Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diving/Simulation

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

And my point is he has brought it on himself. He is a wet dream for the likes of Sky, if he behaved himself from day 1 of his Premier league career he wouldn't be getting the stick he gets. He came with a reputation and he has continued with it.

There's some people linking Diego Costa with United, I don't see it happening but if it did, I can guarantee you would see the same scenario playing out.

So you're happy for there to be one rule for one person because 'he brought it in himself' and another rule for everyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

irishmover wrote: »
    So you're happy for there to be one rule for one person because 'he brought it in himself' and another rule for everyone else?
    I'm not sure I get you here. Bringing it on himself is the point I'm making, so I suppose yeah?

Same with anything. I can't engage with people in the Liverpool thread anymore without hostility because I acted the maggot in there. My fault and I'm fine with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'm not sure I get you here. Bringing it on himself is the point I'm making, so I suppose yeah?

Same with anything. I can't engage with people in the Liverpool thread anymore without hostility because I acted the maggot in there. My fault and I'm fine with that.

He gets all the attention from everyone everytime something controversial happens. Whereas similar things happen in almost every game in England yet it's never really mentioned.

The mentality that when Suarez does it lets all have a massive debate about it is ridiculous and is counter productive to diving/simulation. There's no level playing field. Suarez is a cheat. But there are a lot of cheats in the PL.

Would you have a very different outlook if that was Suarez doing what Debuchy did in that GIF I posted? From the sounds of it I'm sure you'd be infuriated.

But yeh don't worry I do hate Suarez just as much as you and seeing him perform well does not bode well. He's not the only diver or cheat in England though. Which was my point.

irishmover wrote: »
    He gets all the attention from everyone everytime something controversial happens. Whereas similar things happen in almost every game in England yet it's never really mentioned.

The mentality that when Suarez does it lets all have a massive debate about it is ridiculous and is counter productive to diving/simulation. There's no level playing field. Suarez is a cheat. But there are a lot of cheats in the PL.

Would you have a very different outlook if that was Suarez doing what Debuchy did in that GIF I posted? From the sounds of it I'm sure you'd be infuriated.

But yeh don't worry I do hate Suarez just as much as you and seeing him perform well does not bode well. He's not the only diver or cheat in England though. Which was my point.
    He's not the only one that gets criticised either. Ashley Young and Januzaj are getting a fair share of well deserved stick as have many before them.
    With Suarez you have the other unsavoury incidents to throw at him as well. You can't seriously be surprised that he gets the backlash? He's the perfect pantomime villain.
    Funnily enough, he doesn't bother me personally half as much as he used to, I've mellowed on him over the last few months believe it or not :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Agueroooo wrote: »
    look if you're going to go around dropping scummy comments then don't expect an intellectual debate in return.

now here is another funny gif...

Agueroooo: Do not threadspoil with gifs and do not inflame an argument with gifs. Thread cleaned up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Anyone see the Jovetic dive against Chelsea?

Anyone see the Jovetic dive against Chelsea?
    Yep, it goes in the "so bad it's funny" pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

To be fair, I don't get why Suarez is singled out in 99% of this issue. Last year, he was pretty poor with antics, but from what I've watched of him this year, it has become alot less frequent. Augero would commit the same amount of faining as Suarez does, the only difference is Augero does it outside the box far more than inside so it's not highlighted as much.

In agreement with other posters though the issue of diving has spread throughout far more players/teams than it has been in the past where a small number of players are assocoiated with it. Sky will tend to stick with the top flight teams as it draws more attention, but you can see it in any of the games further down the bill.

The problem is the viewpoint that the whole mentality is associated with Latin footballers, so you get the excuse that is how they have always played. This either drums up the 'good old days' argument or it is adopted by others. The premiership has been heavily influenced by latin football in the last 5 years or so, with formations and styles manipulated to try to copy what the likes of Barca have established. With the formations and styles the type of behaviour is also hand in hand with the likes of diving for advantage and also the calling out for punishment, via manager or players.

I don't particularly like it, but I have seen no alternative that would work other than if you can't beat them, join them. You only have to look at the City Barca game last week to see the gulf in 'clever' play. Key fouls are part and parcel with the tactics, but how these are commited are as well drilled in as the passing movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Still don't get why a blatently obvious dive when analysed after the game can't merit a mandatory 3game ban, would get rid of it in no time.
    Debatable decision?
    Tough! Keep yourself on your feet, if the challenge is that rough that you're forced to ground then there'll be no need for a debate.

Extra: 3 players from your team in a season found guilty, 1 point deduction.

I fail to see how it wouldn't work fairly quickly

Advertisement