Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Brake Pads

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alanooh

I got a set of Brembo sintered pads from morrisonbhp in Cork delivered next day, stopping power from them is unreal.

I had EBC before that (not HH) good but these are just fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Alanooh wrote: »
    I got a set of Brembo sintered pads from morrisonbhp in Cork delivered next day, stopping power from them is unreal.

I had EBC before that (not HH) good but these are just fantastic.

What bike are they fitted to?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What bike are they fitted to?

GSXR1000 K8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

GSXR1000 K8

To be fair you can't compare hh pads with organic.

corkgsxr wrote: »
    To be fair you can't compare hh pads with organic.

Hence the reason I stated they weren't HH.

Bit of research online with EBC HH eating discs was bit of a turn off.

• Advertisement

Hence the reason I stated they weren't HH.

Bit of research online with EBC HH eating discs was bit of a turn off.

Iv 22 k miles on a gsxr 600 that solely used ebc hh and there's still no noticeable lip.

Point of hh vs organic was more for others

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

I use HH on front and rear of all my bikes, and have never had an issue with the pads or the discs from using them. But to be honest, for MOST (not all) people on bikes on the road, the standard pads are more than enough. I dont think it makes as much of a difference for road use as people say it does. A lot of it is in peoples heads, theyre told 'these are better', so they think they are.

Pipz wrote: »
    I use HH on front and rear of all my bikes, and have never had an issue with the pads or the discs from using them. But to be honest, for MOST (not all) people on bikes on the road, the standard pads are more than enough. I dont think it makes as much of a difference for road use as people say it does. A lot of it is in peoples heads, theyre told 'these are better', so they think they are.

Do you lock the rear up at all with the HH on the back, I use the back brake a hell of alot and never really considered HH on the back TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Do you lock the rear up at all with the HH on the back, I use the back brake a hell of alot and never really considered HH on the back TBH.

On the road I've never locked up the rear with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I use HH on front and back too. Never had any issues and I don't find them snatchy or locking up too easily.

I'd be interested to see what 10 years of HH brakes would do to a disc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I use HH on front and back too. Never had any issues and I don't find them snatchy or locking up too easily.

I have to say. For the improvement given by HH pads on my bike, even if I had to replace the discs every 5 years I would be happy with that.

Tzardine wrote: »
    I have to say. For the improvement given by HH pads on my bike, even if I had to replace the discs every 5 years I would be happy with that.

Yeah same here, TBH I have got them on my last 2 bikes straight away after I bought them. Find them excellent.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm due to change my front pads now actually and was wondering what to put on the blade. A lot of people just recommend standard so not sure if any point in getting anything better. I'm also going to get my Hell brake lines fitted and new levers which hopefully should improve things. Currently mine shudder the odd time, not sure why.

P.S. How much do you guys use your back brake? I used to use it a lot on past bikes but almost never any more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Tend to use the back brakes only when I'm going way to fast into a corner and need to slow down pronto, or I'll either end up on the far side of the road, or the bike will slip out under heavy front braking.

So all the time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm due to change my front pads now actually and was wondering what to put on the blade. A lot of people just recommend standard so not sure if any point in getting anything better. I'm also going to get my Hell brake lines fitted and new levers which hopefully should improve things. Currently mine shudder the odd time, not sure why.

P.S. How much do you guys use your back brake? I used to use it a lot on past bikes but almost never any more!

Standard pads are fine for road use just don't buy cheap ****e to save money and you'll be grand.
    As for the rear - I only ever use it to lock the back and slide or the odd time when I'm caught in a monsoon and going slow in traffic.
    To actually stop - never! I'd recommend the lean it more option if you think you are too hot into a corner as opposed to using either brake!

11 years and stopped after horsing it up a mountain road

As sed no lip

At the end of the day its gonna be down to personal preference, but there is no doubting the quality of the pads.

Advertisement