Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Summer Rumours/Predictions/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Reported in today's Star that The Rolling Stones in talks for an Aviva date July mentioned

the price of the tickets will be high

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    the price of the tickets will be high
    Without a doubt paid over 70 bob I think to see them in Slane that was 07. Great to catch them no doubt but one of those bands I wouldn't exactly be rushing to see them again.

Wouldnt take anything in any tabloid as gospel of course but they have been right in the past before gigs were set in stone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can see €80/€90

Can see €80/€90
    Ya Id say so aren't the Eagles tickets €100, crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Anyone reckon we'll get a Steel Panther gig this summer?

They have a new album out in April that they are touring in Europe now(no Ireland date), could see them maybe swing back over this way during festival season.

I was on holidays at the weekend and managed to catch one of their shows and it was the best craic I've ever had at a gig in my life! Have they ever played Ireland before?

• Advertisement

Flaming Lips are playing 4 gigs in the UK ending May 29th. Perfect timing for a June bank holiday weekend appearance at Forbidden Fruit.

No confirmation the festival is actually happening though but could see them headlining again.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-flaming-lips/75405

10776_638949896164089_1112566688_n.jpg

Was gonna say Indie headliners but White Lies have headlined before and dont think Dizzee would be booked. Plus Fratellis played last year

lc180 wrote: »
    Anyone reckon we'll get a Steel Panther gig this summer?

They have a new album out in April that they are touring in Europe now(no Ireland date), could see them maybe swing back over this way during festival season.

I was on holidays at the weekend and managed to catch one of their shows and it was the best craic I've ever had at a gig in my life! Have they ever played Ireland before?

Dunno if theyll play here they are great craic alright saw them at Donnington in 12, Tenacious D couldn't follow them also sunny day, loads of beer and boobs everywhere couldn't ask for more,underlying the spoof element they are brilliant musicians and put some serious acts to shame.

Never played Ireland but they join a long list of acts on the festival circuit this year whoved never played here too such as Alter Bridge,Rob Zombie,Skindred etc.

I'll be catching them again in Austria in the summer but their last scheduled date in summer is 15th of June back at Donnington more to be announced though I'm sure. I'd imagine it would be the Academy if they came it's booked for Trivium on the 17th so it prob rules out that day I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

lc180 wrote: »
    Flaming Lips are playing 4 gigs in the UK ending May 29th. Perfect timing for a June bank holiday weekend appearance at Forbidden Fruit.

No confirmation the festival is actually happening though but could see them headlining again.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-flaming-lips/75405
    flaming lips played FF couple of years ago so could return

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

FF seems to be going ahead anyway:
    www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2014/02/11/the-fields-are-calling-festival-republic-2014/
    POD, meanwhile, are booking away for Forbidden Fruit, which will also feature various nighttime events in the city-centre over the June bank holiday weekend.

• Advertisement

Usually FF dont announce till April March time so plenty of time

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

as guessed, Lord Henry announced there will be no Slane concert this year

as guessed, Lord Henry announced there will be no Slane concert this year

Id love to see Springsteen there to play since it would be 30 years since he last played Slane

Id love to see Springsteen there to play since it would be 30 years since he last played Slane

He did add that they’re in discussions for an act to headline the gig in the summer of 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

He did add that they’re in discussions for an act to headline the gig in the summer of 2015

Could U2 do Slane again?

AC/DC plan to mark 40th anniversary with new album and world tour

Same weekend as EP and shared a few of the same acts as EP in their line-up last year.

web-announcement1c.jpg?1392842843016

Yea was thinking we could be seeing the Lips at EP this year

T in the Park ‏
    We've a wee line up announcement to whet your appetite at 8am tmrw #staytuned #tasTer #titp2014 #announcement #sweeTdreams ✌️

Can see Macklemore and Ryan Lewis being confirmed as headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I haven't seen any hint of an announcement re Forbidden Fruit for 2014 - is it happening this year? Anyone have any info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I haven't seen any hint of an announcement re Forbidden Fruit for 2014 - is it happening this year? Anyone have any info?
    according to Jim Carroll, acts were/are being booked, so it should be going ahead.
    it's usually announced around the end of Feb, so I would imagine there'll be an announcement in the next few weeks...

T in the Park ‏

Can see Macklemore and Ryan Lewis being confirmed as headliners

Paolo Nutini added to the T in the Park line-up. More act announced tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Full T in the Park line-up announcement on BBC Radio 1 tonight at 7pm with Zane Lowe.

Macklemore/Ryan Lewis are almost nailed on for a headline slot given that they play Marlay Park on the 10th July.

I'm guessing KoL are strong candidates for the remaining headline slot. However, if some other act were to be confirmed then we could be seeing them hit Marlay Park on the Friday 11th or Sunday 13th July.

Of course Biffy Clyro may get the opportunity which won't have an effect over here as the IMMA gig been announced. Eminem also being tipped as a possible headliner.

Full T in the Park line-up announcement on BBC Radio 1 tonight at 7pm with Zane Lowe.

Macklemore/Ryan Lewis are almost nailed on for a headline slot given that they play Marlay Park on the 10th July.

I'm guessing KoL are strong candidates for the remaining headline slot. However, if some other act were to be confirmed then we could be seeing them hit Marlay Park on the Friday 11th or Sunday 13th July.

Of course Biffy Clyro may get the opportunity which won't have an effect over here as the IMMA gig been announced. Eminem also being tipped as a possible headliner.

I think kol already announced an Scottish indoor show , so might rule them out . Biffy could be a good shout

Nile Rogers & Chic announced as the Sunday night headliners at Bestival.

http://vimeo.com/87584755

TITP announcement there . Presume Biffy and Calvin are doing a similar slot as IOW

EDIT: Forgot that AM were the only headliner so Biffy and Calvin are not co headliners . Can see Macklemore maybe subbing Calvin or 2nd stage headliners against Biffy or AM

Oasis announcement tomorrow at 9am.

Rumours on-line of a reunion for 20th anniversary tour of Definitely Maybe. But more than likely just an announcement on a mastered re-release of the album.

the benicassim line up is fairly good!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    the benicassim line up is fairly good!

information overload

• Advertisement

sea sessions announcing some of its line up nxt week

Advertisement