Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

match trigger

Options
  • 02-01-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get one either a rifle basix or timney for a Remington 700 looking for one that breaks between 6 oz and 20 oz

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Anyone know where I can get one either a rifle basix or timney for a Remington 700 looking for one that breaks between 6 oz and 20 oz

Cheers

Do Timneys break that low? 1.5lbs/24oz is the lowest I have seen them go.

You may wish to look at Jewell triggers, which I believe go lower - more suitable for the bench-rest stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnnymolloy

FISMA wrote: »
    Do Timneys break that low? 1.5lbs/24oz is the lowest I have seen them go.

You may wish to look at Jewell triggers, which I believe go lower - more suitable for the bench-rest stuff.

Not sure to be honest but the rifle basix I was looking at did break that low

Not sure to be honest but the rifle basix I was looking at did break that low

Is this for benchrest shooting? I always go with Timney for hunting and general merriment at the range. However, all of the benchrest crowd that I know swear by Jewell Triggers.

Have a look at the Jewell BR which fits Rem 700 and 40x's. 1.5-3.0oz - exactly the range you wanted. You do not want a safety, do you? I don't think they do safety's with BR models. Jewells are, for some reason, hard to find right now.

Given my love of all things Timney, I have not really tried another manufacturer like Riflebasix, but have not heard bad anything bad about them.

I doubt you could go wrong with any of the above.

I like Timney as I have put in several over the years. Aside from having to widdle a bit of the stock, they go in perfect and function flawlessly. Just remember to say goodbye to the old warranty! I do not want such a light pull in the field and the cost is at the low end of custom triggers. Until someone (KIDD included:-) proves they are better, Timney gets my business.

What stock have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

You can order online at www.riflebasix.com

zeissman wrote: »

Anyone ever try or have one? I haven't yet, but would like to. I would really like to compare them to the Timney's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnnymolloy

zeissman wrote: »

I ordered a trigger from them for a marlin rimfire but I taught that was due to it not looking like a trigger was the reason I got in imported

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

FISMA wrote: »
    Anyone ever try or have one? I haven't yet, but would like to. I would really like to compare them to the Timney's.

My Father did not like the trigger on his Remmy 5R - Mil Spec. Could not adjust it below 3 pound. So i changed it out for a Rifle Basix LV-1 trigger kit.

It adjusts between 8 ounces (0.5 pound) - 24 ounces (1.5 pounds). It comes preset at 10 ounces, but he thought this a bit light so i changed it to 16 ounces (1 pound). Heavy enough that you have a good feel, but not too heavy to cause pull when firing. It is easy to install (10 minutes, tops) and has a lovely clean, crisp break.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

I ordered a SAV-Rat from riflebasix for my Savage MKII, had no problems importing it and it got here fairly quickly considering it came from the other side of the pond. It has really transformed the MkII, such an improvement on the Accu-Trigger. I've never tried the Timney but would definitely recommend a RifleBasix from my experience.

Advertisement