Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP-Link extender

• 03-01-2014 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello all,

About one month ago we had a series of TP-Link powerline extenders installed throughout an old building with thick walls to spread out a decent WiFi signal. Everything was going grand until I bought a second one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DEYDF8I/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to extend the wifi to a back room. We only have two of this type of extender on the network and for some reason they keep knocking each other off-line.

I've ensured that they both have different I.P. addresses already. They both work fine for 5 or 10 minutes, and then suddenly one will drop connectivity to the network.

What could be the cause of this?

Advertisement