Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Just in the door to the news we've a date with the Lillies - I'm nearly sure I groaned ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Just in the door to the news we've a date with the Lillies - I'm nearly sure I groaned ...

Don't be like that now Doc!

Might go down, will be full house I'd say.

Hurlers need to draw or beat Wexford next Sunday to also go through to semi final.

Nearly ten years since the Wexicans beat us at senior level and you may be sure that Davy Fitz will be rubbing their noses in that over the next seven days.

"Fkn Dublin. Jaysus lads. 1798. The jackeens..." :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

He has them up and down Vinegar Hill every morning.

He has them up and down Vinegar Hill every morning.

With pikes ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

DoctaDee wrote:
    Good day, compare the same fixture to this time last year.

Wasn't a bad game, Wexford smelled blood at the end but some keep ball and a lovely last score wrapped it up.

Thought the Wexford corner backs were decent.
    Their goal didn't reflect well on the keeper but the sun was in his eyes and it was hit low and hard but from far out. McHughs was nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Now, now...don't be like that. We can't be playing Kerry and Mayo every day of the week.

Didn'we play them in a final in Newbridge, a few years back? T'was a really close game and we only bate them in the dying minutes. There was a big crowd and a great atmospshere. T'was great craic, for January.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Now, now...don't be like that. We can't be playing Kerry and Mayo every day of the week.

Didn'we play them in a final in Newbridge, a few years back? T'was a really close game and we only bate them in the dying minutes. There was a big crowd and a great atmopshere. T'was great entertainment, for January.

My chief memory of that day is asking someone "What club does that fella Fenton play for?"

It was his arrival. It was great game.

Ah yeah you always get a decent atmosphere in Newbridge - I have this thing in my mind that the pitch is small and scores are going over from everywhere, the last game going to et down there made for better entertainment than you could expect for January.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Dublin reportedly close to completing Spawell deal

**** it anyway. ****ing southsiders.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Spawell will be excellent, no trapsing across the border to PP:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

corny wrote: »
    Dublin reportedly close to completing Spawell deal

**** it anyway. ****ing southsiders.:p

If i had to go to PP instead of Croker i dont think i would bother. I'd say a lot of you heading from the northside will feel the same if the stadium does go ahead here!

By the way this is west Dublin. We dont belong in the Northside/Southside panto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I think the biggest issue with the Spawell is it's not big enough. Closer to 40k is needed to bring league and leinster championship games comfortably outside of Croke Park.

Ken Tucky wrote: »

By the way this is west Dublin. We dont belong in the Northside/Southside panto

Its far away thats all i know.

It is,for some/most and it would be no fun finding parking, never mind enjoying a few pre match pints.

Its a long time off, IF it ever happens though.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I think the biggest issue with the Spawell is it's not big enough. Closer to 40k is needed to bring league and leinster championship games comfortably outside of Croke Park.

Is there anywhere you can find out attendances for league games?

It would be great if Dublin had a proper stadium that isn't a half empty croke park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its really not. It would be absolutely empty for most of the year can't justify 40k stadium in Dublin alongside croke Park and landsdowne. 25k is spot on tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

That's for mens football team.

Would be perfect for a lot of Dublin hurling/ womens GAA games/ club finals and so on.

A full Spawell is a lot more appealing than a 1/3rd full Croker.

Its in Kildare, more or less.

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Its in Kildare, more or less.

Where's Kildare.;)

Where's Kildare.;)

Its basically a dual carriageway starting at the spawell that turns into a motorway half way through and ends at a big shopping centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Where's Kildare.;)

I think it's where the Cavan footballers play their home games. :D

Disappointment for the hurlers tonight 1-17 0-17 - but not wholly unexpected I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

So now the northside have a stadium and the southside will have one too...

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Getting ready for the big split after we've done 5 in a row :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Disappointment for the hurlers tonight 1-17 0-17 - but not wholly unexpected I'd say

Not a bad showing though...lotta lotta new faces

Get with the programme....West Dublin yo!;)

Wexford had close to full team. Dublin pretty much experimental and a lot of last year's minors. Thought they might have been beaten by more. Was level going into last few minutes when Chin for a couple of points. Good performance but brings an end to a sequence of 9/10 games not being beaten by them at senior.

