Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Irish Marathon is considered flat & fast for a PB?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

viperlogic wrote: »
    In Cork the course is pretty much flat but gets tough between 18 to 22 miles.

Where are the tough pulls in Limerick?

here is my garmin link when I paced it 3 years ago: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/83015100
    My recollection is that the first half is pretty flat. There were 3 little drags over the last 10k which hurt a few people but I think they elimated 1 of these last year so it should be down to 2 drags...
    Note that the elevation graph looks worse than it is: the max elevation never goes up over 90ft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

viperlogic wrote: »
    In Cork the course is pretty much flat but gets tough between 18 to 22 miles.

A lot of people say that, but they keep forgetting that the biggest climb of the day is just before mile 8 - it's the climb to get out of the tunnel!

Nevertheless, Cork and Limerick are still very much in the same category for me. There are a few late drags in Limerick as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

A lot of people say that, but they keep forgetting that the biggest climb of the day is just before mile 8 - it's the climb to get out of the tunnel!

Nevertheless, Cork and Limerick are still very much in the same category for me. There are a few late drags in Limerick as well.

Think the only thing swaying me towards Limerick is that its a month earlier so hopefully the temperature wont be as high, well on average. But with typical Irish weather, 4th of May could be the hottest day of the year and 2nd of June be lashing rain!

Advertisement