Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Sorry lads you're right. My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Slattsy wrote: »
    Plunketts were always a team that on their day could ruffle anyones feather.
    Really fancied them a few years ago to go on to great things, but their back line is awful.

Did Cavan's sub 'keeper Alan O'Mara start for Plunketts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Gael85

Lemlin wrote: »
    Did Cavan's sub 'keeper Alan O'Mara start for Plunketts?

O'Meara played in goal. Saved a penalty from Paul Mannion.

Gael85 wrote: »
    O'Meara played in goal. Saved a penalty from Paul Mannion.

Did he have a good game then? O'Mara could actually play for Dublin.

He was born in Dublin. Parents moved to Bailieboro when he was a nipper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

dubliner 2 wrote: »
    Ok. Time to stop beating around the bush. I am amazed that no one in the media has brought this up.

Honestly think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. The media couldn't care less about the club scene in Dublin, especially at this time of year. When the club champo is getting down to the wire in October and/or it involves the glamour teams, it starts getting some press. Until then, no one really cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Good crowd in Naul for Syls and Maurs. One way traffic at the moment Syls leadinf 1-8 to 0-3

Maurs have tagged on 5 of the last 6 points for some pride but Syls should be home with a few mins left 1-9 to 0-8

Just hearing that Pats Donabate blew a 6 point ht lead to lose in IFC to Judes. Huge surprise imo and opens the door to any number of teams but I think Fingallians and Castleknock will be licking their chops

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Good crowd in Naul for Syls and Maurs. One way traffic at the moment Syls leadinf 1-8 to 0-3

Maurs have tagged on 5 of the last 6 points for some pride but Syls should be home with a few mins left 1-9 to 0-8

Did Eugene Keating feature at all?

Did Eugene Keating feature at all?

Howya Lemlin...nope no Keating. In actual fact was talking with a chap who told me it was the 1st time in a long time that Syls had fielded 15 lads from in and around the local area. They had near enough the same in replacements - I counted 13

• Advertisement

Did he have a good game then? O'Mara could actually play for Dublin.

He was born in Dublin. Parents moved to Bailieboro when he was a nipper.

only saw last 15 minutes. He was kept busy as Crokes came from 7,8 down to narrow it to 2 points.His penalty save made made the difference. Read that somewhere O'Mara from Dublin. Think he played with Trinity Gaels at juvenile level in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

What way do club transfers work in Dublin? I would be transferring from Tyrone to Dublin - can it be done any time of the year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

There doesn't seem to be a cut-off for intercounty club transfers, though your name will appear here when you transfer

Yeah I think the application is handled thru Central Council rather than county/provincial boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

What way do club transfers work in Dublin? I would be transferring from Tyrone to Dublin - can it be done any time of the year?

c'mon what club you going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

salmocab wrote: »
    c'mon what club you going to?

LOL - I'm not saying it until its done - don't want to jinx it. It'll be all over the papers anyway I would imagine!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

Just hearing that Pats Donabate blew a 6 point ht lead to lose in IFC to Judes. Huge surprise imo and opens the door to any number of teams but I think Fingallians and Castleknock will be licking their chops

Saw Castleknock's match against Scoil Ui Chonaill. Cracking game. Castleknock built up an 11 point lead in the first half. Scoil came back strongly. Level with a minute to go. Penalty put Castleknock 3 clear at 60 mins. Another penalty equalised for Scoil in injury time. Castleknock pulled away in extra time to win by 5.:)

They'll (we'll) be hard to beat. So will Fingallians.

Past30Now wrote: »
    Saw Castleknock's match against Scoil Ui Chonaill. Cracking game. Castleknock built up an 11 point lead in the first half. Scoil came back strongly. Level with a minute to go. Penalty put Castleknock 3 clear at 60 mins. Another penalty equalised for Scoil in injury time. Castleknock pulled away in extra time to win by 5.:)

They'll (we'll) be hard to beat. So will Fingallians.

Yeah I find it hard to get a true read on the IFC - saw Olafs two years ago go down tamely to Pats Donabate only to win it last year. Likewise I would've assumed Pats this year would be looking to a semi at the least. Fingallians turned round a 3 point HT deficit last week and like yerselves showed a bit of resilience.

I was talkin with a lad at the weekend who told me that Judes gave Ballyboughal an awful caning in the 1st round, coupled with their win last time out against Pats - I'd have to assume they'll have a lot to say this season. Then again much like Pats this year they were handing the championship to Finians Swords last year (I think they were 13-0 in AFL 3 at the time) only to fall to Good Counsel (I think AFL 5).

