Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Summer Rumours/Predictions/Discussion Thread

Options
  • 02-01-2014 4:28pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just thought id set up a thread where everyone can talk about any possible gigs coming up during the summer .

Can be big summer gigs or festivals . If you hear a rumour or have a prediction about anything then through it in here

Then if a gig/festival is announced make an official topic .

If it doesn't work ill cry :P:P:P ha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I predict bands with upcoming European tours and or new albums due out this year will potentially play Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I have one wish for 2014 ....

An autumn album & tour from Steve Wilson ... obviously there's no chance of him playing Ireland so it'll be the UK or further afield if necessary.

Having said that ...I'll be popping along to :

The Aristocrats - Grand Social, Feb 24th
    Clutch - The Academy, May 9th

(so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Blink in the O2. Headlining reading and Leeds, new album be silly not to book them.
    Foo Fighters hopefully an indoor show. May be closer to November/December time though!

Would kill to see Metallica. But not going to happen. But maybe a day of metal/hard rock in Marley park or something. Bands such as Alice in chains and Trivium supporting a bigger act like maiden(haven't been here in years and will want to cash in on the final leg of maiden England). Promoters have really neglected this scene in recent years especially with the bigger acts!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Unless they nab Blink for T-Vital but they would need a serious support bill though.

Yea fingers crossed for a Foos indoor date for once but id still be happy with any show

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

would love to see Garth Brooks, the foo fighters and Pearl Jam play here in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Unless they nab Blink for T-Vital but they would need a serious support bill though.

Yea fingers crossed for a Foos indoor date for once but id still be happy with any show

Maybe belsonic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

Was it not Longitude they cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Yeah, I bought a Sunday day ticket (^ it was Longitude as it happens) and sold it when they cancelled.. no money lost but can't wait for the new album and the promised gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

And I didn't need to sell my ticket as MCD were doing refunds for Sunday tickets.

True dat, but as I'd bought mine on the secondary market, I had to sell it on too..

Prince touring coming soon?
    According to The Mirror, Prince is soon to announce a new UK tour.

It would be the first time the 55-year-old performer has played in the UK since his appearance at the Hop Farm Festival in 2011, and the first time he has played multiple dates since since 2007, when he appeared for 21 nights at London’s O2 Arena.

According to the newspaper, when they asked Prince’s representatives whether they could confirm a 2014 tour, the reply was: “EVERYTHING U THINK IS TRUE.”
    http://www.nme.com/news/prince/74708?recache=1&t=1231318&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=princetour#vQX47zkFh4YL7bKS.99

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Kanye in the O2 at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Arctic Monkeys for the Phoenix Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

LUPE wrote: »
    Kanye in the O2 at some stage

+1 on this. Can't see him not bringing the Yeezus tour to Europe. Rumor has it he might be headlining Glasto which is around June

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    +1 on this. Can't see him not bringing the Yeezus tour to Europe. Rumor has it he might be headlining Glasto which is around June

Yea if he is headlining Glasto i can see an outdoor show???? either Marley or Pheonix Park . Unless he does a Jay Z and come back for indoor show after the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Yea if he is headlining Glasto i can see an outdoor show???? either Marley or Pheonix Park . Unless he does a Jay Z and come back for indoor show after the summer

I'd be leaning more to an indoor show myself. Would he have the pull on his own to justify a PP or Marley Park gig? Jay Z and himself couldn't sell out two nights at the 02 in 2012 so I wouldnt be banking on 30,000 wanting to see Ye on his own.

Plus he'd get to bring that astonishing looking stage show with him round Europe. I'm guessing that would appeal to his high-art sensibilities :p

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    I'd be leaning more to an indoor show myself. Would he have the pull on his own to justify a PP or Marley Park gig? Jay Z and himself couldn't sell out two nights at the 02 in 2012 so I wouldnt be banking on 30,000 wanting to see Ye on his own.

