Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USIT or Go4less.ie ??? Or go with neither and do it all myself?

Options
  • 02-01-2014 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all, myself and my girlfriend were hoping to apply for the 2014 Canadian work abroad visas and we read somewhere that using companies like USIT or go4less makes the process easier i.e. they will know how best to word CV's, documentation etc.

However after reading negative comments on here about both i was wondering, are we best to go with one of these companies? Do they help with getting all your documentation in order to be sent to the appropriate visa office? And do they actually help with jobs, accommodation etc?

Go4less.ie costs €75, which looks like a fee for their services which they list here:

http://www.go4less.ie/canada-visa

Wheras USIT say their cost is a €199 deposit off flights???

http://www.usit.ie/work-abroad/canada/work-and-travel-canada-visa

So do USIT not actually charge any fee for their services at all if they are looking for a deposit for a flight? I dont really know how that would work.

Also on a separate note, i have never worked abroad before, and unfortunatly a few years ago ended up in court once or twice on small charges i.e. drunk & disorderly, threatening and abusive behavior, and i got convicted. They are only small convictions and it was a few years ago now, but could that affect my getting a visa chances?

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Durag wrote: »
    Hi all, myself and my girlfriend were hoping to apply for the 2014 Canadian work abroad visas and we read somewhere that using companies like USIT or go4less makes the process easier i.e. they will know how best to word CV's, documentation etc.

However after reading negative comments on here about both i was wondering, are we best to go with one of these companies? Do they help with getting all your documentation in order to be sent to the appropriate visa office? And do they actually help with jobs, accommodation etc?

Go4less.ie costs €75, which looks like a fee for their services which they list here:

http://www.go4less.ie/canada-visa

Wheras USIT say their cost is a €199 deposit off flights???

http://www.usit.ie/work-abroad/canada/work-and-travel-canada-visa

So do USIT not actually charge any fee for their services at all if they are looking for a deposit for a flight? I dont really know how that would work.

Also on a separate note, i have never worked abroad before, and unfortunatly a few years ago ended up in court once or twice on small charges i.e. drunk & disorderly, threatening and abusive behavior, and i got convicted. They are only small convictions and it was a few years ago now, but could that affect my getting a visa chances?

Thanks in advance for your help

If you want my advice, id say keep the money and take the girlfriend out for the night! :D

The visa is pretty straight forward to do. Reading reports from people last year these company's did nothing for them. You will be chasing them all the time but you will never get a straight forward answer! There is always help on this website regarding any question(s) you have.

Ur cv is easy! Google "Canadian resume examples". I've never heard of anyone being refused due to a CV. In my opinion this is only to see how much experience you have etc and there not letting Joe blogs into the country who has never worked a day in his life!

About your criminal records I couldn't answer that sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    If you want my advice, id say keep the money and take the girlfriend out for the night! :D

The visa is pretty straight forward to do. Reading reports from people last year these company's did nothing for them. You will be chasing them all the time but you will never get a straight forward answer! There is always help on this website regarding any question(s) you have.

Ur cv is easy! Google "Canadian resume examples". I've never heard of anyone being refused due to a CV. In my opinion this is only to see how much experience you have etc and there not letting Joe blogs into the country who has never worked a day in his life!

About your criminal records I couldn't answer that sorry.

Ok thats great, thanks for your help, ill mention this to her. She is more inclined to use the companies as she is afraid that we will mess up somehere along the lines especially with the different forms we have to fill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I went with Go4Less last year, its was helpful, to an extent. I think they were probably more useful before things went online.

The handy thing with them was that you can send them all your documents before you submit them, so they can double check them for you. I was really careful but the noted some mistakes on mine (just missed typed a word or date, and because mine was linked to my partners we had to have everything matching exactly, the visa people can be fussy about that kind of thing)

They also done an evening where they went through the process in a presentation, that was helpful if you are a bit intimidated with forms and the like!!

We also got cheap flights from them.

All in all I think you can go through the process yourself, but it is handy to have someone to email with questions or check over your stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Thanks for that, thats exactly why my girlfriend would like to go with them, more security in case we make mistakes or anything. Plus it might be helpful for me to see where i stand with having a few minor convictions.

Advertisement