Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danske Bank (NIB) want credit card balance cleared

Options
  • 02-01-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

Danske closing personal accounts, they want account balance cleared by march. I rang to explain this would not be possable, they say it will be handed over to a debt collection agency. Could this be correct

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It can.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

Check the Terms & Conds of your CC agreement.
    Credit card is a kind of credit which is repayable on bank's demand within a proper time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

I have not received any letter from Danske setting out their timetable for closure.
    Has anyone else received such a letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

yeah, we only heard it from a mate, despite us being customers. we also have maxed CC. Typical fcuking banks pushing their weight around again. They can close shop and leave us in the sh1t with the blink of an eye, yet everything has to be done on their terms. we are paying off our CC every week with what we can, if it's not fully paid back come March and if they have a problem with how im paying it back them they can go sh1t and send who they want after me. Sick of this bullying crap.

pjproby wrote: »
    I have not received any letter from Danske setting out their timetable for closure.

nope, so fcuk them and their time limits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

pjproby wrote: »

I got a letter just before Christmas, my credit card account will be closed in March and my current account in April.

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    Check the Terms & Conds of your CC agreement.
    Credit card is a kind of credit which is repayable on bank's demand within a proper time frame.

That's grand, but what's a proper time frame? 3 months, 3 weeks? If a person is paying it off every week and showing progress, then they should be left well alone to pay it back at their "time frame". let the bank freeze the card so no payment can be made from it also, if they are that worried about getting their cash back

hallo dare wrote: »
    That's grand, but what's a proper time frame? 3 months, 3 weeks? If a person is paying it off every week and showing progress, then they should be left well alone to pay it back at their "time frame". let the bank freeze the card so no payment can be made from it also, if they are that worried about getting their cash back

It depends on the bank. If Danske Bank has decided to close their business in Ireland in March 2014, so you are obligated to pay it off everything before that date. You should have been notified about it by bank in writing.
    If you don't repay your CC in full and on time, then bank has a legal right to take any legal action to get their money back.
    Actually bank can sell your outstanding balance, as a unpaid debt to the debt collection agency.
    It is highly possible to arrange a payment plan with a collection agency then.

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    It depends on the bank. If Danske Bank has decided to close their business in Ireland in March 2014, so you are obligated to pay it off everything before that date. You should have been notified about it by bank in writing.
    If you don't repay your CC in full and on time, then bank has a legal right to take any legal action to get their money back.
    Actually bank can sell your outstanding balance, as a unpaid debt to the debt collection agency.
    It is highly possible to arrange a payment plan with a collection agency then.

Got no notification, nor did anyone I've talked to. back to the money under the mattress me thinks.

Got no notification, nor did anyone I've talked to. back to the money under the mattress me thinks.

You should get it, soon or later.
    Call to your bank and discuss any available option you might have
    The best one is to convert your outstanding credit card balance for a loan, even with a different bank.Give a try.
    Under no circumstances, don't bury your head in the sand.

• Advertisement

call to my bank. that's a good one. my local vank was closed years agi, then the closwd my next local, in the next county. Useless shower. and ill certainly not be taking out a loan to pay them back. they're getting thwre money every week and that's the way they'll get it.

call to my bank. that's a good one. my local vank was closed years agi, then the closwd my next local, in the next county. Useless shower. and ill certainly not be taking out a loan to pay them back. they're getting thwre money every week and that's the way they'll get it.
    It's your problem and it's completely up to you, how are you gonna deal with your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

I have received no correspondence from them, except for a new credit card with an expiry of 12/14, which I thought odd, as I expected wind down in March. looking at transferring to another provider that offers interest free periods on balance transfers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Galadriel wrote: »
    I got a letter just before Christmas, my credit card account will be closed in March and my current account in April.

Got mine then as well. Strange to hear so many haven't got anything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

No news as of yet... that's not to say there is a letter in the post... see what turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 romadidas

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

same thing happened to me with Halifax closed their operations here a few years ago. It was up to me to find another credit card to switch to. Its not fair really, but unfortunately there's not much you can do.

Advertisement