Bambi wrote: »
    Not a bad showing though...lotta lotta new faces

... and even a couple of Setanta lads in the mix .. MacGibb started
    Bonniedog wrote: »
    Wexford had close to full team. Dublin pretty much experimental and a lot of last year's minors. Thought they might have been beaten by more. Was level going into last few minutes when Chin for a couple of points. Good performance but brings an end to a sequence of 9/10 games not being beaten by them at senior.

Yeah seen that .. think it was all square with 5 mins left and they tacked on 3 unanswered. I'd imagine the panel won't see much change far side of April, the 1A status is going to be severely under threat, it's a great opportunity for lads to step up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

You can get your season ticket to watch the Dublin B team now :)

• Advertisement

Gael85 wrote: »
    You can get your season ticket to watch the Dublin B team now :)

Which is the B team though, south or north???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

See there's big move on Dublin in bookies today from 7/2 into 5/4 in powers and betting suspended by others. Somebody must be expecting a few regulars to return for Dublin tomorrow judging by this. Prob won't see a team named until after training tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

Which is the B team though, south or north???

They have to play off for the title ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

... and even a couple of Setanta lads in the mix .. MacGibb started

The gospel that hurls are for pucking balls has finally taken hold out here :D

Bambi wrote: »
    The gospel that hurls are for pucking balls has finally taken hold out here :D

:D .. very few places you can hold up with a hurl these days .. the last place I remember getting turned over was the Post Office on Ballygall Road :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

And they made their getaway on a bike nicked from McQuaids across the road.....

All joking aside, I think this is a crazy move. Dublin don't need it as far as I can see, and maybe Im missing something here but surely the county would be better served by building some badly needed homes in the Dublin area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

All joking aside, I think this is a crazy move. Dublin don't need it as far as I can see, and maybe Im missing something here but surely the county would be better served by building some badly needed homes in the Dublin area?

What's the Dublin County Board got to do with building houses????

I'm confused:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

And we could move those travellers who are looking for homes in Castlebar into McHale Pk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Spawell...ridiculous idea

Use the money to upgrade Parnell Pk facilities ....

Too far for northside and i would reckon that gaa has a big competitior with rugby out that direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

BKWDR wrote: »

Too far for northside and i would reckon that gaa has a big competitior with rugby out that direction.

Maybe Parnell Park is too far from the south/westside?

I'm not exactly certain yet whether i think developing the Spawell is a good idea but your argument against it makes no sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Parnell Park is hemmed in on all sides, by residential units, a school, and Clontarf Golf Club. The Spawell Complex, on the other hand, doesn't have any of these issues.

I'd prefer all the development to take place around Parnell Park too, but it just can't happen. There's no way to fit a much larger stadium in there, never mind the GAA Centre of Excellence, and all the assorted pitches that go with it.

Most likely, they'll develop a new stadium, the centre of excellence, and also a load of apartments to make money back on the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Any sign of the Dublin team to play Kildare yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Won't somebody think of the homeless!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Why should Cuala, or Boden, or even Crokes be dragged out to Donnycarney?

There's an even better argument for a stadium in south-east Dublin... but obviously land is prohibitively expensive!

In terms of tomorrow, where is the best place to park beside St Conleth's?

• Advertisement

Why should Cuala, or Boden, or even Crokes be dragged out to Donnycarney?

There's an even better argument for a stadium in south-east Dublin... but obviously land is prohibitively expensive!

In terms of tomorrow, where is the best place to park beside St Conleth's?

The Whitewater Shopping Centre is a 5 minute walk away & it has a big car park. It's 1.30 per hour, or 4 quid to park all day. Dead handy spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭CheyK

Does anyone know if you can buy tickets at the gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

ProudDUB wrote: »
    The Whitewater Shopping Centre is a 5 minute walk away & it has a big car park. It's 1.30 per hour, or 4 quid to park all day. Dead handy spot.

You can park for free in the Whitewater if you bring a match programme to the customer service desk.

You can park for free in the Whitewater if you bring a match programme to the customer service desk.

Cheers boss. I vaguely recall getting a deal of some nature, the last time I was there, but I couldn't remember exactly what it was.

The Flourbags are sick. Sick I tells ye :-)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement