Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Hub vs Guinness Enterprise Centre?

Options
  • 02-01-2014 2:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Does anyone have any opinions on the Digital Hub vs the GEC for a solo consultant / freelancer? Pros and cons for each? I am thinking of checking out one of them tomorrow with a view to securing a hot desk to work from, and just wanted to hear experiences for and against both. I figure they are both great in their own way, but just said I'd check.

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have only ever had desk space in the GEC so cant compare apart from word of mouth. Have heard bad things about the internet speeds in the Digital Hub. In terms of the GEC always found it great, they run a networking group on the first Wednesday of every month which is great for meeting people in the building and promoting yourself. The atmosphere is friendly and the GEC staff very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Any idea what either of these places cost per month for 2-3 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 irishwaldo

as somebody who has spent almost a year involved with Digital Skills Academy, who are part of the digital hub( check CRO for details) do yourself a favour and look at alternatives, IMO only interested in government funding and grant aids, no interest in promoting or in assisting job creation, employment or entrepreneurship see the following for details http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86666631

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

THE DSA has nothing to do with what the Digital Hub does. The DSA run springboard courses for people receiving social welfare who are looking to get back to college and upskill. It may be owned by the Digital Hub but the purpose of it is completely unrelated. I taught on the DSA courses so I know its function.

The Digital Hub itself is an enterprise centre for startups offering them office space etc. They run programmes like Launchpad for startups which also provides funding should they be successful to get on it. I havent done Launchpad but based on the OP I would say the Guinness Enterprise is possibly more suited unless you have a business idea and are looking for something like launchpad.

Advertisement