Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Lodge Cash Into Someone Else's Account?

Options
  • 02-01-2014 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I don't have a bank account and I was wondering how to lodge money into a friends bank account with cash? How would I do that and what details would I need? Also do you have to 18 or 21 or what? I'd just like to know how it works so I can do it. 

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi SaviourOfNoobs, 

Thanks for posting. 

You can lodge cash (notes only) at the counter in a Bank of Ireland branch - you would need the account number and sort code of the account holder. There is no age limit to make a lodgement to an account. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SaviourOfNoobs

Hi SaviourOfNoobs, 

Thanks for posting. 

You can lodge cash (notes only) at the counter in a Bank of Ireland branch - you would need the account number and sort code of the account holder. There is no age limit to make a lodgement to an account. 

Thanks

Billy
    Thanks for that, Do I need a slip of paper or anything? or just their details and the money(obviously) and the clerk will do the rest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi,

You can fill out a lodgement slip with a cashier and include the amount you wish to lodge, account number and sort code. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SaviourOfNoobs

OK, That's great, but is their a fee of like €5 or something for lodging money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi SaviourOfNoobs,

Although you would not be charged to make the lodgement, the person who owns the account that you are lodging into would be subject to a 40c staff assisted transaction fee. The fee would be deducted from their account at the end of the fee quarter.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 funkybuttmonkey

Hello Bank of Ireland

I have been asked by my previous Manager if its possible to lodge an Irish Water cheque into her account on her behalf. She has left Ireland and moved back to France. Is this possible?

Thank You

Hi there,

Thanks for your post.

The cheque can be lodged by posting it to the address below.

FREEPOST,
    PO Box 12917,
    Dublin 18

You can make the lodgement in a branch with a counter service. Whichever way you choose to lodge the cheque, remember to write the payee's sort code and account number on the back.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 15 funkybuttmonkey

Hi there,

Thanks for your post.

The cheque can be lodged by posting it to the address below.

FREEPOST,
    PO Box 12917,
    Dublin 18

You can make the lodgement in a branch with a counter service. Whichever way you choose to lodge the cheque, remember to write the payee's sort code and account number on the back.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

Thanks for reply, so i don't have to lodge for her? She can lodge herself just by sending to that freepost address? Would she have to give her bank details with the cheque if she posts it?

Thanks

Hi again,

Yes, she can post it to the address given and will need to write her account number and sort code on the back of the cheque.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Hi,I need to transfer money into a northern Northern Ireland bank account, i don't have a bank account with you,will I first have to change money to sterling before I lodge into their account?

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Hi,I need to transfer money into a northern Northern Ireland bank account, i don't have a bank account with you,will I first have to change money to sterling before I lodge into their account?

Hi shamrock55,

Thanks for your post.

To make a cash lodgement to the account, you'll need to visit a Northern Ireland branch with the cash in sterling. If you're planning to transfer the funds from your bank account you'll need the IBAN and BIC for the payee's account and then check with your bank how to make the payment.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Gingles

Hi SaviourOfNoobs, 

Thanks for posting. 

Thanks

Billy
    Hi, can I lodge cash into an Ulster Bank account at your branch? I do not have a bank account, do not wish to own one or open one but need to deposit a small amount into the account of someone I owe money to. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Gingles wrote: »
    Hi SaviourOfNoobs, 

Thanks for posting. 

Thanks

Billy
    Hi, can I lodge cash into an Ulster Bank account at your branch? I do not have a bank account, do not wish to own one or open one but need to deposit a small amount into the account of someone I owe money to. 
    Hi There, 

thanks for getting in touch with us here today. You can lodge into a third party account within Bank of Ireland using a Bank of ireland or AIB visa debit card. We would suggest that you contact Ulster Bank directly for information on how best to lodge to an account within Ulster Bank. 

Thanks Jen

Advertisement