Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frankencampers

Options
  • 02-01-2014 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭

Not naming any names here but I was looking at a Chausson recently that had a very old looking body on a newer (04) chassis.
    Now I know that there is a crossover period from most manufacturers where new and old models are produced in the same year and registration can take some time, but why would a bodystyle that finished 2+yrs ago be on a more recent chassis?
    I haven't seen any others of the same year with the same body they all have the new style fibreglass finish not aluminium.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Not naming any names here but I was looking at a Chausson recently that had a very old looking body on a newer (04) chassis.
    Now I know that there is a crossover period from most manufacturers where new and old models are produced in the same year and registration can take some time, but why would a bodystyle that finished 2+yrs ago be on a more recent chassis?
    I haven't seen any others of the same year with the same body they all have the new style fibreglass finish not aluminium.

Perhaps an economy model using older technologies/designs.

The only way to know for sure if something is amiss is to know the model/year of both the base vehicle and the coachbuilt part.

Also, it is not uncommon to see 'old' stock to carrying a 'newer' number plate as the Reg. No. is determined by the date of first registration not when the vehicle was built. This can be more obvious if a noticeable base vehicle change/modification/model replacement took place between build and registration.

I have seen an '08 plate on an '02 > '06 second generation Ducato chassis/cab

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

[QUOTE=niloc1951;

I have seen an '08 plate on an '02 > '06 second generation Ducato chassis/cab[/QUOTE]

Saw one myself, might be the same one, had to have a second look to be sure.
    bet he got a bit of discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

My camer is an 1985 chasiss registered in 1987...mk2 Transit...Mk3 came out in 86.

Advertisement