Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate automation price? ?

Options
  • 02-01-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I am putting up a set of gates and I want them to be electric via underground pods. How much should this set me back including installation with zappers etc etc I am based in North cork.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

Came Frog system whcih is a decent set wuold cost about 1000-1300 if you install yourself. If not possible add another 1K to install. This is a simple system to install once cables are ran and motor boxes in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

gerandy wrote: »
    Came Frog system whcih is a decent set wuold cost about 1000-1300 if you install yourself. If not possible add another 1K to install. This is a simple system to install once cables are ran and motor boxes in place.

I was under the impression Faac were the best, I spoke to a sound lad from Kilcock called Frank last night he said Cork was too far away for him but was willing to give lots of help on installation. I rang another crowd called Berfield automation and he wanted 2.5K for a Faac kit installed! !!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Truckermal wrote: »
    I was under the impression Faac were the best, I spoke to a sound lad from Kilcock called Frank last night he said Cork was too far away for him but was willing to give lots of help on installation. I rang another crowd called Berfield automation and he wanted 2.5K for a Faac kit installed! !!:eek:

Faac gear is good, similar to a BMW/ MERC in car terminology. Therefore they charge well for it.
    Now having said that depending of course on the size/ wind resistance etc. Came are a very decent brand. Personally I have been using their gear since 1998.
    The availability of spare parts is excellent, for example a client of mine in a flood prone area in Cork city recently upgraded their 220volt motors for 24 volt with battery back up. Considering the
    the old ones were in the ground for 13 years we had no issues removing the original motors from the original foundation boxes and just replacing the motors.
    I have to say I would not hesitate in recommending Came to you.

Advertisement