Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Summer Rumours/Predictions/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »

Really hope they wouldn't do EP...a sweet little Olympia show in prep for Reading thank you very much.

Are Maroon 5 or the Lumineers playing anytime soon?

Or Olympia date before EP :P ha . Maroon 5 are in dublin this month and Lumineers were here in Nov last year? But are back in Europe during the summer

1557662_10152121239301648_109738831_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Mushy wrote: »
    It won't be July. Their last Euro show is mid-June, then they return mid-August.

Really hope they wouldn't do EP...a sweet little Olympia show in prep for Reading thank you very much.

Ive heard that The National Will play the marquee this June again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

poteen wrote: »
    Ive heard that The National Will play the marquee this June again.

Thats been announced, tis in July!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

I'm hoping for Robbie Williams to do a Dublin date this summer but starting to have doubts now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Robbie Williams to do a Dublin date this summer but starting to have doubts now :(
    Belfast is a whole hour and a half from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Belfast is a whole hour and a half from Dublin.

Well more like 2 and half but I just want to see him in my own town too. I'm being selfish lol Katy Perry didn't announce a Dublin date either!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    Well more like 2 and half but I just want to see him in my own town too. I'm being selfish lol Katy Perry didn't announce a Dublin date either!
    If ya get the bus maybe!! its 2 hours on train and approx an hour an a half driving sorry I'm a Tipp man and over 90% of the time there is only 2 areas of the country artists go to Dublin or Belfast so it's nearly 3 hours min to get to Dublin the extra stretch to Belfast not gonna kill me so yeah in a sense it's quite annoying to hear Dubliners complain that a particular gig isn't on their doorstep yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

What's the chances of Kings of Leon or Arctic Monkeys playing here this year? Both haven't played an arena gig for a good while now :(...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

sheroman01 wrote: »
    What's the chances of Kings of Leon or Arctic Monkeys playing here this year? Both haven't played an arena gig for a good while now :(...

Arctic Monkeys are almost guaranteed to be playing Phoenix Park between the 11th-13th July 2014.

Not too sure about the Kings of Leon but if you see them being announced for T in the Park in Scotland, you can take it they will also play Phoenix Park.

Phoenix Park gigs are generally announced in late February/early March.

They might return in early 2015 for an O2 gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

With Hardwell playing Belfasts Odyssey and not scheduled for the 02,and Oxegen possibly not returning couild we expect a dance gig in Marlay Park this summer?
    Hardwell and Aviici?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

raven136 wrote: »
    With Hardwell playing Belfasts Odyssey and not scheduled for the 02,and Oxegen possibly not returning couild we expect a dance gig in Marlay Park this summer?
    Hardwell and Aviici?

Doubt it, the only gig on in Marlay Park this summer is Longtitude. Outdoor venues usually only get licenses for 3 days maximum per year so that's Marlay Park booked for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

JJ wrote: »
    Doubt it, the only gig on in Marlay Park this summer is Longtitude. Outdoor venues usually only get licenses for 3 days maximum per year so that's Marlay Park booked for the summer.

Not always the case!!

Arcade Fire are playing a major outdoor gig at Marlay Park on 29th June 2014. So that's 4 confirmed days already for the venue, including Longitude.

I'm also pretty sure Phoenix Park was granted 4 day licences in 2012 & 2013 but in both cases, did not avail of the Friday night option.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Apparantly Kings Of Leon will play the Aviva this summer......so I heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Yes Arcade Fire has not sold out "YET" since its only been onsale for less than 2 months but will easily sell out before the gig happens . As said Guetta was only a capacity of 22,000 while AF will def be more than that

I never thought Arcade Fire would have enough of an Irish following to sell out Marley Park, thought an O2 show seemed more likely. But that is my personal opinion, I can't stand them.

Maybe I am just bitter that Metallica are in the UK the following week and MCD didn't bother booking them :P

I never thought Arcade Fire would have enough of an Irish following to sell out Marley Park, thought an O2 show seemed more likely. But that is my personal opinion, I can't stand them.

Maybe I am just bitter that Metallica are in the UK the following week and MCD didn't bother booking them :P

True but they sold out the o2 last time (although they did have Vampire Weekend) . I think it will sell fairly well and will prob sell out closer to the date when they announce another band on the bill.

