Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mother and baby groups

Options
  • 02-01-2014 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey I have a 2 and a half yr old boy and 12 week old girl. I'm a young stay at home mam and basically I need to get out of the house. I live in Swords and am wondering is there any mother and baby groups or any classes that would be good to join? Thks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

lucybelle wrote: »
    Hey I have a 2 and a half yr old boy and 12 week old girl. I'm a young stay at home mam and basically I need to get out of the house. I live in Swords and am wondering is there any mother and baby groups or any classes that would be good to join? Thks.

Go onto fitmum.ie fitness classes all based in malahide that u can bring the kiddies along to :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The cinema in Swords used to have mammy and baby cinema too,not sure if it still does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The cinema in Swords used to have mammy and baby cinema too,not sure if it still does.

According to its website it does, it doesn't run during school holidays though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Moonbeam wrote: »

According to its website it does, it doesn't run during school holidays though

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lucybelle

Okay thanks guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Migmog27

There are a few things on at Applewood Community Centre. I run a baby sign class there ( which is lovely and you could bring both your children! :)) and there's someone doing Mumba and the Friends of Breastfeeding have a lovely group which has quite a few older children too. Have a look at their facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lucybelle

Okay thanks for that. Do you mind if I ask you what a baby sign class is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Migmog27

Baby sign is a way of communicating with your baby before they can talk. We learn simple gestures that you can do with your baby so each time you give them their milk you sign "milk" and after a while they get the idea and start signing back. I know it sounds a bit 'new age' but it's great fun. We sing songs and learn rhymes in the class - things like Old MacDonald and that children enjoy and I have lots of instruments for them to shake and bang. At the end we read a story and have a cup of tea and a biscuit. My daughter is 18m now and chatting away but she still uses her signs and it's helped me to understand what she wants and it's stopped her from getting frustrated. Check out superhands.ie if you want more details. Megan

Advertisement