Plus he'd get to bring that astonishing looking stage show with him round Europe. I'm guessing that would appeal to his high-art sensibilities :p

True but if you through in a decent support bill id say it will sell well but id say O2 show is more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Depending on the size of the Royal Kilmainham I could see Kanye playing there, would make sense because Arcade Fire, Pixies, Elbow are all confirmed/highly rumoured for Glasto and playing Dublin that week.

Does anyone think Vampire Weekend or Phoenix will be back to play a headline gig this summer? I think they are both touring Europe and can't remember the last time either of them made a non-festival appearance in Ireland.

Vampire Weekend did do an Arena Tour in the winter of last year but because they did longitude they skipped over us .

Well they did say Kilmainham was an intimate concert so guessing 10,000 ish? So that would rule out Kanye imo

Also Ed Sheeran making an announcement tomorrow so guessing either new album or tour

Ed Sheeran ‏
    UK and Ireland announcement coming 9am tomorrow. rest of the world will be soon but not tomorrow. sozza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Looks like Mr Sheeran is playing the o2 in October, thank god he's not doing a show in Kilmainham!

Portishead and Interpol will headline ATP Iceland 2014.

Now in its second year, the festival will take place between July 10 and 12 at the former NATO base in Keflavík, which is now called Ásbrú. Portishead will headline on July 11 and Interpol will lead the bill on July 12 alongside Icelandic acts Sóley, For a Minor Reflection, Samaris, Low Roar, and Mammút
    Read more at

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

QOTSA have announced a Austria date in August, could we expect them to play here over the summer? PP (possibly supporting AM's if they play PP)? EP? Belsonic?

eldest200 wrote: »
    QOTSA have announced a Austria date in August, could we expect them to play here over the summer? PP (possibly supporting AM's if they play PP)? EP? Belsonic?

They would be too big for Belsonic imo after 2 sold out arena shows last year in Ireland . Im really hoping they are booked for EP . With also strongly rumoured to headline Reading/Leeds 22nd/24th August so hopefully they stick around Europe till the following weekend for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

With also strongly rumoured to headline Reading/Leeds 22nd/24th August so hopefully they stick around Europe till the following weekend for EP

If they headline R + L I'm pretty sure they'll be at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Portishead and Interpol will headline ATP Iceland 2014.

Now in its second year, the festival will take place between July 10 and 12 at the former NATO base in Keflavík, which is now called Ásbrú. Portishead will headline on July 11 and Interpol will lead the bill on July 12 alongside Icelandic acts Sóley, For a Minor Reflection, Samaris, Low Roar, and Mammút
    Read more at

Longitude maybe for one/either?

They would be too big for Belsonic imo after 2 sold out arena shows last year in Ireland . Im really hoping they are booked for EP . With also strongly rumoured to headline Reading/Leeds 22nd/24th August so hopefully they stick around Europe till the following weekend for EP

My mate sent me pic of the TM board in Stephens Green, it had all upcoming gigs for this year with QOTSA in it for the o2. Id assume a glitch, but hopefully a show will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Mushy wrote: »
    My mate sent me pic of the TM board in Stephens Green, it had all upcoming gigs for this year with QOTSA in it for the o2. Id assume a glitch, but hopefully a show will happen.

Whenever they play, I just hope it's not in July as I'll be out of the country.
    I'm already missing The National and that's annoying as it is.

Mushy wrote: »

Think id rather them do EP :P just to be selfish ha . Any other gigs up on the board not announced?

• Advertisement

Whenever they play, I just hope it's not in July as I'll be out of the country.
    I'm already missing The National and that's annoying as it is.

It won't be July. Their last Euro show is mid-June, then they return mid-August.
    Think id rather them do EP :P just to be selfish ha . Any other gigs up on the board not announced?

Really hope they wouldn't do EP...a sweet little Olympia show in prep for Reading thank you very much.

Are Maroon 5 or the Lumineers playing anytime soon?

Advertisement