If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar for Samsung 3D smart TV

Options
  • 02-01-2014 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to improve the sound from my Samsung UE40F6400.
    Don't think I want to go the full surround sound option, so was thinking of something like the HWF350 soundbar if you can provide me with a quote including delivery to Wexford.

But if you've anything else in that price range I'd appreciate a recommendation, not sure if it has to be Samsung, if other brands would be compatible.
    I don't really plan on using the 3D on the TV, if that makes any difference...

I'd also be in the market for a Blu-ray player. As the TV already has smart features, don't really need anything too fancy.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi poochie, thanks for the post and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We have the HWF350 in stock at the moment.

The price on this would be £130.94 including delivery.

I have to say though that the new Cambridge Minx TV Plinth is something else and sounds absolutely brilliant compared to the Samsung. I know it's a lot more expensive but adds a lot more depth, impact and with added bluetooth connection for music playback (as it does sound great with music too), it really is a very versatile bar.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/cambridge-audio/minx-tv/camb-minx-tv-blk

Price on this would be £209.95 including delivery and you would thank me for this suggestion if you heard it.

On the blu ray front, the best player at the moment is the Sony BDPS4100 MR which is £79.95. What Hifi 5 star and brilliant picture quality. 

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps4100mr/sony-bdps4100-mr

Delivery of the blu ray would be included with the sound plinth price.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for getting back to me.

The sound plinth sounds great from the description and looking at the video, and I like the idea of Bluetooth for music streaming from other devices, but it is a lot more expensive than I was planning.
    However if I didn't bother with the Blu ray it might be a better to put that money in to the better sound for now.

Might need another payday (or 2!) before I commit, is this a sale price or your normal retail price?

Thanks,
    Poochie05

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks for getting back to me.

The sound plinth sounds great from the description and looking at the video, and I like the idea of Bluetooth for music streaming from other devices, but it is a lot more expensive than I was planning.
    However if I didn't bother with the Blu ray it might be a better to put that money in to the better sound for now.

Might need another payday (or 2!) before I commit, is this a sale price or your normal retail price?

Thanks,
    Poochie05
    Hi Poochie,

No problem at all :)  It' sounds great and is worth the money/wait.  

As far as I'm aware £199.95 is the standard price on the plinth.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.