Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

winter sun for solo male traveller

• 02-01-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone might recommend a destination for some winter sun for a solo early 30s male traveller later this month or early next?

Preferably somewhere close to a lengthy beach where I can walk/run each day, see a few sights, maybe catch a bit of nightlife.

Was thinking one of the Canary Islands...anywhere in the Caribbean?

Have looked on some of the sites of companies that cater for single travellers...but nothing really jumps out at me though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

It's high season in the Carribean so you need to factor in airfare (and single supplement cost if booking through a travel agent.)

Fuerteventura has fabulous beaches (Oliva Beach) plus a quietly laid back nightlife.

Miami again has wonderful beaches, US hotels rent by the room rather than per person but I would recommend renting a studio apartment.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

thanks for the suggestions. Fuerteventura looking like a good option, shortest flying time as well. Will look into it a bit more.

Not keen on Miami as hope to travel to the US later in the Spring.

Barbados looking expensive enough and it involves plane changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Was in the same boat myself in october. I was looking at the usual places. But decided on vegas. Got a very good price for 7 days for flights and accomadation. (900 quid)
    there is loads of class shows/concerts to see , stuff to do.

Get a hotel with a nice pool. I stayed at excalibur it had 4 pools. The strip doesnt be too busy in the mornings and you can go for a lovely run down it. Loads of food options. Lots of bars etc. I wanted to do cuba but was expensive and felt i wouldnt get the benefit in just a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

thanks for the suggestion, but Vegas doesn't really appeal for a number of reasons.

Can't see that I'd enjoy it and may be going to US west coast later in the Spring anyway.
    Was in the same boat myself in october. I was looking at the usual places. But decided on vegas. Got a very good price for 7 days for flights and accomadation. (900 quid)
    there is loads of class shows/concerts to see , stuff to do.

Get a hotel with a nice pool. I stayed at excalibur it had 4 pools. The strip doesnt be too busy in the mornings and you can go for a lovely run down it. Loads of food options. Lots of bars etc. I wanted to do cuba but was expensive and felt i wouldnt get the benefit in just a week.

Advertisement