Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sennheiser Wireless Headphones

Options
  • 02-01-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi I'm on the lookout for a good pair of wireless headphones mainly so that I can watch a movie with good clear sound. I'm also a gamer and like my music but my main reason for buying is to hook up to my new tv (Panasonic 50" gt60 plasma)

I'm strongly thinking of going for the Sennheiser RS-180 as they are only £169.00 on Amazon.uk. I've also considered the Astros and the new turtle beach phantom headphones (they're the call of duty ghosts special edition). I am a gamer but don't use the chat unless I'm playing fifa or BF4 with my mates and I find the little ear piece mic that comes with the PS4 to be perfect as it separates the audio + commentary to the tv while the chat comes solely through the mic. This was something I found annoying with my last pair of turtle beach PX5's when trying to talk while playing fifa online with mates. I also found the TB PX5's would dropout in sound for a split second, even when I was sitting directly in line with the wireless transmitter. Annoying when watching tv.

The bad thing is with the Sennheiser RS- 180's is they're not Bluetooth which would come in handy for listening to my iPod. They are also 2 years old so maybe there are better options out there that I don't know about.

I can't seem to make a final decision. Any recommendations, would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Had Sennheiser wireless for a few days a couple of years ago. RS-140s from memory and wasn't impressed. I was surprised as I'm generally a Sennheiser fan.

Found the sound wasn't good at all - fuzzy and hissy.

Took them back and went for Panasonic instead, another brand that generally impresses. Very happy with them even a few years on.
    Try the RP-WF950. Currys have them for around €99 at the moment.

Hope this helps
    I'm strongly thinking of going for the Sennheiser RS-180 as they are only £169.00 on Amazon.uk. I've also considered the Astros and the new turtle beach phantom headphones (they're the call of duty ghosts special edition). I am a gamer but don't use the chat unless I'm playing fifa or BF4 with my mates and I find the little ear piece mic that comes with the PS4 to be perfect as it separates the audio + commentary to the tv while the chat comes solely through the mic. This was something I found annoying with my last pair of turtle beach PX5's when trying to talk while playing fifa online with mates. I also found the TB PX5's would dropout in sound for a split second, even when I was sitting directly in line with the wireless transmitter. Annoying when watching tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

I have the Sennheiser RS170s.

Chose them ahead of the RS180s as they are close cup so I'm not disturbing anyone else with them.

They use a completely different technology to the RS140s galvo_clare references.

Highly recommend them. They are wireless rather than RF so sound is always crystal clear.

Advertisement