Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 To Colorado

Options
  • 02-01-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a 20 year old male thinking of heading to Colorado on a J1 this summer. I've a huge interest in whitewater kayaking and am hoping to get a job there as a raft guide or in some kind of outdoor job. I'll more thank likely be heading alone having hopefully secured a job before I leave. I'll only be heading over in mid-late June though which kind of concerns me as I know its late in the Summer. Does anyone have any advice on the do's and don'ts or has anyone been to Colorado on a J1 before?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I've spent some time in Colorado because my OH's family live there.

Are you planning on going to Denver or do you know where you are heading?

The state is pretty spread out and in my opinion has terrible public transport so getting from place to place without a car is pretty difficult.

Will you be 21 when you head over there? I've visited and drank in about 13 different US states at this point and in my opinion people in Colorado are pretty darn strict! Maybe that isn't an interest of yours though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'll be 21 in the middle of July and I don't drink anyway so it doesn't matter to me. I haven't really decided exactly where I want to go. I'm on the look out for jobs currently. Emailing a few places and waiting for replies.

Advertisement