Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TTC since July

Options
  • 02-01-2014 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My partner and I have being trying to conceive since July last year, when we stopped using any protection. We are both in our mid to late 20’s, working and love our families and nieces and nephews very much and feel strongly about having children young so we can do loads of activities with them that our parents could not do with us as we were both born as surprise babies to women in their 40s!

Month after month we have got our hopes up and ended up very disappointed when the results don’t go our way last month my regular 32 day cycle went to 36 I nearly died with excitement but negative tests and the arrival of aunt flow killed off that dream.

I seem to be getting quite angry about it all and thinking what if it never happens for us, I look around and see school friends with kids from one night stands, people going out for less time announcing their big news, my brother’s wife is our age has just given birth to her third. Basically I’m jealous! Jealous of everyone who has what I want! I spent 10 years trying not to have kids and now I want them I think it’s just not going to happen! I am heartbroken any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My partner and I have being trying to conceive since July last year, when we stopped using any protection. We are both in our mid to late 20’s, working and love our families and nieces and nephews very much and feel strongly about having children young so we can do loads of activities with them that our parents could not do with us as we were both born as surprise babies to women in their 40s!

Month after month we have got our hopes up and ended up very disappointed when the results don’t go our way last month my regular 32 day cycle went to 36 I nearly died with excitement but negative tests and the arrival of aunt flow killed off that dream.

I seem to be getting quite angry about it all and thinking what if it never happens for us, I look around and see school friends with kids from one night stands, people going out for less time announcing their big news, my brother’s wife is our age has just given birth to her third. Basically I’m jealous! Jealous of everyone who has what I want! I spent 10 years trying not to have kids and now I want them I think it’s just not going to happen! I am heartbroken any advice?

you need to give more details -are you tracking your cycles, do you know if and when you're ovulating. Are you tracking temps, cervical mucas or using OPKs? How often are you having sex etc - any semen analysis done on partner?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

When you say last year do you mean 2013? If so I wouldn't worry yet. 90% of couples conceive within 12 months. If you want to be proactive you could start temping and using opks to make sure you know when ovulation is. It's easy to get very consumed by that though so take it slow! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

What contraception were ye using? I was on the pill on and off for 8 years and when I came off it, it took ages to regulate my cycle and start ovulating normally again. It was a year and a half before I became pregnant. If you haven't already done it, I would advise you to pick up some cheap ovulation strip tests on the internet and start charting. It can be a long and frustrating road but getting angry or jealous won't help and will only add to your stress load and lessen your chances of conception.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you talk to your gp they will tell you to come back after you are trying for a year as not everyone conceives right away.
    Good Luck:)

Advertisement