Most of the talk around the IFC is that yer lads are a very good football team (even without CK) and are rightly considered the favourites - there's the kiss of death for ya ;)

Most of the talk around the IFC is that yer lads are a very good football team (even without CK) and are rightly considered the favourites - there's the kiss of death for ya ;)

Thanks for that. Hopefully CK will be back in time for the next round (sometime after S Cluxton lifts Sam)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i know it was against ye but there was a masive ellement of this ^^^^

but i doubt there were many people engaging in casual sex on the back of it espicaly after watching donegals trype today ( or eoin mulligans hair cut on the sunday game for that matter)

I can smell the beer off that post ... kudos for embedding 2 youtube clips tho ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Did Mulligan not foul the ball twice there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

keane2097 wrote: »

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

I can smell the beer off that post ... kudos for embedding 2 youtube clips tho ;)
    yes i stand by my drunkiness although there was never any intention to rub it in .........i just couldnt find a tyrone page at 4 o clock this morning :pac:
    i taught at the time that he did too but the fake hand pass was legit

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    How?

You can't switch hands on the ball.

Any chance you could explain what exactly is and isn't allowed in that regard? I'm not 100% sure myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭bren2001

You can't switch hands on the ball.

Any chance you could explain what exactly is and isn't allowed in that regard? I'm not 100% sure myself.

Taken from a copy of the rules
    changed from one hand to the other once, with the original holding hand maintaining contact until the change is completed

i.e. you can switch hands once per play (between each hop/solo) but cannot throw it between hands. You must go from one hand to both hands on the ball then off to one hand. Muligan did nothing wrong.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Taken from a copy of the rules

i.e. you can switch hands once per play (between each hop/solo) but cannot throw it between hands. You must go from one hand to both hands on the ball then off to one hand. Muligan did nothing wrong.

Surprised we don't see more of it in that case, super-effective move.

yes i stand by my drunkiness although there was never any intention to rub it in .........i just couldnt find a tyrone page at 4 o clock this morning :pac:

You did well to turn on a computer at that hour :P... no bad feelings about that match at all

A lively training session last week by all accounts.....

I'm filling my nights with the Ladies Dublin Club Championships, it's my methadone until 8th June :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Do go on!

PM if necessary :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 dubliner 2

I'm filling my nights with the Ladies Dublin Club Championships, it's my methadone until 8th June :D

Philly McMahon gone off the panel.

Did he walk or was he pushed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

Heard rumors myself that McMahons gone it was building up there was another incident a month or two ago between him and Connolly during a club match , Sadly while he is a good player hes always been too rough and ready to pick a fight imo Connolly's no saint but he seems to have calmed abit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I saw that game alright, McMahon lost the head when he was sent off just after Connelly was sent off. It might have been unfair but he was lucky to have been on the pitch at that stage anyway as he had enough yellow card offences built up. It was all just verbal though.

He'll be missed imo, thought he was the second best number 3 on display. All the more reason to keep O'Carroll fit. I'd hate to see George, Brady, Cooper, O'Brien thrown in there during a championship game.

..... I like Philly - I'd rather have him with me than against me and he's also a far better footballer than a lot of people would give him credit for.

BUT .. he's a liability. He has cultured the image and it's being played out for all to see at club and IC level. It's just the mentality he has - reminds me a lot of Johnny/Eddie & Keith Barr. Philly was the man that coined the A v B games as the Killer B's when he was on the road back, he'll hopefully have his road to Damascus moment and come back with all the intensity he brings to the jersey - but leave the other messing alone (the Gooch incident last year being one)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

That's the same stuff a lot of people were saying about Ger 3 years ago and he turned a corner and showed how key a role a player used to playing on the edge can provide. Philly has done that this year in the league for me and relatively well controlled himself, just has the continued focus from referees. He will be key for Dublin in next 2 or 3 years in my opinion as Ger has lost a lot of the pace he had.

My understanding is there was a minor bust up and he was asked to take a couple of weeks away from the panel, but is back with them. Fuss about nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I think he'll be a big loss. Well a loss anyway.

I'd imaging lads absolutely hated playing against him, and you always want a defender that can put lads off their game the way he does. Occasionaly he can over-step the mark though.

Slattsy wrote: »
    I think he'll be a big loss. Well a loss anyway.

I'd imaging lads absolutely hated playing against him, and you always want a defender that can put lads off their game the way he does. Occasionaly he can over-step the mark though.

I agree. He'll be missed. I hope we don't regret his absence.

Who'll get his spot on the team. Darren Daly had a good start to the season. Mick Fitz would probably be the favourite. What about one of the half backs (Deveraux, Nolan, Lowndes, Jack?). It's probably too early for Sean George. Only five days before we find out.

My guess at the team for next weekend.

Cluxton, Daly,O'Carroll, Cooper, McCaffrey, Nolan, McCarthy, MDMA, O'Sullivan, Flynn, Brogan (A), Connolly, Brogan B, O'Gara, Costello.

copacetic wrote: »
    That's the same stuff a lot of people were saying about Ger 3 years ago and he turned a corner and showed how key a role a player used to playing on the edge can provide. Philly has done that this year in the league for me and relatively well controlled himself, just has the continued focus from referees. He will be key for Dublin in next 2 or 3 years in my opinion as Ger has lost a lot of the pace he had.

My understanding is there was a minor bust up and he was asked to take a couple of weeks away from the panel, but is back with them. Fuss about nothing.

I missed this when I was posting my team above. I hope he's back. If so, he'd be in my team ahead of Daly.

Whats everyones team predictions for Sunday? i think it will be the same team that started against Derry except Jack mc Back in Nolan out and Im still not sure about full forwards will Mannion start now hes back or O,Gara i think its between these two unless Andrews Dosent start and they have both on

Think that barring injury, BB, Alan, O'Gara, Flynn and Connolly are nailed on starters up front. The 6th spot is up for grabs. I don't think that it automatically goes to Andrews. He had a so so Spring & there are others that need game time under their belt. I honestly don't know who else will start, it could be any one of him, Costello, Mannion, Rock, or Kev Mc. Then again, if we have a decent lead by half time, I can see half the starting forwards being taken off and other lads being given a decent run out. So who starts or doesn't start won't really matter.

Deffo want to see Jack Flash starting and I think he will. Would be great to see Ger B get some game time too. We sorely missed him at times during the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

It's a pity. This league season and the end of last years AI I think he's really stepped it up, he was one of our better players in the league. But if he can't keep his head then something had to be done, and it's easier to replace Philly than Connolly (not saying Jim sided with Diarmuid but I'd say he was no angel either). I'm still confident Philly will come back though.

It's very annoying that we looked like having a solid settled FB line (Philly - ROC - Cooper) for the first time in a while and this happens. Now we'll have to bring in a corner back who's probably played feck all county football this season. I've always been a fan of Daly but he got barely any time in the league, I like Mick Fitz as well but he's looked rusty since all his injuries last season. George has looked out of his depth in the blue shirt so far. Nolan in the corner anybody? Probably a bit late to start experimenting but he's a quality defender.

Shame about Philly as I reckon he has potential to be outstanding. Very good player in terms of "pure footballing" ability and I can only imagine what a pain in the nads he must e to mark. Probably just hasn't found the balance between "edge" and being a liability. It's a fine line to tread in fairness and you definitely need a few lads on the pitch who are a bit like that as Kerry found out on a couple of occasions to their cost over the last 15 years.

I doubt he'll be long out of it anyway.

I'd love to know the source of all these rumours about Philly, seeing as there has been no mention of in the mainstream media, other internet forums, Jim Gavin's media events, or county board press releases. Given the massive amount of attention that the Dubs are always under, you'd think it would be a very hard thing to keep quiet & that people everywhere would be talking about it, not just here.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'd love to know the source of all these rumours about Philly, seeing as there has been no mention of in the mainstream media, other internet forums, Jim Gavin's media events, or county board press releases. Given the massive amount of attention that the Dubs are always under, you'd think it would be a very hard thing to keep quiet & that people everywhere would be talking about it, not just here.

It Seems to be all different too some say Phillys gone then both of them then just suspension no actual account of what happend

Lads does anyone know what is going on with Eugene Keating at Sylvesters?

He hasn't featured for them recently but then I heard he is trying to get a move away?

Lads does anyone know what is going on with Eugene Keating at Sylvesters?

He hasn't featured for them recently but then I heard he is trying to get a move away?

heard somewhere he transferred to Donaghmore/Ashbourne in Meath. Dont know how true that is.

• Advertisement

McMahon named against Laois..

Snagged from Hill16.ie

DUBLIN (SFC v Laois)
    1 Stephen Cluxton (Parnell's)
    2 Philly McMahon (Ballymun Kickhams)
    3 Rory O'Carroll (Kilmacud Crokes)
    4 Jonny Cooper (Na Fianna)
    5 James McCarthy (Ballymun Kickhams)
    6 Nicky Devereux (Ballinteer St John's)
    7 Darren Daly (Fingal Ravens)
    8 Michael Darragh Macauley (Ballyboden St Enda's)
    9 Cian O'Sullivan (Kilmacud Crokes)
    10 Paul Flynn (Fingallians)
    11 Paddy Andrews (St Brigid's)
    12 Diarmuid Connolly (St Vincent's)
    13 Alan Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh)
    14 Eoghan O'Gara (Templeogue Synge St)
    15 Bernard Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh)

Whoever posted those ridiculous rumours about Philly, needs to have a good hard, look at themselves.

And everyone else, myself included for believing it.

Or question it & ask for a source, before accepting it as gospel truth.

Like I did.

*feels very self righteous. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement