Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will win more world championships? Lewis or MvG

• 02-01-2014 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Who will have more world titles in 20 years time? I think Lewis, but it's very hard to call.

Who will win more PDC world championships? 21 votes

Lewis
    0% 0 votes
    MvG
    100% 21 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

mvg can win ten or more if he puts his mind to it, the first 1 is got,he wont be as nervous anymore, id love him to whip taylor 7 zip in a final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Think it's going to keep getting more and more open as the years go on.

Winning 5 would be a fantastic achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Will be hard alright for them to get 5 or more, with the likes of Michael Smith and Max Hopp coming on the scene. Have to remember too that Taylor isn't finished yet and the likes of Wade and Anderson are desperate for World Titles too

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

hi guys i dont know where else to ask this but does anyone know the name of the song that peter wright walks out to?

diceyd wrote: »
    hi guys i dont know where else to ask this but does anyone know the name of the song that peter wright walks out to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Wright_(darts_player)

look on the right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

diceyd wrote: »

'Don't stop the party' by 'Pit bull'

I think they'll win a minimum of 4 each. I could see one of them winning 7 or 8, but nobody will ever dominate like Taylor again. The level of competition is too high these days, and it's only getting higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

barone wrote: »

thats great,cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

'Don't stop the party' by 'Pit bull'

I think they'll win a minimum of 4 each. I could see one of them winning 7 or 8, but nobody will ever dominate like Taylor again. The level of competition is too high these days, and it's only getting higher.

Plus1 to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I think Lewis. Dont know why though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I think lewis because I think he'll play longer. I can see MVG randomly retiring at 30 whereas I think i'll be looking at lewis awkwardly kissing men for the next 20 years

• Advertisement

Iang87 wrote: »
    I think lewis because I think he'll play longer. I can see MVG randomly retiring at 30

You always make crazy predictions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

mdwexford wrote: »
    You always make crazy predictions?

No I just get the feeling that darts is a bigger part of lewis life than MVG to be honest, MVG said he doesnt like watching darts and doesn't pay much attention to whats going on outside his own matches. In time I just think that it could become a bit of a chore for him if things stop going well whereas with lewis he strikes me as a bit obsessed with the game and the world title, using last year as an example where he was positively shocking all year and still put it together for the world championship.

Could be wrong and i'm probably reading too much into it, MVG said these things after his first round in the worlds this year.

being the best is all mvg cares about, beating taylors record would be incentive enough for him

Toss of a coin, it's surely almost impossible to say. When Priestley was no. 1 and World Champion in the mid 90s, I suspect many would have seen him as a long term challenger to Taylor, but that didn't happen. So much can happen, look at Bristow, unstoppable and then hit by dartitis.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Gotta say MVG he is mentally much stronger than lewis and doesnt let things affect him on stage the way lewis has in the past.

Also lewis in my opinion is looking more and more unhealthy every year and this has to catch up with him at some point.

Granted taylor has always carried weight but his mental strength is second to none so he gets away with it Imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

barone wrote: »
    being the best is all mvg cares about, beating taylors record would be incentive enough for him

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

DuckHook wrote: »
    Gotta say MVG he is mentally much stronger than lewis and doesnt let things affect him on stage the way lewis has in the past.

Also lewis in my opinion is looking more and more unhealthy every year and this has to catch up with him at some point.

Granted taylor has always carried weight but his mental strength is second to none so he gets away with it Imo.

^^This. If he doesn't watch himself he won't be anywhere near MVG in 10 years time nevermind 20

Van Gerwen has piled on weight himself over the last few years.

Lewis does need to do something about his though, looking fatter and fatter every time he's on tv.
    Got to affect him with the heat on stage, going to keel over some day if he doesn't slim down a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Whippersnappers :)
    media_xl_753643.jpg
    AdrianLewis3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Sure didn't Taylor's game get worse when he was on that fitness kick a few years back?

Darts players don't adhere to normal rules of health and performances. Even Andy Fordham was handy at his peak weight.

There's a point where it goes too far but let's not cod ourselves and think you can't carry a lot of weight and still be a top darts player.

• Advertisement

Taylor is much trimmer now than he was about 7-8 years ago.

Losing weight and not being as affected by the heat on stage would help every player I'd imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 DerpKehoe

Taylor has lost a good bit of weight. It isn't the weight loss that affects your game. You have to find a training regime that doesn't hinder your darts regime.

DerpKehoe wrote: »
    Taylor has lost a good bit of weight. It isn't the weight loss that affects your game. You have to find a training regime that doesn't hinder your darts regime.

I think it can, I think Andy Fordham spoke of how he had to adjust his throwing after his weight loss. And golfers like Harrington often speak about how you have to adjust the swing as one bulks up or loses weight, the dynamics change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 DerpKehoe

Lewis doesn't need to become slimmer of the year, just drop a couple of stone. Drastic weight change would have an effect but he was never built like an athlete. Just needs to get it under control and he would be fine.

I think it can, I think Andy Fordham spoke of how he had to adjust his throwing after his weight loss. And golfers like Harrington often speak about how you have to adjust the swing as one bulks up or loses weight, the dynamics change.

Using andy fordham as an example is a stretch, the man lost over 10 stone and his entire body shape would have changed dramtically. Lewis imo looks like a man that enjoys a lot of pints and processed food, making some positive changes is a hell of a difference to losing 10 stone.

DuckHook wrote: »
    Using andy fordham as an example is a stretch, the man lost over 10 stone and his entire body shape would have changed dramtically. Lewis imo looks like a man that enjoys a lot of pints and processed food, making some positive changes is a hell of a difference to losing 10 stone.

Oh I appreciate Fordham's change was dramatic, but Padraig Harrington's thoughts were interesting. He has had some weight fluctuations and spoke of how he has had to do this gradually while practising so his body adjusts to accommodate for the change in the whole biomechanics of his action.

Oh I appreciate Fordham's change was dramatic, but Padraig Harrington's thoughts were interesting. He has had some weight fluctuations and spoke of how he has had to do this gradually while practising so his body adjusts to accommodate for the change in the whole biomechanics of his action.

Harrington is mental though..he went through a swing change after winning 3 majors..

Its an interesting debate though in fairness and shows that a lot of the dart players have enough talent to find a way to play with all the extra weigh.

Advertisement