Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on holiday Visa's

Options
  • 03-01-2014 2:34am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

First off feel free to move or close this thread if in the wrong section. I tried searching for my problem but came up with nothing.

OK, basically my girlfriend wants us both to go to NYC in June for her birthday but I'm worried over the whole visa process.

While living in Spain for a few years a while back I carried home a suitcase of 50 sleeves of cigarettes (stupid idea which I regretted since) for a lad I knew. I was informed even if caught customs would just take them off me & send me on my way.

Surprise surprise, I was caught & was fully cooperative with customs, played dumb saying I thought it was no problem etc & was assured that would be the end of the matter. It wasn't & I got summonsed & fined €500 which I paid.

I'm almost certain that was that & I have record but can't be certain. Will this be an issue for me getting a holiday visa? Just to add, since that summons I've applied, been successful & lived in Australia on a working holiday visa there with no reference to this but am concerned it will be a different matter with the American embassy?

Thanks in advance for the help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Well, first you should apply for ESTA, rather than a visa, unless you have other issues/ are not an Irish citizen?
    I doubt you will have problems as your issue was not related to drugs or domestic violence.

Advertisement