Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Summer Rumours/Predictions/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

lc180 wrote: »
    Oasis announcement tomorrow at 9am.

Rumours on-line of a reunion for 20th anniversary tour of Definitely Maybe. But more than likely just an announcement on a mastered re-release of the album.

Just album..
    Think oasis touring again is dead in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Just album..
    Think oasis touring again is dead in the water.

Yep no loss really!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Yep no loss really!
    class live in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    class live in fairness

I've only seen them once and it was at Slane. I wasn't overly impressed. Thought they were going through the motions and there was obvious tensions between Noel & Liam.

I've seen Noel play since and he comes across as a hell of a lot happier on stage and looks like he doesn't miss the drama of playing in Oasis.

I've only seen them once and it was at Slane. I wasn't overly impressed. Thought they were going through the motions and there was obvious tensions between Noel & Liam.

I've seen Noel play since and he comes across as a hell of a lot happier on stage and looks like he doesn't miss the drama of playing in Oasis.
    ye i think they split soon after that slane gig so there was tensions. saw noel at marlay park was good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Echo & the Bunnymen are announcing European dates tomorrow, pretty much guaranteed we'll see a Dublin gig right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Echo & the Bunnymen are announcing European dates tomorrow, pretty much guaranteed we'll see a Dublin gig right?

Hopefully so, and maybe at the olympia, i was at the "Ocean Rain" gig in the olympia and it was fantastic, with the strings setup , it was brilliant great mix of the hits plus the full playing of ocean rain. Met Will Sergeant after the gig in the pub next door and got an autograph and picture taken with him, top bloke, dead sound :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Nile Rogers & Chic announced as the Sunday night headliners at Bestival.

Hoping they'll play an Irish gig... maybe EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I haven't seen any hint of an announcement re Forbidden Fruit for 2014 - is it happening this year? Anyone have any info?

There's a mention at the top of their website that a 2014 announcement is coming soon.

http://www.forbiddenfruit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

They are really running it tight on time for FF, considering March begins on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ye going to announce any acts for FF soon?
    Like · Reply · 2 · February 24 at 8:40pm

Forbidden Fruit Festival
    Soon Eddie! Very soon.

So id say in before end of March

With 2 Door Cinema Club not being announced for Longitude i can see them headlining FF maybe with Foals subbing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Foals are playing Primavera that weekend, and their Olympia shows recently were with MCD, so more likely to be playing EP.
    lots of acts with MCD shows from Jan-April end up playing EP.

TDCC have only announced 3 gigs for 2014 so far, and seem to be working on their next album at he moment, so wouldn't expect too many shows to be announced.

Foals are playing Primavera that weekend, and their Olympia shows recently were with MCD, so more likely to be playing EP.

TDCC have only announced 3 gigs for 2014 so far, and seem to be working on their next album at he moment, so wouldn't expect too many shows to be announced.

True but Kasabian were MCD too but they still played last year . Although you could be right since some contracts can say if you play a gig with us "you cannot play another gig in Ireland for another X amount of months" So that could mean Foals will do EP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

oh yeah good point, maybe because Kasabian's was nearly 10months later it fell outside that clause if there was one in the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yussss! That means Moderat will definitely be nailed for EP hopefully.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

if foals play EP im goin regardless of the rest of line up. missed them at olympia was away

Placebo are around Europe in June , Forbidden Fruit?

1655691_10152320483141255_471420836_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Possibility of NiN for FF ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

s8n wrote: »
    Possibility of NiN for FF ?
    No hope

• Advertisement

No hope

Probably right but would be serious if they did play . NIN/Placebo combo would be good (if placebo are on form)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

so who do we think will play FF ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Probably right but would be serious if they did play . NIN/Placebo combo would be good (if placebo are on form)

No probably about it I'm afraid, they play Primerva sound on the 31st and Toulouse on the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

s8n wrote: »
    so who do we think will play FF ?

I suppose, think of bands who have played EP/Oxe over the last five years that haven't been booked by Longitude.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

No probably about it I'm afraid, they play Primerva sound on the 31st and Toulouse on the 1st.

Ah didnt realise they were busy that weekend

Outkast Official
    Outkast will perform at:

- Roskilde Festival, June 29-July 6 in Roskilde, Denmark
    - splash! Festival, July 11-13 in Ferropolis, Germany
    - The Øya Festival, August 5-9 in Oslo, Norway
    - Way Out West, August 8-9 in Gothenburg, Sweden
    - Flow Festival Helsinki, August 8-9 in Helsinki, Finland
    - Rock 'n' Heim, August 15-17 in Hockenheim, Germany

‪#‎Outkast20‬ - Team Outkast

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

What are the chances of anymore big named gigs being put on for the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jackmca1

there'll probably be one more big announcement, iv heard rumours that the stones will be playing here in the summer , then EP and FF will be the only other major announcements.
    FF early bird tickets on-sale in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

tennants vital still has to be announced i think

• Advertisement

tennants vital still has to be announced i think

Blink with Paramore could be possible?

Advertisement