend effectively and win ugly. Not pretty. Manny is more like Arsenal. Attack in style.

So you have that one backwards.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Haha good one. Your lips would have to be surgically removed from Mayweather's backside, we get it, you like him. Don't need to remind us five times on every page, it's petty and your embarrassing yourself.

You have to be in the presence of the person of they have to be aware for you to brown nose

• Advertisement

Ah here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Do sky feel obligated to try to brain wash people with their bull?
    Phrases such as Ultimate masterclass, mayweather could step up five gears, a whooping, etc
    Complete nonsense

Froch's admiration for this masterclass of boxing never extended to Andre Ward who employs similar tactics.

No doubt the final fight will be against Cotto where Mayweather will once again run and pot shot his way to the "lineal middleweight championship". At a catch weight of 150llbs of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

So what's the ppv numbers like???
    Had a feeling you would wheel that out going by your other cringey posts.

You do realise how young UFC and MMA is of a company/Sport in comparison to boxing? its only been getting properly recognised around the world for about a decade now and is still only expanding to territories around the world.

Give it 10-15 years when UFC has properly expanded to asia/oceanic, eastern europe and south america and they have many more talent around the world training in MMA, then you will see the size of events they will be hosting.

Mcgregor is headlining the same arena as the guys tonight did in the summer. Do you think a boxer from Ireland, barely two years in the "big leagues" could do that? No he couldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I have him landing three, in the 1st round, 5th and 11th.

Kirby wrote: »
    Floyds way of fighting is a lot more akin to Chelsea than Arsenal mate. Defend effectively and win ugly. Not pretty. Manny is more like Arsenal. Attack in style.

So you have that one backwards.

No he's more like Barcelona. Sizes up his opponent and wins effectively turns on the style when required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

You have cemented your excellence in the boxing boards archives.

You do realise how young UFC and MMA is of a company/Sport in comparison to boxing? its only been getting properly recognised around the world for about a decade now and is still only expanding to territories around the world.

Give it 10-15 years when UFC has properly expanded to asia/oceanic, eastern europe and south america and they have many more talent around the world training in MMA, then you will see the size of events they will be hosting.

Mcgregor is headlining the same arena as the guys tonight did in the summer. Do you think a boxer from Ireland, barely two years in the "big leagues" could do that? No he couldn't.

No, because boxing has far more depth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

where can I get the stats from the fight lads?

Ppv numbers are like album sales. On the grand scheme of things they mean f*ck all really besides cash to those directly involved. To true fans of the sport/music it's completely irrelevant

• Advertisement

You have cemented your excellence in the boxing boards archives.

I better stuck that on my CV straightaway!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

corny wrote: »

Wlad Klitschko employs similar tactics albeit he eventually gets a KO, and he's labelled a bore.

You do realise how young UFC and MMA is of a company/Sport in comparison to boxing? its only been getting properly recognised for about a decade now and is still only expanding to territories around the world.

Give it 10-15 years when UFC has properly expanded to asia/oceanic, eastern europe and south america and you will see the size of events they will be hosting.

UFC deals with fights well. No doubting that. You cant duck in the UFC....the fights get made. Kudos for that.

But this notion that there isn't Mayweather types in the UFC who just win and don't care how it looks is ridiculous. Half the guys in there wrestle to the ground and stay there for the round. And I'm not talking armbars, triangles and side control here. Just ground and pound and they lay on each other in exhaustion. That's not pretty either.

A bit of balance here.

I'm stone sober.

No but more quality punches than pacquiao.

Goodnight and goodbye lads

Froch's admiration for this masterclass of boxing never extended to Andre Ward who employs similar tactics.

No doubt the final fight will be against Cotto where Mayweather will once again run and pot shot his way to the "lineal middleweight championship". At a catch weight of 150llbs of course.

I'd hate to be bitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Is there actually people thinking this was anything other than an easy floyd win on points? Im a manny fan but I saw what I saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I had Pacman winning by 2(Hopeful) 1. Draw or Mayweather winning by 1. Will have to rewatch. The scorecard was a joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

No, because boxing has far more depth

oh jeez...how many sports does mma combine? your little darling boxing is one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

I had Pacman winning by 2(Hopeful) 1. Draw or Mayweather winning by 1. Will have to rewatch. The scorecard was a joke.

You were way off. It was a pretty wide decision for Mayweather.

Deco99 wrote: »
    Is there actually people thinking this was anything other than an easy floyd win on points? Im a manny fan but I saw what I saw.

No, there isn't any reasonable debate to see the fight any other way. Floyd had his tactics spot on, which unfortunately never makes for a quality spectacle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement