Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Button not working in Chrome when on www.youtube.com

Options
  • 02-01-2014 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Annoying problem. If I search for something in Chrome and click on a youtube result I'm unable then to go back to the search results. Chrome won't allow me to go back past the video. I've uninstalled YouTube from Chrome Apps and before anyone asks, youtube isn't opening in a new tab!!

This has only started happening the last few weeks but has become increasingly annoying.

FYI I'm running Windows 8.1 (this problem occurred after the update to 8.1but not straight away) and my version of Chrome is 31.0.1650.63 m which is showing as being fully up to date.

Anyone experienced this problem and know what the solution is?

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Try uninstalling and reinstalling chrome..

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

Did you try click-hold on the Back button and see what other pages you can roll back to?

Does the "Backspace" button work?
    (you'll need to make sure the cursor isn't resting in an input field or address bar)

Did you install another Chrome plugin recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Clear your Internet history, more specifically your Cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

If on PC, try using ALT + Left Arrow to go back or ALT + Right Arrow to go forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks Guys,

Will try those suggestions.

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

FYI uninstalling and reinstalling chrome did the trick. Thanks guys.

Ben

Advertisement