In other news

Outkast ‏
    Outkast will return to the stage with a full festival run of over 40 dates to celebrate 20 years. #Outkast20 - Team Outkast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

True but they sold out the o2 last time (although they did have Vampire Weekend) . I think it will sell fairly well and will prob sell out closer to the date when they announce another band on the bill.

In other news

Outkast ‏

Great news,would love to see them here

Bombs over Baghdad,one of the greatest if not greatest hip hop tracks ever

1558469_10151951816938843_1474547069_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Apparantly Kings Of Leon will play the Aviva this summer......so I heard!

Just when i thought the summer couldnt get much worse than 1D in Croker..

In better news..
    AM expectted to play Reading so dont rule them out for something in August either..

Hooefully the american dates would mean a Foos date.. or even Muse, who apparently are playing Berlin in june.. could easily be PP.

Expecting one iof them to be Slane if goes ahead this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Just when i thought the summer couldnt get much worse than 1D in Croker..

In better news..
    AM expectted to play Reading so dont rule them out for something in August either..

Hooefully the american dates would mean a Foos date.. or even Muse, who apparently are playing Berlin in june.. could easily be PP.

Expecting one iof them to be Slane if goes ahead this year.

id imagine arctic monkeys could PP seeing as theyre headlining t in the park
    plus i think ac/dc could be a big shout for slane as theyre doing their 40year anniversary tour this year

• Advertisement

AM for T-Vital?
    Kasabian or Prodigy or Outkast for EP
    Foo's with QOTSA for Slane (I can only dream ha)

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    id imagine arctic monkeys could PP seeing as theyre headlining t in the park
    plus i think ac/dc could be a big shout for slane as theyre doing their 40year anniversary tour this year

No confirmatiin from.anywhere. afaik that ac/dc are touring though.. at least we know the foos are..
    Rumours from Green Day sites that a Dookie/American Idiot tour is in the works after the Soundwave tour, but no confirmation.. much like ac/dc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

No confirmatiin from.anywhere. afaik that ac/dc are touring though.. at least we know the foos are..
    Rumours from Green Day sites that a Dookie/American Idiot tour is in the works after the Soundwave tour, but no confirmation.. much like ac/dc

not sure if its reliable but.. http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/acdc-confirm-tour-2014-6461266

if true theyd surely be a serious contender for slane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

No confirmatiin from.anywhere. afaik that ac/dc are touring )though.. at least we know the foos are..

Green Day are due to go on hiatus after Soundwave. They already celebrated Dookie by playing it in full at Brixton (I was there it was awesome), reading and Leeds

For American Idiot, it's rumoured they will finally release the making of documentary of that album which has been in production limbo for the last 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

is forbidden fruit taking place this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    is forbidden fruit taking place this summer?

I can't see why not. They are actively posting on Facebook as far as I remember, pushing POD gigs and the like.

Think there may have been a 'To be announced in 2014' sort of post before Christmas.

Would be gutted if it didn,t go ahead, great little festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I can't see why not. They are actively posting on Facebook as far as I remember, pushing POD gigs and the like.

Think there may have been a 'To be announced in 2014' sort of post before Christmas.

Would be gutted if it didn,t go ahead, great little festival.

hope so! ive been last few years and its very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MCD are running all the IMMA gigs announced so far, last year POD did them all, including Forbidden Fruit, so it's possible that MCD have some sort of exclusivity deal on the site this year.
    Will see in the next couple of months I suppose.

Green Day are due to go on hiatus after Soundwave. They already celebrated Dookie by playing it in full at Brixton (I was there it was awesome), reading and Leeds

For American Idiot, it's rumoured they will finally release the making of documentary of that album which has been in production limbo for the last 10 years
    On the hiatus, on instagrqm around fforeverly time, Mike said.'don't believe everything you read ;)'
    Just saw it rumoured, admittedly unlikely.

Has Oxegen as a thing just been scrapped?

• Advertisement

Outkast will headline:

- CounterPoint Music Festival, April 25-27 in Kingston Downs, GA
    - Big Guava Music Festival, May 2-4 at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa, FL
    - The Hangout Beach, Music and Arts Festival, May 16-18 on the beaches of Gulf Shores, AL
    - The Governors Ball Music Festival, June 6-8 on Randall's Island, NYC

‪#‎Outkast20‬ - Team Outkast

Advertisement