Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying From Unmanaged Clubs Poll

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Needs to be public...

Can PBJ see whos voted?
    If not this poll is invalid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I can't see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I voted Yes we should, I did so because I believe that it will only help the transfer market...

I voted one way and stick to my views, unlike some who parade around the No signs and signed unmanaged players when it suits them though.....

How some people can put their views forward so strongly yet be so hypocritical about it in actual GW terms is laughable!

At least practice your opinion to maintain some credibility.....

I can't see.

This poll isn't much good if we can't see voters

Can a mod alter it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I voted Yes we should, I did so because I believe that it will only help the transfer market...

I voted one way and stick to my views, unlike some who parade around the No signs and signed unmanaged players when it suits them though.....

How some people can put their views forward so strongly yet be so hypocritical about it in actual GW terms is laughable!

Oh shut up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

MrMac84 wrote: »
    This poll isn't much good if we can't see voters

Can a mod alter it?

I've asked a mod to make it public. We'll wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The only literature I can find on the soccermanager website relating to it is as follows:
    Club AI

Unmanaged and external clubs are active in the transfer market, making transfers between themselves as well as interacting with human managers in the Game World.

Transfers between unmanaged or external clubs happen instantly as there is no human manager involved and the transfer ban is set to just two weeks.

Unmanaged and external clubs will only make transfer offers for players that are available. This means that if a player has their Transfer Status set as Unavailable to Transfer or Unavailable then no transfer offer will be made.

Also if a player has a Set Minimum Fee then clubs will not bid below this or they may not bid at all.

Unmanaged and external clubs will also put bids in for players placed on the transfer list. However, the time it takes to receive this offer can vary from a few days to a few weeks.

Unmanaged and external clubs will also try and sign players that play for them in real-life in an attempt to reconstruct their squad (which in turn could make an unmanaged club become more desirable to manage).

Can anyone let me know for sure, that if we turn off buying from unmanaged clubs, which in the admin section says that "players can not be bought if the team is unmanaged" that they won't buy players themselves?

I am thinking this is the case, as the option for turning off buying from external clubs says that "external clubs can still bid on your players"

Just want to be sure that they won't squander the money at the club.

The only literature I can find on the soccermanager website relating to it is as follows:

Can anyone let me know for sure, that if we turn off buying from unmanaged clubs, which in the admin section says that "players can not be bought if the team is unmanaged" that they won't buy players themselves?

I am thinking this is the case, as the option for turning off buying from external clubs says that "external clubs can still bid on your players"

Just want to be sure that they won't squander the money at the club.

This does not effect external clubs at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Seaneh wrote: »

Yes but unmanaged clubs effectively operate in the same manner as external clubs. They still try to sign their real life players if they are unmanaged. Just look at Gremio.

The question is, will they still sign these players and squander their transfer kitty even if "Buying from Unmanaged Clubs" is disabled?

Personally, even if they do, they'll only be purchased at effectively minimum price anyway so the new manager can either sell them on again, or include them in transfer deals that they make themselves so I don't really see a huge issue. Apart from the fact that they may have to wait until the transfer ban is up of course.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yes but unmanaged clubs effectively operate in the same manner as external clubs. They still try to sign their real life players if they are unmanaged. Just look at Gremio.

The question is, will they still sign these players and squander their transfer kitty even if "Buying from Unmanaged Clubs" is disabled?

Personally, even if they do, they'll only be purchased at effectively minimum price anyway so the new manager can either sell them on again, or include them in transfer deals that they make themselves so I don't really see a huge issue. Apart from the fact that they may have to wait until the transfer ban is up of course.

No, not if buying from in managed clubs is turned off.

I asked on the SM forums and an admin replied saying that when buying from unmanaged clubs is turned off, unmanaged clubs can't buy or sell to anyone, managed or external. The stay exactly as they were the second the manager quit.

I've explained this about 5 times in this thread.

You can still buy and sell to/from external clubs like always.

• Advertisement

No, what I am asking is,

It would be a pity if unmanaged clubs still buy players themselves, squandering the money at the club.

