Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

You'd think the Meath manager would shut up and take his beating. The footage is more damning of his player than o gara. Mulligan put it well. What else was O gara to do. Hope this goes no further for everyone's sake. Having said that, it was an unsavoury incident and the less we see of these the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Paul Flynn is criminally under-rated as a player, and as a man. Top bloke who's a credit to his family, club and the entire county.

Absolute gent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Paul Flynn is criminally under-rated as a player, and as a man. Top bloke who's a credit to his family, club and the entire county.

Absolute gent.

Hardly under-rated. He has 3 All-Star awards and almost certainly will get a fourth. One of Dublins most important players and the best wing forward in the game at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

digzy wrote: »
    You'd think the Meath manager would shut up and take his beating. The footage is more damning of his player than o gara. Mulligan put it well. What else was O gara to do. Hope this goes no further for everyone's sake. Having said that, it was an unsavoury incident and the less we see of these the better.

I would agree with this . Shake hands and let it be done . At the end of the of the day if they go after o Gara for a ban I'm sure the Dublin county board could go after a few Meath players for throwing punches . The composure o Gara showed to walk away was great to see .

robbiezero wrote: »
    Hardly under-rated. He has 3 All-Star awards and almost certainly will get a fourth. One of Dublins most important players and the best wing forward in the game at the moment.

Granted, but you rarely hear him mentioned. Just my perception of it, doesn't mean it's right. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Absolute gent.

I’m not from Dublin, but couldn’t agree more with this statement. The man has quietly gone about his business for years and has developed into some kind of “larger than life” role model.

I think it is difficult for wing forwards to establish themselves as key players on a team, as generally they are not that profilic in terms of scores and a lot of their work is tracking back after wing backs. It is over time that they develop a name for themselves e.g. Paul Galvin, Brian Dooher.

Well you can definitely put Paul Flynn on the list of greats. Stylish player who often scores 3/4 points from play. As I say, not easy to do from wing forward. And carries no baggage in matches. Very seldom is in bother with refs, and doesn’t go looking for the limelight off the pitch. He seems determined to use the limited celebrity status that a GAA player has to enhance the lives of those less fortunate people. One of his mates committed suicide and another died from cancer.

And it really does seem so genuine – not looking for public brownie points.

Will leave it at that. You’d never guess that I was a big fan!!! Though from what I’ve written, it sounds like I could be some kind of Paul Flynn stalker.

Granted, but you rarely hear him mentioned. Just my perception of it, doesn't mean it's right. :pac:

Don't know about that. He is not a really prolific scorer in the mould of the Brogans, Connolly, McMenamin etc, but anyone that knows their football knows how valuable a player he is.
    If himself or Michael Dara got injured, it would have quite a bearing on Dublins All-Ireland chances (I still think they would win it) moreso than any of the other players on the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

+ Shoe in for footballer of the year if Dubs reach/win the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Really wouldnt be a bit surprised if he won POTY this year or at least was in serious contention.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Really wouldnt be a bit surprised if he won POTY this year or at least was in serious contention.

Nor me. But I doubt Dublin's games so far will have any major impact on the POTY selection, they have basically been shooting down cannon fodder so far. Performances from here on in are the ones to count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Nor me. But I doubt Dublin's games so far will have any major impact on the POTY selection, they have basically been shooting down cannon fodder so far. Performances from here on in are the ones to count.

Of course they will have a bearing. At the minute you can't look past Dublin in handing out POTY. It is up to other counties to put it up to them to try get it away from someone like Flynn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Yeah POTY will be decided from here on in obviously - but could see him ticking a lot of boxes, especially if the Dubs win it and he maintains his performance levels, which I have to say I would be utterly shocked if he doesn't.

When you remember both Brogans & MDMA already have one, so I reckon that would count against them and look at the other possible candidates from the Dublin squad I think he has a great chance of picking it up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Saw that video on youtube, seriously classy touch from Flynn alright

AGC wrote: »
    Of course they will have a bearing. At the minute you can't look past Dublin in handing out POTY. It is up to other counties to put it up to them to try get it away from someone like Flynn.

Very little bearing. If Dublin lose the quarter final, it is a safe bet that POTY will not be coming to the capital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Next game is Sat August 9th, 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

STB wrote: »

These pictures from the Indo are even more damning. Looks more like a fish hook. Brogans reaction says it all.

Those picture tell a very clear story.

