Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs that influenced another song

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was "influenced " by the Chiffons "Shes' so Fine".
    It cost him a lot of money for the privilege though.

The Chiffons subsequently went on to record a version of Georges song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

bullpost wrote: »
    My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was "influenced " by the Chiffons "Shes' so Fine".
    It cost him a lot of money for the privilege though.

The Chiffons subsequently went on to record a version of Georges song.

Yeah Cheers for that Bullpost...but there was an element of "denial" in the influence..which the Judge was called in to sort out.

Its those ones where writers openly say.. "Yeah..I based this song on....whatever"...

Have a listen to these 3...OK its a different issue again, samples and things, but thought you might like...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Here's one where QOTSA on their Songs For The Deaf album they decided to base "A Song For The Dead" off Black Flag's "Slip It In" of their album of the same name. You got to love a bit of Hardcore influence to be fair.

Queens practically lifted Black Flag's entire drum track and bass riff for their own song.

Black Flag.

Queens of the Stone Age.

Advertisement