Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nespresso pods in towncentre??

Options
  • 02-01-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if I can buy nespresso pods in the towncentre??

Went online to nespresso and they charge €8.95 for delivery...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

amdublin wrote: »

No. Online or in the Nespresso boutique in Brown Thomas only. Consider using parcel motel to save on delivery costs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thought as much. Aagh why oh why did I buy into this!

Thought as much. Aagh why oh why did I buy into this!

It's worth it! Just doesn't seem right that you can buy the machines almost anywhere but not the coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

athtrasna wrote: »
    Consider using parcel motel to save on delivery costs

Take it a step further and register on the nespresso UK site rather than use the Irish site. I've taken this approach and it does provide nominal savings when combined with PM costs.

Take it a step further and register on the nespresso UK site rather than use the Irish site. I've taken this approach and it does provide nominal savings when combined with PM costs.

Grr didn't see this.

Found out you can avoid charge by ordering min.200 so bit the bullet and did it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

Harvey Normans sell pods that are compatible with the Nespresso machine

bkeane wrote: »
    Harvey Normans sell pods that are compatible with the Nespresso machine

Interesting... any prices bkeane?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Almost twice the price of Nespresso? Only takes one pack to save the price of the bus fare one way

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pixel pixie

http://coffeemania.ie/caffe-impresso-coffee-capsules-for-nespresso-machines/

These are lovely, and half the price (including postage) of actual Nespresso.

• Advertisement

http://coffeemania.ie/caffe-impresso-coffee-capsules-for-nespresso-machines/

These are lovely, and half the price (including postage) of actual Nespresso.

Now we're talking!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭aah yes

Watch out when ordering Nespresso capsules.

Twice in a row now I paid for recycle bags x 2, and a 400 Nespresso capsule order, and each time - both times in the last 12 months I pre-arranged recycle bag collection when the Fastway driver drops in the new capsules, and again this morning the Fastway chap says Nespresso still have not arranged for the collection code to collect the bags of old capsules - I paid for up front ! €8.95 a go x 2 now in the last 12 months.

Last time I called them after saying they had slipped up on the collection, but they said it was too late to send them back, it should have been the one time only chance with the Fastway driver capsule drop in, so they can't make another special journey, so I had to just dump them in the bin, and lose out on my €8.95 I duly paid Nespresso for recycling collection.

So it happened again this morning, Fastway driver said nothing arranged, cannot take the bags, and again I lose out on another €8.95 I paid in advance to have them collected.

There should be a law against this ongoing scam. You pay up front, it gets invoiced, that is the prearrangement for collection, then they don't collect.

I tried to call Nespresso all morning and afternoon on their various numbers, but their lines are giving a continually engaged tone constantly for the last three hours on all the numbers ...

ROI 1800 812 660 (no answer constantly over several hours)

Outside UK number 0088 722 555 90 (no answer constantly over several hours)

Nespresso is starting to look like a bandit operation to me, of top dollar pricing, and bottom dollar service with the ongoing recycling scam and not able to call them back. No staff to answer calls, shoestring operation, low class, no quality.

All the sayings "all fur coat and no knickers", "flash as a rat with a gold tooth", "mutton dressed as lamb". Might as well order the cheap lookalike capsules elsewhere, probably get better service and not get ripped off with their recycling scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭aah yes

Latest news - I went down to the Fastway depot to see if there were problems about picking up capsules when they were arranged to, and the boss man just said next time to give the old capsules to the driver whatever the driver's aversion to to doing a pick up, tell him to pick them up or call the office back for the boss to tell him to.

So maybe it is more a courier hick-up than Nespresso boo-boo, but maybe Nespresso are using a low cost courier that doesn't get it right too often ? Someone in the loop needs to sort out what's not right here ?

Fastway came the next day to do the pick up for the capsules. Actually for another pick up, but instead only had the capsules, so they took them.

Still don't know why the Nespresso phones were on the blink / engaged on the day in question ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Sorry for your troubles but what has any of that got to do with Dublin 15 or the OP's question?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭JD Dublin

Bewleys in Blackrock Co Dublin do Nespresso compatible pods, I am not sure if any of the other Bewleys shops do that.

JD Dublin wrote: »
    Bewleys in Blackrock Co Dublin do Nespresso compatible pods, I am not sure if any of the other Bewleys shops do that.

Cheers but I am looking for somewhere in the towncentre (Blanchardstown towncentre) to get them

Cheers but I am looking for somewhere in the towncentre (Blanchardstown towncentre) to get them

There simply isn't anywhere. It's part of buying into the Nespresso culture, you buy into the boutique shopping aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

athtrasna wrote: »
    There simply isn't anywhere. It's part of buying into the Nespresso culture, you buy into the boutique shopping aspect.

An there possibly wont with 6 million turn over for Brown Thomas sale of Nespresso.

Rumour has it they may be a Nespresso shop opening in Dublin

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/trendy-coffee-pods-brew-up-6m-turnover-in-ireland-30041830.html

Advertisement