O'Gara's jersey is being pulled back to the extent that he is nearly choking/gagging. At the same time the Meath player is pulling at his face. Closing his mouth on a finger in it is a benign reaction. I am amazed that O'Gara remained so cool throughout that incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

O'Gara and Burke seemingly both in the clear. Neither side chose to take the issue much further which is probably the sensible thing.

I suppose the Dublin county board could have taken it further, but they're probably not petty like me!

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/no-charges-to-be-made-in-alleged-dublin-meath-biting-case-1.1875113?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Wise move from Meath.
    Only one winner there after those pictures became surfaced.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Wise move from Meath.
    Only one winner there after those pictures became surfaced.

Yep, thankfully everyone stepped back and cleared their heads. Heat of the moment stuff from O'Dowd, I'd say he regrets it.

• Advertisement

Became surfaced.... Lol
    Not my best use of the English language!
    You get my drift though.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beffs

Is there anything to be said for saying another Mass sorry to the Dublin player, for trying to name and shame him before any conclusive facts or photos were revealed?

Beffs wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for saying another Mass sorry to the Dublin player, for trying to name and shame him before any conclusive facts or photos were revealed?

Course there won't. Media have a lot to answer for. "Allegation" was front page news, where will the story about him being cleared be in the papers tomorrow? Probably hidden away in a tiny side column.

I know controversy sells but still..

Well in fairness to the media - and I don't often say that - the Meath manager handed them this story on a platter. It's not something that they made up, or dug up for themselves.

Beffs wrote: »
    Well in fairness to the media - and I don't often say that - the Meath manager handed them this story on a platter. It's not something that they made up, or dug up for themselves.

I suppose so.. Maybe the naming of him was silly.

It was an attempt to deflect attention away from the performance. And it worked for a day.
    Genius.

It was more than silly. It was flat out wrong. If a manager genuinely thinks that something like that has happened to one of his players, there are procedures that need to be followed. It is not fair to start naming names and rushing to judgement, or running to the press, immediately after a game, especially if it was a bad loss. If managers do do that, lads are subjected to a trial by media, before any constructive investigating can done. That is just not right.

The sad part of all this, is that other counties may look at this now. They will see all the brouhaha it generated. They may wonder if its worth their while to give it a go too. I really, really hope that does not happen, but with human nature, anything is possible.

He didn't name names in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

You know what, let's put a pin in it and leave it alone!

The Dublin management reacted to this correctly tried to make it a non event, not to cover it up because it wasn't a real biting incident.

After all of this I've watched the Sunday game a couple of times with shocked look that every player wearing a blue jersey behaved maturely in that incident I didn't see one fist raised from our point of view, yes pulling and pushing but that was it.

However I feel if Connelly had of being on the field it may have ended differently.
    I think he'd of reacted.
    Not that I've of blamed him with the slaps that where being thrown!

I've said it before and I'll say it again my stance on a bite is get rid of the player if they do it, like a certain soccer player!

Our hurlers are playing a vital game in a few days, and we're all talking about a total non-event.

Time to move on lads!

• Advertisement

Sucks I can't attend this one!

Feels like I'm letting the team down, make sure whoever is going shouts for me!

I would love if we put one over on tipp in semple stadium.

Gonna be a fun weekend for me, i'll be going with my mothers side of the family.

They are all born and bred Tipp folk.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

Three quick points

1 - We played really well for 60 minutes against Meath. Great defensive effort which meant that they coughed up the ball regularly. Delighted to see Jack getting a run, and thought that Kevin Mc was brilliant and well deserving of his place in the team.

2 - The Meath manager was let down very badly by his player. Giving out about been bitten when you've put your hand very aggressively in the face of you opponent, at the same time as your other hand is choking the same player with his jersey was wrong on a number of scores. Continuing to give out about it ten minutes later and allowing your manager to believe that you've been seriously wronged was disgraceful and borders somewhere between stupidity and denial.

3 - The lack of reaction by O'Gara and Costello to significant provocation was fantastic to see and an example to every footballer in the county/country. The old ways of "getting your retaliation in first" and all that that entailed should be binned. Those two lads have shown that they won't allow themselves to be riled into doing something stupid. Credit as well to Philly Mc for ignoring a punch to the side of the head towards the end of the "coming together".

The picking of Jack McCaffrey last weekend seems to have come about due to Johnny Coopers unavailability. With Cooper unavailable JG picked Mick Fitz. Fitz isn't one for soloing forward too often (and couldn't do so given his role last weekend). Rory is similar,so that meant that two of the full back line were almost always in position. Hence JG could pick Jack and drop a more solid citizen in Kevin Nolan.

What happens when Johnny Cooper is back fit? Will he get his place back from Mick Fitz, or will he replace Philly or Jack,or will he have to start from the bench.

The forward line is similar. The half forward line picks itself (Flynn, DC and AB), but how does he pick a full forward line with BB, Kevin Mc and Paul Mannion as starters and O'Gara, Costello and Paddy Andrews almost demanding inclusion. It's a great problem to have.

Any idea where most of the dubs will be at the weekend? Torn between trying to pick up terrace tickets are going with the club bus and getting stand seats on the clubs pass..

Past30Now wrote: »

The forward line is similar. The half forward line picks itself (Flynn, DC and AB), but how does he pick a full forward line with BB, Kevin Mc and Paul Mannion as starters and O'Gara, Costello and Paddy Andrews almost demanding inclusion. It's a great problem to have.

I'd think Mannion would be most at risk, probably from Andrews. I like the idea of Costello and O'Gara off the bench. Both real gamechangers, one with lightning pace and the other with sheer power.

One more poor game and i'd be dropping DC tbh.

I'd like to see what CC is capable of from the start.

Either way we'll have an awesome sub to bring on.

Mike Fitz is a useful option to have, especially if the opposition have one really strong marquee forward. Think i'd be bringing Cooper back and leaving Jack where he is.

One more poor game and i'd be dropping DC tbh.

I'd like to see what CC is capable of from the start.

Either way we'll have an awesome sub to bring on.

Mike Fitz is a useful option to have, especially if the opposition have one really strong marquee forward.

I agree about DC but I don't see it happening. If Monaghan get through, that match will suit him. He wasn't that bad against Meath and was involved in a lot of the play in the first half. Two wides and two dropped into the goalkeeper was disappointing, and he was nowhere near of what he is capable of. Given his success with Vincents, with three top quality performances, if we win the AI, he'll be in the running for POTY.

The main change I'd make is to start O'Gara. His physicality is frightening and he creates space for BB and the rest of the forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

I’m not from Dublin, but couldn’t agree more with this statement. The man has quietly gone about his business for years and has developed into some kind of “larger than life” role model.

I think it is difficult for wing forwards to establish themselves as key players on a team, as generally they are not that profilic in terms of scores and a lot of their work is tracking back after wing backs. It is over time that they develop a name for themselves e.g. Paul Galvin, Brian Dooher.

Well you can definitely put Paul Flynn on the list of greats. Stylish player who often scores 3/4 points from play. As I say, not easy to do from wing forward. And carries no baggage in matches. Very seldom is in bother with refs, and doesn’t go looking for the limelight off the pitch. He seems determined to use the limited celebrity status that a GAA player has to enhance the lives of those less fortunate people. One of his mates committed suicide and another died from cancer.

And it really does seem so genuine – not looking for public brownie points.

Will leave it at that. You’d never guess that I was a big fan!!! Though from what I’ve written, it sounds like I could be some kind of Paul Flynn stalker.
    If Mayo meet Dublin this year would love to see Keith Higgins in a man marking role on Flynn. Think it would be a hard fought super contest.Need height n speed to mark Flynn. Rare enough ever to see Flynn quietened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

fta93 wrote: »
    Any idea where most of the dubs will be at the weekend? Torn between trying to pick up terrace tickets are going with the club bus and getting stand seats on the clubs pass..

Just picked up 5 Town End Terrace for myself and 4 others

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

A lot up here reckon donegal will be able to contain dublin if they meet in the semi's. Although this Dublin team looks even sharper than last year and could possibly beat donegal.

A lot up here reckon donegal will be able to contain dublin if they meet in the semi's. Although this Dublin team looks even sharper than last year and could possibly beat donegal.

I've said before though that Dublins style is specifically designed to counter a mass defence. Speed of movement, good support play, accurate kick passing and many of our players are strong enough to burst through or ride several tackles.

Dropping deep will allow us to take short kick outs. Pushing up will allow Cluxton to pick out a man 50-60 yards down the field.

