Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will I buy a grinder??

• 02-01-2014 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have a drip machine. I'm not much of a coffee aficionado, I buy whatever the ground coffee is on offer in the supermarket, or the dearer one in Lidl. I've been asked to think of a present for my birthday, and I thought maybe I'd try beans and a grinder for my morning fix.
    I'm just wondering, is it worth it? Is the taste that much better? Do remember, whilst I do love my coffee, I don't spend loads on it - so whatever's the normal stuff in the supermarket is what I'd be buying, no special trips to boutique shops in the city centre!!
    Will I bother getting a grinder?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

These lads will grind to whatever process you use,

http://www.badgeranddodo.ie/site/products/

It'll give you an idea if you like coffee that much before you lash out to much cash.

Nice lads to deal with.

You might become a poor man if you develope a coffee HABIT.

Shop stuff isn't a patch on fresh roasted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I wouldnt bother.

A drip machine is probably one of the worst methods of making coffee.

You're not much of a coffee aficionado.

A grinder could end up as an expensive paperweight.
    They do require regular cleaning too.

Though, maybe try as phelix says. Get those guys to grind you up a bag and try that. If that changes your mind, then think about getting your own grinder. or perhaps consider an Aeropress, or french press instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭eirebread

WARNING:
    Please before you buy them in supermarkets -> Get into PROPER electronics store.

- Cheaper than supermarkets
    - Extremely better quality.
    - Your getting the proper brand. not some rip off one that will break.
    - Customer support.
    - etc.

My advice would be, if your into your coffee then don't buy a Grinder at a normal supermarket (unless some other reasons_

Advertisement