Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to dispose of needles after using pregnyl?

Options
  • 02-01-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi All
    I'm a long time lurker here but first time poster. I had two early miscarriages last year and have since been diagnosed as having low progesterone. I had one round of cyclogest and was put on clomid and pregnyl this month. I forgot to ask my consultant/chemist what is the safest way of disposing of the needles after I use them. I've looked at instructional videos on YouTube and in each of them it says you get a sharps bin with pregnyl - I didn't. I'm away for the weekend and need to bring some with me and I just realised I can't exactly leave the needles in the hotel room. Now I'm starting to panic ! Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I had progesterone injections too (not pregnyl though) and never got a sharps bin. Chemists generally don't accept sharps either. So I just washed out a jar, and threw the plastic plunger part in the bin and the needle top part in the jar and at each doctor visit brought the jar with me and emptied it into the sharps bin at the doctors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ask your local pharmacy if they have a spare sharps bin or where you could get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 disliking shift work

Thanks for the replies, I have to get my day 21 bloods done tomorrow morning so might bring in the ones I've used so far to the doctors surgery. I'll def ask my pharmacy when I get back home on Monday, its just something I hadn't even thought about until I realised I would need to bring some with me on our weekend away.Thanks again

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I put mine into a screw top bottle, (i used an innocent smoothie bottle) then when I was going back to the clinic for the follow-up, brought them and asked them to dispose of them for me which they happily did.

I didnt get a sharps container with pregnyl either.

Advertisement