Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villager 7kw Inset Stove (maybe an "Athlone 6"). Anyone Ever hear of it?

• 02-01-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a couple of inset room heater stoves fitted into our house and went to a show room today. The guy showed us the Aarrow and Villager range.

He had two Villager inset stoves, a 5kw and 7kw model. From what little information I can find online they maybe be part of the "Athlone" range.

Anyone ever hear of these models? It's a bit strange that I can find practically no information about them. A few websites have them listed but nothing on "whatstove.co.uk" or other non-shopfront sites.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Bump.....

From further reading it seems the "Athlone" range were made exclusively for the Irish market. Still seems a bit odd that there is so little info on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Just an update if others come across this thread looking for information.

The Villager Athlone 6 is also known as the
    Monarch AX6
    Axminster AX6

So although brochure says "Built and designed exclusively for the Irish market, the Villager Athlone is a range of perfectly formed and competitively priced stoves which offer the options of burning wood, solid fuels and peat" it really means exclusively rebranded for the Irish market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I would be interest to know if you bought this stove as I am currently looking into one at the moment, and you are correct in saying that there is very little information about this make/model.

Advertisement