I was saying that when you look at admin options, it specifically states for Externals that they will still buy players even if you switch off buying from them, but it does not say that for unmanaged.

So what I am asking is, from that, can we assume that they won't buy players themselves along with not being able to be bought from,

Does anyone know for sure?

No, what I am asking is,

It would be a pity if unmanaged clubs still buy players themselves, squandering the money at the club.

I was saying that when you look at admin options, it specifically states for Externals that they will still buy players even if you switch off buying from them, but it does not say that for unmanaged.

So what I am asking is, from that, can we assume that they won't buy players themselves along with not being able to be bought from,

Does anyone know for sure?

See my previous post.

See my previous post.

You never once before that mentioned asking on the Forum and getting a reply from an Admin, not that I have gone back and checked, but I don't remember you saying which is why i was asking for official clarification.

I am definitely for protecting them so since that is the case.

You never once before that mentioned asking on the Forum and getting a reply from an Admin, not that I have gone back and checked, but I don't remember you saying which is why i was asking for official clarification.

I am definitely for protecting them so since that is the case.

I definitely mentioned it... about 4 months ago :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

still undecided on how to vote ....

(anyone want to offer me a Belgian talent to vote in a certain way :p )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    still undecided on how to vote ....

(anyone want to offer me a Belgian talent to vote in a certain way :p )

Trust me, it really doesn't matter which way you vote at this stage. There's quite a big gap!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Heh PPPP your a mod. Can you make this poll public or see whos voted so far?

He's not a mod in this forum so he can't edit anything in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

My name is Baz and I voted yes in the vote. Or no. I definitely voted anyway. At least I tink I did. I don't have any principles and I change my mind a lot. Actually could one of the mods check if I did vote or not? Cos I could still do it. Dunno if I'm too late. Been home for a week now and the Mighty Munch are GREAT. Goin back tomorrow tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

bazarakus wrote: »
    My name is Baz and I voted yes in the vote. Or no. I definitely voted anyway. At least I tink I did. I don't have any principles and I change my mind a lot. Actually could one of the mods check if I did vote or not? Cos I could still do it. Dunno if I'm too late. Been home for a week now and the Mighty Munch are GREAT. Goin back tomorrow tho
    Nice to see the asylum let you out for the Christmas.

Who are the mods for this section do you know?

Who are the mods for this section do you know?

Yakult and thanx 4 the fish

Yeah he's right, I can only change things in the forums I mod. Thanx 4 The Fish and Yakult are mods here, fire them a PM if you need something.

I'm pretty sure that a poll can't be changed. It wouldn't be good practice to be able to change a poll from anonymous to public or for a mod to be able to view how someone voted. It might not matter here but it would in more serious forums

Yeah he's right, I can only change things in the forums I mod. Thanx 4 The Fish and Yakult are mods here, fire them a PM if you need something.

I'm pretty sure that a poll can't be changed. It wouldn't be good practice to be able to change a poll from anonymous to public or for a mod to be able to view how someone voted. It might not matter here but it would in more serious forums

Yes I understand but the person who started the poll thought it was public as did all the voters untill recently. Could you fire one if them a PM and see? They might belive another mod? Or maybe they could pm you all the voters names ( you being a trustworthy mod and all) and you could look the the list over too make sure there all real managers?

We don't really need a poll in fairness, it's obvious that the majority want it changed.

Yes I understand but the person who started the poll thought it was public as did all the voters untill recently. Could you fire one if them a PM and see? They might belive another mod? Or maybe they could pm you all the voters names ( you being a trustworthy mod and all) and you could look the the list over too make sure there all real managers?

If even one voter thought it was an anonymous poll then it wouldn't be fair to make it public, print their names or try find out how they voted. Id be pretty certain that once it's made anonymous, not even an Admin can see who voted never mind a mod.

We can either vote again or go with these results

We don't really need a poll in fairness, it's obvious that the majority want it changed.

I'm tempted too agree

I'm tempted too agree

I would agree but it wouldn't bother me if there was to be another poll

• Advertisement
Advertisement