Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Agency Rules

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Redskins
    Signed Braylon Edwards to a 4 year deal with a total of 8.4 million on the table.
    They offered a bonus of 2.4 million which is 28%

Pudsy please release him

Giants
    LB Slauson has been signed to a 5 year deal.

Dave please release him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭davetherave

Done, sorry didn't realise that. I think I was too concerned with multiplying by 0.8 and 0.2 and then adding and doing some more multiplying to see that I was within the 20% rule. :o

Can I go after him again or have I lost any rights to offer a contract?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Done, sorry didn't realise that. I think I was too concerned with multiplying by 0.8 and 0.2 and then adding and doing some more multiplying to see that I was within the 20% rule. :o

Can I go after him again or have I lost any rights to offer a contract?

Nope you and Pudsy cant both re-bid once they are released.

Your cap hits are pretty small anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What will the cap hit be?

2.4 million for you Pudsy
    So you will take a 600K hit this season and then a 1.8 million hit next season (last season)

2 Million for dave
    400K this year and then 1.6 million in the final season

• Advertisement

We can't re bid? If they make it through the re signing phase can we pick them up in week 1?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    We can't re bid? If they make it through the re signing phase can we pick them up in week 1?

No you have to release him first, you can then re-bid straightaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Am I being retarded? Do we not just have to offer them say 5 million in wages and then divide that by 5 and the max bonus is 1 million?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Raoul wrote: »
    Am I being retarded? Do we not just have to offer them say 5 million in wages and then divide that by 5 and the max bonus is 1 million?

I took it as, Wages - 4m, Bonus - 1m (20% of total) => Total 5m.

Are some people doing, Wages -5m, Bonus - 1m (20% of Basic Wage) => Total 6m?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Knex. wrote: »

That's 25%

I do this, it's 20%

I thought everyone was doing this. Bonus is money is on top of the salary. It's a bonus so it's extra

• Advertisement

Yep, thats right! :D

When I was offering my players last night I was going by the 1 mill in wages and then 200k in bonuses which i thought is what we always used.

Can you all not just use my spreadsheet!!!

You haven't made it open to edit by other people.

Also, anyone know if you can look at what contract you offered people without cancelling it?

We should be offering wages and then dividing by 4 to add the bonus!

Edit - I need to go and offer my guys bigger bonuses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Also, anyone know if you can look at what contract you offered people without cancelling it?

Yeah, you can open the bid to increase the offer.

it should be working, ive logged out and i can still edit the sheet.

You can go into the contract, just click increase offer, then just cancel out and the offer stays the same

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Dividing by 4 gives you 25% not 20%.
    You need to divide by 5

guns4all wrote: »
    Dividing by 4 gives you 25% not 20%.
    You need to divide by 5

Divide the wages by 4 then add that to get your total!

Wages 4 million plus bonus of 1 million = 5 million total.

Edit - Glad I pretended to be confused to highlight some problems people might be having :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

My method: give them contract, go to my negotiations, see what i offered total contract wise and see what 20% of it is, for the Bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I just offer a small bonus, I can't be arsed working this all out,

• Advertisement

Pudsy/Dave I presume both of the players have been released?

Pudsy/Dave I presume both of the players have been released?

Yep, released him on Sunday. No doubt I'l make a balls of it again this round though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah, I did it as soon as I saw your post.

So everyone is ok... Apart from Adrian...

LOLB Curry
    Signed to a 3 year deal with total salary of 3.81 million with 810K being bonus. This makes the bonus 28% of the salary.

Adrian please release him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

EDIT: No worries, releeasing him now

Advertisement