Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamped in Dundrum - No Receipt

Options
  • 02-01-2014 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Got clamped in the parking area outside of the VHI clinic near the luas stop today on what I thought was a valid space but apparently not. Had to pay the €120, fair enough to that point, paid in cash but then was offered no receipt and when I asked for one I got the response you don't get one for cash?! Very odd and all the stickers were removed off my car and didn't get the name of the company. Just wondering if anyone knows which company is doing the clamping so I can try and contact them for one. I presume it is a legal requirement for them to give me a receipt?

Wouldn't be so hung up on it usually but I have an issue with a lad making off with my hard earned cash with no trace for taxes etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Sounds like a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Was it actually in the VHI clinic space? If so, you could ask them who they use for clamping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Its a bit of a minefield for parking up there, different companies have different spaces etc. I would go back there, look at the space you were clamped in and see who 'owns' it and work from there.
    Very odd if a legit clamping company did not give you a receipt. Lots of cctv in that area if worse comes to worse.

Advertisement