Monaghan should provide a good barometer of how good Dublin are(provided they beat Kildare, of course).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

Player Championship Games Played Scored
    Andrews, Paddy 9 1-9
    Bastic, Denis 23 1-6
    Brady, Tomas 2 0-2
    Brennan, Ger 27 0-5
    Brogan, Alan 61 11-124
    Brogan, Bernard 37 13-148
    Cluxton, Stephen 69 0-44 -40 Clean Sheets Conceded 40 goals
    Connolly, Diarmuid 29 5-35
    Cooper, Johnny 9
    Costello, Cormac 4 1-9
    Cullen, Bryan 55 0-36
    Daly, Darren 6
    Devereux, Nicky 5 0-1
    Fitzsimons, Michael 20
    Flynn, Paul 33 3-27
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 9 0-14
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 25 2-6
    Mannion, Paul 9 3-9
    McCaffrey, Jack 10 1-2
    McCarthy, James 20 1-2
    McMahon, Philip 23 0-5
    McManamon, Kevin 23 4-20
    Nolan, Kevin 22 0-5
    O'Brien, Kevin 5
    O'Carroll, Rory 28
    O'Gara, Eoghan 25 6-13
    O'Mahony, Declan 5 0-1
    O'Sullivan, Cian 20 0-5
    Rock, Dean 9 0-18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

Dublin have used 25 players in 3 Championship games.Appearances+Subs for 2014 Championship Games

Brogan, Alan 3
    Cluxton, Stephen 3
    Connolly, Diarmuid 3
    Devereux, Nicky 3
    Flynn, Paul 3
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 3
    McCarthy, James 3
    McMahon, Philip 3
    O'Carroll, Rory 3
    O'Sullivan, Cian 3
    Mannion, Paul 2+1
    McManamon, Kevin 2+1
    McCaffrey, Jack 1+2
    O'Gara, Eoghan 1+2
    Rock, Dean 1+2
    Costello, Cormac 0+3
    Brogan, Bernard 2
    Cooper, Jonny 2
    Daly, Darren 1+1
    Fitzsimons, Michael 1+1
    Brady, Tomas 0+2
    Cullen, Bryan 0+2
    Andrews, Paddy 1
    Nolan, Kevin 1
    Bastic Denis 0+1

Dublin have scored 7-66(87) and conceded 2-38(44) in 3 Championship games. Scorers 2014 Championship Game

Costello, Cormac 1-9
    Brogan, Bernard 1-7
    McManamon, Kevin 1-7
    Flynn, Paul 1-6
    Rock, Dean 0-8
    Connolly, Diarmuid 1-4
    O'Gara, Eoghan 1-4
    Cluxton, Stephen 0-4
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 1-1
    Brogan, Alan 0-3
    Mannion, Paul 0-3
    Brady, Tomas 0-2
    O'Sullivan, Cian 0-2
    Andrews, Paddy 0-1
    Cullen, Bryan 0-1
    Devereux, Nicky 0-1
    McCaffrey, Jack 0-1
    McCarthy, James 0-1
    McMahon, Philip 0-1

Dublin have used 36 players in 9 league games.Appearances+Subs for 2014 League Games

Cooper, Jonny 9
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 8+1
    O'Gara, Eoghan 6+3
    Cluxton, Stephen 8
    McMahon, Philip 8
    McManamon, Kevin 7+1
    Byrne, Davy(Ballymun) 2+6
    Nelson, Darragh 2+6
    O'Sullivan, Cian 7
    Brogan, Alan 6+1
    Reddin, Ciaran 5+2
    Nolan, Kevin 4+3
    McCarthy, James 6
    Andrews, Paddy 5+1
    Fitzsimons, Michael 5+1
    Brady, Tomas 2+4
    McCaffrey, Jack 2+4
    Devereux, Nicky 2+3
    Connolly, Diarmuid 4
    Cullen, Bryan 4
    Flynn, Paul 4
    George, Sean 4
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 4
    O'Carroll, Rory 4
    Costello, Cormac 3+1
    Carty, Shane 2+2
    Whelan, Jason 2+2
    Lowndes, Eric 3
    Daly, Darren 2+1
    O'Mahony, Declan 2+1
    Hudson, Paul 1+2
    Brogan, Bernard 1+1
    Currie, Sean 1+1
    Mannion, Paul 0+2
    O'Brien, Kevin 0+1
    Watson, Daniel 0+1

Dublin have scored 14-138(180) and conceded 11-117(150) in 9 league games. Scorers 2014 League Games

McManamon, Kevin 3-17
    Connolly, Diarmuid 2-11
    O'Gara, Eoghan 3-7
    Brogan, Bernard 1-11
    Brogan, Alan 0-12
    Andrews, Paddy 1-8
    Costello, Cormac 0-10
    Cluxton, Stephen 0-10
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 2-2
    Hudson, Paul 0-7
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 0-6
    Reddin, Ciaran 0-6
    Whelan, Jason 1-3
    Flynn, Paul 0-5
    Cooper, Jonny 0-4
    McCarthy, James 1-1
    Byrne, Davy(Ballymun) 0-3
    Carty, Shane 0-3
    Cullen, Bryan 0-2
    Mannion, Paul 0-2
    McMahon, Philip 0-2
    Nelson, Darragh 0-2
    O'Sullivan, Cian 0-2
    Brady, Tomas 0-1
    McCaffrey, Jack 0-1

Dublin have used 30 players in 3 O'Byrne Cup games.Appearances+Subs for 2014 O'Byrne Cup Games

Carthy, Shane 3
    Fitzsimons, Michael 3
    George, Sean 3
    Hudson, Paul 3
    O'Mahony, Declan 3
    Whelan, Jason 3
    Dawson, Harry 2+1
    Nelson, Darragh 2+1
    Walsh, Conor 2+1
    Cullen, Bryan 2
    Currie, Sean 2
    Daly, Darren 2
    Lowndes, Eric 2
    McMahon, Philip 2
    McManamon, Kevin 2
    Mullins, Cian 2
    Nolan, Kevin 2
    Guckian, Chris 1+1
    Cooper, Jonny 0+2
    Fanning, Eoin 0+2
    McGovern, Niall 0+2
    Watson, Daniel 0+2
    Costello, Cormac 1
    Cluxton, Stephen 1
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 1
    O'Carroll, Rory 1
    Ryan, Philip 1
    Sweeney, Gary 1
    Fletcher, Luke 0+1
    Flynn, Paul 0+1

Dublin have scored 2-34(40) and conceded 3-26(35) in 3 O'Byrne Cup games. Scorers 2014 O'Byrne Cup Games

Hudson, Paul 0-12
    Watson, Daniel 2-2
    Costello, Cormac 0-5
    Whelan, Jason 0-4
    Carty, Shane 0-2
    Fanning, Eoin 0-2
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 0-2
    McManamon, Kevin 0-2
    Dawson, Harry 0-1
    Lowndes, Eric 0-1
    Walsh, Conor 0-1

Jim Gavin managerial championship/league record played 27 won 22 drawn 2 lost 3 scored 44-442(574) conceded 23-332 (401)

2014 Championship Played 3 Won-3 Drawn-0 Lost-0 Scored 7-66(87) Conceded 2-38(44)
    2013 Championship Played 6 Won-6 Drawn-0 Lost-0 Scored 13-99(138) Conceded 5-71(86)
    2014 League Played 9 Won-6 Drawn-1 Lost-2 Scored 14-138(180) Conceded 11-117(150)
    2013 League Played 9 Won-7 Drawn-1 Lost-1 Scored 10-139(169) Conceded 5-106(121)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'd love to see this game if it happens, I think Donegal were better defensively in 2011 than they are now.

Thing is that Dublin 2011 team is still largely there too and can play pretty boring stuff if they want/need.

It's a game we all want to see. I thought Monaghan would beat Donegal, but Donegal have the edge back. I don't expect a lot from some of the younger Dublin players if this game happens, but I do think that the defensive spread that Donegal put on Monaghans three half way decent forwards would not be enough against Dublin, they could afford to nearly treble mark Conor McManus, I would expect a huge effort from Donegal and they could do the business.
    for Dublin to win I'd expect big games from Rock, O'Gara and B Brogan.

Midfield would be very interesting, I think Murphy would be deployed out there again as he could possibly handle MDMC I'd love to see that match up. Gallagher is the pick of them all at midfield IMHO but he might find the pace tough.

Cooper on McBrearty would be a key match up. As would Dublin's 3 vs Donegals 14 . O'Carrol has done well against Murphy in the past if Murphy goes in there but I don't think Donegal can afford to loose his ball winning capability out the field.

I think the predictable conclusion that we would read about if this was about to happen is that Dublin's subs will finish off Donegal, but Donegal could do the biz with goals.

BTW in the background we have McStay building all this up trying to keep the eye off Mayo and on Dublin and Donegal. I think the Donegal v Mayo would be another great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Stoner wrote: »

Cooper on McBrearty would be a key match up. As would Dublin's 3 vs Donegals 14 . O'Carrol has done well against Murphy in the past if Murphy goes in there but I don't think Donegal can afford to loose his ball winning capability out the field.

For a moment I read this as Dublins three full forwards vs Donegals 14 defenders :o

Wow that was another sh1t day for dublin hurling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Time for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Just really deflated after that.

Lads were trying (some very hard) but to keep it short Dublin need fresh faces and lots of them. Doesn't matter if we go backwards in the short term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Problem is that the fresh faces they need all seem to be opting to play football for dublin

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement